Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 05 FX or Tenergy 80

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 05 FX or Tenergy 80
    Posted: 05/06/2013 at 5:29am
It is being a while since T80 is launched.

How is the experience of T80 as compared to T05Fx.
Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
Sponsored Links

crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2013 at 7:59am
you mean compared to regular T05? why would you compare it to fx.
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2013 at 8:07am
T80 has a harder feel and plays slightly faster. I have a T80 that I boosted pretty substantially, but it's still quite a bit harder than T05-fx. So, if you're a "soft rubber guy", you should probably wait till Butterfly releases T80-fx for a more "fair" comparison.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 6:17am
good observation pondus, I hv always used soft rubbers , FX series with more Dwell time ...

Amit Agarwal

dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 10:04am
I have already decided on T80 for my FH rubber, but I was actually comparing T80 to T05fx last night in addition to Rakza 7 soft to determine my new BH rubber.  I was also using the T80 on my Maze and the others together on my TBS for comparison.  

It was fairly easy for me to eliminate the T05fx from consideration.  It felt a little too soft and mushy while not offering any additional performance beyond the Rakza.  

I'm going to reglue my T80 and Rakza 7 soft to one blade and twiddle to see which one I prefer on my BH and I'll weigh in further at that time.  
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by dabookerman dabookerman wrote:

It was fairly easy for me to eliminate the T05fx from consideration.  It felt a little too soft and mushy while not offering any additional performance beyond the Rakza.  

Is the T05FX softer & mushier than the R7Soft?
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 10:25am
[/QUOTE]
Is the T05FX softer & mushier than the R7Soft?
[/QUOTE]
My experience with R7 soft was that it was totally dead and I couldn't do anything with it.  (I like R7 on the f/h so there is no anti-Rakza bias here).

I EJ'd myself to death looking for a suitable b/h rubber and I settled on the T05 fx. I found it wasn't the flashiest rubber but I can do everything solidly with it and my results have improved since switching to it.

But, like everything, it is a personal preference and you may find the opposite is true ... the only way to know is to try both.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2013 at 3:16am
I also have Maze, so u tried T80 on Maze and also 05Fx. 

05 Fx has more dwell time then T80, i guess

can u further elaborate ur experience of T80 with Maze.

I want to select between t80 and 05fx on Maze.

(generally prefer softer rubbers.)

Amit Agarwal

dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2013 at 3:07pm
A little background first:  I have an IF ZLC on order in addition to my Maze and TBS.  I will also try my T80 on that blade but I have already tried T80 for the FH on my TBS and liked it a lot.  

I was not sure which blades I will want to keep, so my idea for trying the most at one time was to play my Maze with T80 FH and Shark II soft BH while I stuck T05FX on one side and Rakza 7 soft on the other side of my TBS and did BH drills.  

While I did not adjust as quickly to the T80 on the Maze, I liked it a lot too.  I play closer to the table and have used a TBS before, so the crisp feeling of the TBS fit better with T80 for me but overall the T80 was a great FH rubber choice for either blade.  I was able to generate great spin and speed on loops/counterloops away from the table.  

The only caveat I would add is that my T05fx was 1.9 thickness.  
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 5:10pm
Would like to bump this, anyone had experience with T05FX and T80 as a backhand rubber? Pros and cons are appreciated :)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Would like to bump this, anyone had experience with T05FX and T80 as a backhand rubber? Pros and cons are appreciated :)

I was using T05FX for BH on Maze, very nice everything. T05FX on my TBS felt faster, quicker with a corky sound.

Tried T80 on Maze and TBS and did not like the "numb" feel at all. Faster than T05FX, nice speed/spin but not the rubber for me. T80FX sounds interesting, will have to wait for the surprise. :)
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 11:52pm
I actually currently use exactly  these rubbers on my BBC Hinoki-Carbon blades. T-80 went on my FH and T-05 FX is on BH.

I should say that out of many many rubbers (more than 40) that I have tried in the last 5 years Tenergy 05 FX is by far the best BH rubber - for me, that is, and on these blades, of course. Mileage may vary. But of course it's quite pricey Cry

However when I played with it on FH there was a bit of an issue. It is OK to play with, better control than T-05 regular, nice to open the loop vs underspin pushes etc, but it lacked a bit of power in harder shots and also wasn't too crisp in shots from afar, which I do pretty often.

So I tried a couple of other rubbers and then decided to try Tenergy 80 (a clubmate of mine, a 2300-2400 player also switched from Tibhar Genius to T-80 and told me he was quite happy with it on his Viscaria). So I tried T-80 1.9 mm and currently playing with it on my FH.

I cannot say that it is a great rubber but it does almost everything quite reliably, does flatter shots and power shots better than T-05 FX and on average plays better for me on FH than T-05 FX.

I was basically aiming for something that is harder than T-05 FX but softer than standard 48 deg Euro tensors like Palio Blitz, Xiom Omega 4 Asia and some other that I tried.

T-80 actually feels softer than other regular Tenergies (T-05, T-25 and T-64). Presumably its topsheet is a bit softer, or perhaps the pips are positioned in such a manner that the overall feeling is softer, not sure.

Honestly if Tibhar made Aurus with 45 deg (tensor scale) sponge - that is, in the middle between regular Aurus and Aurus Soft, then I'd play with that. But they don't and so I don't... too bad because I like Aurus a lot... and it's about 40% cheaper.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 12:11am
well JimT, perhaps the new ball (which I'm so irritated about) will make your degree preference shift to one of the Aurus rubbers
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 1:26am
The two credible Tenergies are 05 and 64.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Mdman Mdman wrote:

I am not sure you are using word "credible" properly. What you meant probably was to say that you (specifically you!) liked those two best of the Tenergies you tried. BTW, did you try all Tenergies?

cred·i·ble
ˈkredəbəl/< style="height:16px;width:16px" ="" width="16" height="16">
adjective
adjective: credible
  1. 1.
    able to be believed; convincing.
    "few people found his story credible"
    synonyms:believable, plausible, tenable, able to hold water, conceivable, likely, probable, possible, feasible, reasonable, with a ring of truth, persuasive More
    "only one of the so-called witnesses could provide a credible story"

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 11:18pm

Eugene Wang uses T80 on BH.  He is not the only one.  I also think it is an excellent BH rubber.  (On a couple of websites I have seen a report that Jun Mitzutani uses it on BH side also.  I don't know if that is true).  I can see why it might not be so great for FH.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Eugene Wang uses T80 on BH.  He is not the only one.  I also think it is an excellent BH rubber.  (On a couple of websites I have seen a report that Jun Mitzutani uses it on BH side also.  I don't know if that is true).  I can see why it might not be so great for FH.

Well... to each his own. I actually didn't like it that much on BH... although I only tried it there for a couple of minutes. Seemed better for me on FH.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 11:58am
Point being that it is certainly a "credible" rubber (if I am interpreting his odd use of the word the way he intends it).  Also, JimT and I probably use different blades, on a slower blade I would probably not use T80.  Different people like different stuff, obviously.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 9:10pm
So let me see if I understand it clearly...

Is T80 a credible rubber?

Or is it INCREDIBLE?
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2014 at 9:59pm

He meant trustworthy, which would make some sense....
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 3:05am
OK, so T05 and T64 are trustworthy rubbers, so does he mean the others are not trustworthy?  What, do T80 and T25 tell lies?  Steal your girlfriend?  Hack your computer or take money out of your wallet?  Not show up at the club when you want to play because they are somewhere else binge drinking or smoking crack?

It seemed to me by using the word "credible" mdman meant "well attested owing to its widespread use by top players".  But maybe he meant "durable".  Or maybe he meant "consistent playing properties from day to day".  Or maybe he meant "nobody will laugh at you if you show up at a club with it on your blade".  Or maybe he meant something else?

I like T80 on BH on a Viscaria  personally but it is partly at this point I am quite used to it.  Only way to really know is trying it yourself.

regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2014 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I like T80 on BH on a Viscaria  personally but it is partly at this point I am quite used to it.  Only way to really know is trying it yourself.

+1 Only way to really know is trying it yourself.  ᆗ °Q(ツ
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic