Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Keyshot Light review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Keyshot Light review
    Posted: 05/23/2013 at 6:50am
Hello friends,

I tested this blade for around 4-5 playing hours in details and now I can write a review.
The blade is with middle ply kiri - more softer kind of balsa wood, which we all are familiar with. This kind of middle ply we can see in Maze,TBS,Schlager,Viscaria,TB5000,Gergely,Primorac, Photino and many other world class top blades. The blade has two Arylate layers, without Carbon. Instead Carbon there is a special Vectran fiber in the blade, I suppose it is combined with the Arylate. So the blade is Arylate - Vectran.
 I remember some years ago I tested Timo Boll Spark with two arylate layers, but it was slowly, thin, lot of vibrations and very hard, more harder than TBS, for example.

Outer plies are Ayous, which makes this blade more softer and slower than TB ALC.
The blade is around 88 grams, 7.0mm thickness, 150-157mm head size. The handle is not wide as Primorac Carbon for example it is little more thin for that kind of thickness blades.

I don't know why this blade is called LIGHT.
When I catch in my hand the blade without rubbers first I though it is really very light.
But when I put the blade on the weight scale I was surprised.
When I glued my 2 x T05 2.1mm rubbers I felt the balance is very good. It is little more placed to the head than in the middle or to the handle. It is the main advantage for the great control in blocking, because it gives you more solid feeling.

On the table I tried different strokes and my conclusions after 4-5 hours strong playing is this blade has amazing control in blocking, receiving and placing short balls. Very good spin and feeling in counter loops. Cutting and chopping far of the table is like children's game.
Serving is also very good, with lot of spin.

I didn't like only the low throw of this blade and playing against backspin is not at the same level like M.Maze or TBS.
This blade is great for ALL-rounders, who prefer more soft feeling with acceptable dozen of  vibration.
One of the reason about the higher control in this blade is because of the outer plies, which are more thicker than usual.

If someone wants to test this blade, please let me know.

Edit: The blade is without carbon, but it has Arylate and Vectran. Missing the Carbon and the thicker outer plies + softer inner is the reason of the higher spin that the blade produced in looping and cutting.
Instead Carbon there is a special Vectran Fiber stamped on the back-side small rounded plastic logo in the handle.
Here you can read more about the Vectran:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vectran

It seem this blade is more special than I though, but I still think it is not suitable for full offensive players.
Vectran is used in the space technology! Amazing!
http://www.vectranfiber.com/
Vectran® fiber is five times stronger than steel and ten times stronger than aluminum. These unique properties characterize Vectran®: Shocked Shocked Shocked

I hope I was useful once again with my own Keyshot Light review in details.

Edited by kolevtt - 05/23/2013 at 10:42pm
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2013 at 2:24pm
thank you very much. very good review.
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2013 at 3:42pm
Hello,
This balde doesn`t have two arylate carbon as you mentioned, it has two arylate layer so it is not ALC it is just AL, not like TBS, MM, TBALC it is more like Timo Boll Spark, Bazelart, Innerforce AL.
The only thing that makes this blade different making a comparrison with the blades I mentioned it is its thickness 6,5 mm. I think you wrote this review only for commercial purpose no offense, nobody will believe a review wrote after 4-5 hours playing with a blade, maybe after 2 month of everyday using you can write a serious review... just my 2...

Edited by adishorul - 05/23/2013 at 3:43pm
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2013 at 7:19pm
Excuse me, but my blade is exactly 7.0 mm. About the Carbon - it is possible you are right, but it has the acceleration of the carbon, but not exactly the same. I wrote the outer plies are more thicker than usual.
I found explanation of using Arylate. Here it is explained:
"This is believed to increase the size of the blade's sweet spot, and lessen the amount of vibration felt by the player when hitting the ball.
Adding arylate fiber layers is supposed to produce blades with a softer feel than pure wood or Carbon and tend to be used by players who want more spin or better feel."

This is why I felt more better control with this blade. It is not like M.Maze, TBS, but it is like Timo Bol Spark then (I don't know Bazelart or Innerforce) I have tested two or three years ago just a few minutes. I remember it was too hard and more slowly.
About your 2 I can give you 3 - I think I am enough skilled to give a review/comparison after 4-5 hour games and training.
I have a personal question for you: What will be changed in my opinion after one month using this blade - its weight, thickness, layers, head size, control, speed, feeling?
My own opinion is that you must respect more the labor of the people here.
And what about my commercial purpose ?
Do you have a Keyshot Alpha for trade? What I will win if I spent some money for trade with Keyshot Alpha or another blade I haven't tested?

If I think this blade is not suitable for me, what is the problem to make presentation and attract more people to test it, according the playing skills and strategy I wrote?
Thank you for your inclusion, but I think here is better to support the authors of different review if you have your own imaginations about the product in the topic, not to argue each other.

adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2013 at 11:34am
Now after I gave you the correct information about the keyshot composition I saw you made the necesary corrections. Anyway I don`t understand how did you believe that keyshot light has layers of arylate carbon inside considering on blade`s face is written very clear the composition. I did not want to argue with you or anybody else. But be aware when you wrote reviews about a blade`s composition with wrong information and think one minute :newcomers in this amazing sport of table tennis may spend a lots of money buying blades that don`t have the composition and behaviour expected only relying on the information you provided.. wright?
Besides that I am sure that you are not such an expert to tell absolutelly everything about the keyshot light behaviour after 5 hours of training... no offence. Have a very nice weekend.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2013 at 2:36pm
Thank you once again. Instead of Carbon, I made a note : the newcomers will spend a lots of money and they will understand they bought Arylate and Vectran, more good and expensive material (I suppose) than carbon.

ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

Besides that I am sure that you are not such an expert to tell absolutelly everything about the keyshot light behaviour after 5 hours of training... no offence. Have a very nice weekend.
 I have played him. No offence, but he can beat you sitting on a chair. 

Edited by ChichoFicho - 05/24/2013 at 2:43pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2013 at 7:13pm
Chicho Ficho is probably right, but here we are not to tell each other who is better in table tennis. There are competitions, ratings and so on for this purpose. I am not World Class Player.

I just shared my own imagination about this blade after these 4-5 hours trainings with purpose to compare it with my personal blade M.Maze ALC that I used this season. I have used Nexy Sahara - the ultimate weapon for me before to get the M.Maze ALC because I am injured in the knee and I needed more low speed with M.Maze ALC. I have even used anti-spin rubber on my backhand when the pain in the knee was more than usual. Surely I will have a surgery soon and I hope to become better after that.
But without to know the level of the member who posted review here - please, don't be so sure I am not such an expert to tell you absolutelly everything about the keyshot light even these 5 hours. I can compare you this blade with probably 100% of the most well known blades on the market. I don't know what is my level in USATT rating, but you don't need to be Timo Boll just to write a review of one blade.
Missing the Carbon with Vectran is my bad, indeed, but here we are to help each other, not to argue. But in this case the Vectran is kind of Carbon used in the space machines, isn't it?

I felt good acceleration in more stronger shots with the Keyshot, but the low throw is problem for my style. It is more oriented to ALLround looping from the shoulder (chinese style)  than aggressive OFF topspin strokes.

Now the review is more than full I think. If you have to add something - please, feel free to do this with us. If someone has some questions - I'll be glad to answer all.
But one more to tell you if you still can not understand - I am professional coach and player.

Many greetings from Bulgaria!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic