FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly ZJK super ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly ZJK super ZLC
    Posted: 05/09/2013 at 7:30am
A friend at the club bought one, one of the really serious EJs I rely on to try new stuff without actually buying it myself.  Every club benefits when there a couple of guys like that!  I actually forgot to ask him where he bought it. 

Anyway, he let me hit with it for about twenty minutes.  It has Bluefire M2 on one side and Tenergy 80 on the other -- enough like my current T05-T80 combination that I can judge some things.  This means the entire setup must have cost considerably north of $360 -- the price of three of my Viscarias (assuming one could actually find one these days). Twenty minutes is not enough to say a whole lot, but I can say a little.  The first thing is that unlike the original ZJK blade (which I personally thought was not very good), this new blade immediately has an excellent feel.  It is much better than the two TB-ALCs I bought recently (and sold immediately).  It is infinitely better than the original ZJK.  It is a little faster than my Viscaria, but has a remarkably similar overall feel.  It has the same mixture of of flexibility (rare in composites) and gigantic sweet spot that the Viscaria has.  It is the only other blade I have tried that instantly gives that impression, even more so than TBS or TB-ALC.  This blade was a little lighter than I like personally, a trend I am seeing with Btfly in general (it is getting hard to find a TB-ALC that is 90 grams or greater).  I tend to like my blades a bit heavier than some people -- I prefer 89-92 gram -- so a lot of people will probably like the weight.  I have no idea what the weight range of this blade will eventually turn out to be.  The weight balance was fantastic, unlike the original ZJK, which I thought was awful.  The feel was pretty soft overall, but fast.  I'm not going to say something more or less meaningless like "this is a great looping blade".  Well, it is.  But that is true for pretty much any soft composite blade, and it is intended to be used for that, along with dozens and dozens of other blades out there.  This one has a great balance and feel, kind of like when you get behind the wheel of a BMW and you suddenly realize that the car you were driving before is garbage.  This blade doesn't make my Viscaria feel like garbage.  (It's a BMW too).  Only I can say that it really would not surprise me if ZJK actually ended up using this blade at some point (as opposed to the original one with the stupid blue dragon on it -- possibly the only ALC blade Btfly ever manufactured that seemed like a total failure, at least to me -- and which he never adopted, possibly somewhat to the embarrassment of the manufacturer).    

Having said all that, I'm not going to buy one for myself.  I'm pretty well paid in my job but that doesn't mean I'm going to spend stupidly!  But my guess is that at some point the price will come way down.

Edit.  One other thing, this one had an anatomical handle covered with grip tape, so I a can't say anything about how the flared or straight handles will feel or their size or shape.  It is interesting, though, that Btfly has decided to offer this one with three handle shapes.

Edited by Baal - 05/09/2013 at 7:35am
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 8:22am
Thanks, good review. 

Would be interesting to see reviews of how this ZLC blade feels in comparison to the existing ZLC ones.
TopSpinNinja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopSpinNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 9:25am
In my club we ordered 5 Super ZLC ,

Adrian Crisan will test it for 1 week and than i can share him review with this website.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 10:32am
I have a good feeling about that blade. And it seem from Baals review it is. Good balance and power with good feeling.
About the TB ALC, this is a blade to be very picky. The St one i kept is extraordinary blade with weight around 92 gr. However i also had to sell immediately some  Fl ones quite light. 
In my experience one can get a very good TB ALC (weight>90 grs.) but sometimes one can get a b*sht particullarly with light ones. Have to be lucky.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 12:18pm
Do you know if Timo Boll uses Flared or Straight handle?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 12:27pm
Timo Boll uses straight.  I owned a straight one once when they first came out, it was excellent, but I really prefer flared handles.  Some of my club mates have good ones, I bought two that I didn't like and then decided that in any case there was nothing wrong with my Viscarias, although one of those is definitely better than the other.  One thing is that in the US you can't just walk into a shop and pick out the best blade among several available, and Butterfly NA almost never has any of their popular blades in stock.  So you can ask them to get you one in a certain weight range -- once the blade comes in off backorder -- but it doesn't mean that's what you are going to get. I understand the need for local vendors to keep their inventories as low as possible, but this is gotten pretty extreme.  Because these things are made of wood, you always have to be a little bit lucky to find a special blade.
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2013 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Timo Boll uses straight.  I owned a straight one once when they first came out, it was excellent, but I really prefer flared handles.  Some of my club mates have good ones, I bought two that I didn't like and then decided that in any case there was nothing wrong with my Viscarias, although one of those is definitely better than the other.  One thing is that in the US you can't just walk into a shop and pick out the best blade among several available, and Butterfly NA almost never has any of their popular blades in stock.  So you can ask them to get you one in a certain weight range -- once the blade comes in off backorder -- but it doesn't mean that's what you are going to get. I understand the need for local vendors to keep their inventories as low as possible, but this is gotten pretty extreme.  Because these things are made of wood, you always have to be a little bit lucky to find a special blade.

Thanks Baal
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2013 at 12:49am
Hi Baal, Zhang Jike Super ZLC is soft compared to which blade? How if it compared to timo boll zlc? Thanks.
Yoshimura Maharu Limited Edition

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by TopSpinNinja TopSpinNinja wrote:

Adrian Crisan will test it for 1 week and than i can share him review with this website.

That's awesome. Thanks!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2013 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by cherng cherng wrote:

Hi Baal, Zhang Jike Super ZLC is soft compared to which blade? How if it compared to timo boll zlc? Thanks.

Other Btfly blades in general.  But I have not played with TB zlc before.  It is about the same softness as my Viscaria.  A little softer than recent TB-ALC blades.
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2013 at 4:17pm
Here's the twin Wink

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2013 at 4:19pm
drooling!  Pleae tell us how the ZJK SZLC performs!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2013 at 4:22pm
Sure Cong TongueTongue, oh, wait a minute, another ZJK ZLC is coming so I can test all 3 together Smile

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2013 at 4:27pm
wonderful Steward, looking forward to the comprehensive reviews for all!  That must be a lot of dough you just spent for the three paddles.  =)
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2013 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by E.ZegnaFan E.ZegnaFan wrote:

Here's the twin Wink

Argh, you bastard... Wink
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2013 at 5:30pm

Wow, nice. Just my kinda handle.

They look so devilish….

After having looked at the duo here, I just might take a flight over to Japan & hand pick couple of each model & flip them here to earn some bucks so that my wife & kid would not move out & I don’t have to live in that dog house myself.

Very sound & wise business model/plan for me, I’d say….

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2013 at 6:48pm

Here's the twin Wink

and it's the right handle too...Clap  what are their weights?
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2013 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Wow, nice. Just my kinda handle.

They look so devilish….

After having looked at the duo here, I just might take a flight over to Japan & hand pick couple of each model & flip them here to earn some bucks so that my wife & kid would not move out & I don’t have to live in that dog house myself.

Very sound & wise business model/plan for me, I’d say….

Sounds great man !Clap

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Here's the twin Wink

and it's the right handle too...Clap  what are their weights?

Hi John, both weight at 87.7 and 87.9 grams respectively for the ALC and SZLC, a bit more than my 87.5 grams Timo Boll ZLC. My MJ is 84.5 grams, my Amultart is 85.4 grams and my Innerforce ZLC is 82.5 grams.

Edited by E.ZegnaFan - 05/23/2013 at 3:30pm

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 8:58am
Mini review.... coming off a 7-8 month stint from using a ishlion so keep this in mind. 

super zlc 87 grams fl. with 05 fxfh and bluefire bh. 

the first thing i noticed was the trajectory seemed to be slightly lower when i just started to warm up
but i think this may have just been that it was quite a bit faster then my ishlion. because when i started to loop it had quite a high long arch. plenty of loops went off the end of the table at first.

The blade indeed has a wonderful feeling, but i would say a bit softer then a expected!! and for sure softer then my ishlion.
One thing that really stands out was for how fast the blade is it had phenomenal touch and feeling inside the table, on serve receive especially. And very nice over-the-table looping capability. seems to really pick up and grab the ball nicely.

when looping i find myself having to be a bit more careful tho as this blade has quite a few more gears then my ishlion...could even say a different type of power, the ishlion being a very linear line of power increase on a graph like a straight line on  45* angle, while with Szlc line would curve upwards to its peak power quite a bit faster.
   funny thing about it tho..... it almost reminded me of my darker speed 90 when looping from mid or back, it had great control like a laser dropping bombs all over the table, but it gave my opponents no trouble it seemed!!?? quite confusing because i really felt the balls had more speed and spin. almost like the trajectory was to perfect, therefore predictable!!? maybe i just need more time with the blade tho?  

thats all i can think of for now

enjoy

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 9:28am
By the way, where are you guys buying these blades?
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 1:01pm
CCTTA  club pro shop...A.K.A.  PPCircle    it may be one of his dealer samples from butterfly? he did mention that it was from the first lot of production of this blade. next shipment/order is few weeks away yet.

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 1:47pm

Hi John, both weight at 87.7 and 87.9 grams respectively for the ALC and SZLC, a bit more than my 87.5 grams Timo Boll ZLC, a bit les than my 88.2 grams Innerforce ZLC. My MJ is 84.5 grams and Amultart is 85.4 grams

Nice weights since I only use pips on the BH.  

Let me know when you get bored with your MJ and Amultart. Big smile
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopSpinNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 4:22pm
tommorow i will play with Adrian Crisan,and we will talk a bit

he play with SZLC around 5 sessions so probably he has somethink to tell about the blade
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

By the way, where are you guys buying these blades?

Baal, I bought those from tt-japan.net but if you have a friend living in Japan, you can buy it from another mail order site for cheap, ex : ZJK SZLC for $270-ish @www.takugekiya.com. Cheers Smile

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Hi John, both weight at 87.7 and 87.9 grams respectively for the ALC and SZLC, a bit more than my 87.5 grams Timo Boll ZLC, a bit les than my 88.2 grams Innerforce ZLC. My MJ is 84.5 grams and Amultart is 85.4 grams

Nice weights since I only use pips on the BH.  

Let me know when you get bored with your MJ and Amultart. Big smile

Sure John, I know you love a light-weight blades Wink

Edited by E.ZegnaFan - 05/14/2013 at 10:03pm

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 6:35pm

tommorow i will play with Adrian Crisan,and we will talk a bit

he play with SZLC around 5 sessions so probably he has somethink to tell about the blade

Interesting: this guy spends 5 sessions testing a new blade just before the main draw of WTTC?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TopSpinNinja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 1:35am
Ok ,short review

based on 4 people opinion

Blade size 157x150

thicknes 5.6-5.7

Speed-Fast

rubbers used: tenergys in general

before the begining of our test all the player were convinced that this is another bty trick to sell expensive blades.

Spin- with thickness of 5.6 and tenergy this blade literraly sucks the ball to him core,than a mechanical sound apear and the ball are kicked off with super spin.No matter how far from the table you are you always have the arc to land the ball with vicious spin.

Speed- this is where most of the guys inc me were kind of disapointed. Despite the fact that this blade has SLZC we didnt find any significant difference in speed,actually we find this blade even slower than ALC and ZLC model,but this can be due to the fact we playing with heavier blades and this blade weight around 85 gr average.

Control-alltougrht its offensive blade it shines in control ,the blade assure you than you can land any ball  if you prepared yourself for the stroke.

Ok now let me tell you what Adrian think about.

It is not a secret that he play with AC blade custom made

Allthought he was preparing himself for WTTC he spend some time ,because he is thinking to switch to different blade

He said literraly that this blade is a upgade from TBS/ALC but when i told him how much butterfly will charge ,he starts to laughin.

Despite that fact,he found the blade very easy to adapt to,user friendly but he were disapointed because there is no seria A.Crisan SZLC :)

he made excelent topspin with this blade,but he can make them even with a crock :D

He found blade very good close to the table and mediium distance.Blocks and smashes were astonisnishing. Mainly because of the rubbers but when he smash hard all the gym heard the noisy metal sound who fullfill the tables nearby.

cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 2:03am
Hi TopSpinNinja, Is the Zhang JiKe Super ZLC blade feels like Hinoki Blade (Kong LingHui, Amutart...)? Some people describe it feels like a thin Hinoki Blade, is it true?
Yoshimura Maharu Limited Edition

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
zscpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zscpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 2:26am
Is it worth to get one?
BTY TMB ZLC
FH:Tenergy 05
BH:Tenergy 64-fx

Stiga EBENHOLZ NCT VII
FH:Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Sriver G3
http://www.facebook.com/tabletennis4u
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic