Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OSP Carbon Test / Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

Updated, final review. Blade is sent to Luxembourg now!

are you mr johan thomassen? because u were supposed to send the blade to me after you test it, at least that's what my email received from mr palatinus described...
my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by PLLsystem PLLsystem wrote:

Thanks for your efforts MG and all of you. You delivered very much useful information to us.

Any rough idea of a release date yet?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 2:57am
Originally posted by TTFrenzy TTFrenzy wrote:

Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

Updated, final review. Blade is sent to Luxembourg now!

are you mr johan thomassen? because u were supposed to send the blade to me after you test it, at least that's what my email received from mr palatinus described...

Yes I am, I got that mail aswell but later I got another mail saying I should send it to Luxembourg instead, so I did.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2013 at 3:00am
Ive put the reviews in the first posts.

Edited by Thomasson - 07/08/2013 at 3:00am
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2013 at 6:34pm
Virtuoso Carbon has been sent to Germany, I'm curious to try the Martin Carbon if it comes to this part of Europe later.
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 5:43am
Thanks for your cooperation guys, as I wrote somewhere we try to keep the blades within continents first to save shipping time and costs.
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 6:21am
Originally posted by mg mg wrote:

Virtuoso Carbon has been sent to Germany, I'm curious to try the Martin Carbon if it comes to this part of Europe later.

You better take a trip to Hungary. Smile
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 3:49pm
Well we are international but I am afraid it is cheaper for the blade to travel :)
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2013 at 3:51pm
Well it is not a secret we aim to release final version to the next season
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 9:52pm
I had the Expert Carbon for quite a while, but i was in Vegas for the US Open and only got to use it twice when i came back.  First, impression was great:
Best thing that jumped out to me was how exact the blade was, i could place the ball where i wanted with ease...
Worse thing that jumped to me, was that i had a hard time punch blocking/countering with power

FH: tuned national version H3 works ok
BH: Tibhar Evolution Mxp works very nicely

Blade has a medium-low throw, well-balanced, bigger sweetspot,
It is stiffer but springy...

One of my curios discovery was that went i met the ball perpendicularly, smash, block, drive, flatter push the blade played ALL+
When i met the ball closed angle, loop, loop drive, hard spiny push, even flips, blade felt OFF- to OFF

Serves, very nice for placement, keeping it short was easy and good potential for Spin, but not as much as with Virtuoso

Pushes are easy, return of serve and short game is easy no issues in this area, ball stays low and exact

Looping is best from mid to close distance, 

Countering is nice and easy, but a tad more power would be nice

Blocking has a nice feel but it needs a bit more pop for powerblocks or punching, it is excellent for placement and feel blocks...i would venture to say that if the core would be .2-3 mm thicker this would solve the issue.

Overall, i would give it a 9 out of 10...so i am looking forward to ordering one.

Thanks to Mr. Laszlo and Robert for the opportunity...
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
lakatos View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakatos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2013 at 8:08am
May i ask if there is a carbon version of the Ultimate.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2013 at 5:49pm
Lakatos

I don't know about the Ultimate Carbon; however, I did play with the Ultimate test blade, for the first time in over two years, on Wednesday. Imago had kindly returned the blade to me; so that i could compare it to the Expert Carbon.

Before going down the club; I put TG2 Neo on the forehand and TG3 Neo on the backhand of the Ultimate and put it in a double bat case ; along with the Expert Carbon. It didn't take long to realise that  the Ultimate was a blade I liked and it was 90 minutes later; before I remembered that I needed to play with the Expert Carbon too; if I wanted to compare the two.

In the case of the Expert Carbon; it's had plenty of playing time before the arrival of the Ultimate and I've enjoyed playing with it.  They are both very good blades and of the two; I feel that the Ultimate is the better choice for me; for the following reasons :

1) I prefer the rounded straight handle on the Ultimate; as it fits more naturally into my hand; than the Flared handle on the Expert Carbon. 

2) My clubmates have commented that I play more consistently and a better overall game with the Ultimate. One surprise comment was I also played with a wider range of shots with the Ultimate and I must admit; my short game was working better than normal too.

3) One of my teammates has also made the point that I should forget about playing with any other bat and concentrate on playing with the Ultimate with TG Neo rubbers, from now on.

Bearing in mind I haven't finished testing the Expert Carbon and the Rapscallion will be coming my way at some stage; I'll still be doing some further testing; however, I will be following the advice of my teammate and make the Ultimate my main bat.

p.s. I will be doing a separate post for the Expert Carbon review.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2013 at 5:19am
A few weeks ago my Virtuoso Carbon arrived in Germany. Since my registration in April I was waiting a long time for this test-blade. Unfortunately it arrived one day before my holiday-journey and when I came back from the journey the sports-halls were closed (until the beginning of September). 

I hoped, to find some other tt-players on the journey (on a crusing-ship). So I took the Virtuoso Carbon and the Ross Leidy Vagabond (another test-blade, which arrived on the same day) with me on the ship. But here wasn`t a really opponent, so I can`t give a real review, only a short impression from playing with my daughter. And the next proble was, that the tt-board was on the deck of the ship. So the wind was another problem.

I played both blades with Evolution MX-P 1,9 and Hammond Pro Beta 1,9. The rubbers were not new, but still playable (played for 3 months on my main blade). While the Ross Leidy blade was a bit too bouncy for me, the Virtuoso Carbon fits better to my game. 

Especially from 1m behind the table, the Virtuoso Carbon was really good. The blade has enough power, but also good control. In comparison to the original Virtuoso (I played a year ago) blocking and ball-placement is a bit easier. 

Like I said: it is only a short impression, because I have no chance, to test it for a longer time.
lakatos View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakatos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2013 at 8:22am
Thanks Peter for your detailed review on the Ultimate. May I take this opportunity to ask if there are any OSP users who also play with long pip (0X) BH ? If so, which blade you use?
read from OSP 's website that the Martin is suitable for short pimp, but is it suitable for LP (0x) as well ?
typus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 12:23pm
, I'm from Serbia and interested for testing of this new carbon blades (first Expert), where to check in, and how long is a waiting list...
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:32pm
I'm currently testing the Expert Carbon and I've agreed to send it onto Imago next; so that he can compare it to the Martin Carbon.

I couldn't tell you who else is on the list after Imago.

typus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

I'm currently testing the Expert Carbon and I've agreed to send it onto Imago next; so that he can compare it to the Martin Carbon.

I couldn't tell you who else is on the list after Imago.

Thanks for fast replay.
typus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:57pm
Dear Imago, please inform me are is blade available after you, we are neighbors.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2013 at 7:07pm

OSP Expert Carbon

Weight               : 89 grams
Handle               : Flared
Blade Face Size : Same as the Expert; i.e., 160mm x 151mm
Blade thickness :
Same as the Expert; around 5.4mm

Blades used as reference points  :

1) a 90 gram Expert with an anatomical handle.
2) a 94 gram Ultimate, with a rounded straight handle.

Rubbers used for testing the Expert Carbon alongside the Expert :

2.15mm TG3 Neo on the forehand and 2mm Genius on the backhand; on both blades.

Construction

The Carbon layers on the Expert Carbon, are placed around the centre ply and the combined thickness of the carbon layers and core; look about the same thickness, as the centre ply of the Expert. The medial and outer plies also look about the same thickness on both blades too; thus producing two blades of around 5.4mm in thickness.

When doing a bounce test on both blades; the Expert Carbon has a slightly higher frequency than the Expert, indicating that it's a faster and stiffer blade, than the Expert.

Throw :

As expected from the bounce test; the Expert is the flexier blade of the two and it has a higher throw when you engage the blade's catapult effect; when playing topspin shots from mid distance.

Likewise; the Expert has a shorter trajectory length when playing counter topspin shots from mid distance because of the power inherent within the carbon layers of the Expert Carbon, kicks in when you play bigger strokes away from the table.

Speed :

The carbon layers give the Expert Carbon a bit more speed and a bit less dwell time too. Of the two blades; the Expert Carbon would be my suggestion for players who like to attack at the top of the bounce, close to the table.

Short Game :

I didn't have any problems keeping the ball low on service returns with either blade; however, the Expert does have the lower first gear and hence is slightly easier to control.

The stiffer nature of the Expert Carbon made it good for playing flicked service returns.

Spin variation within a game :

Due to the better dwell time; the Expert is easier to play spin variations with.

Rubber Choices :

I felt that 2mm Genius worked well on both blades; however, I preferred 2mm Blitz on the Expert.

Expert Carbon v Ultimate

Both blades are 7 ply; however, the Expert Carbon is a 5.4mm blade with 2 Carbon layers; whereas the Ultimate is a 5.9mm wooden 7 ply blade.

Using TG3 Neo as a reference point; I'd say the Ultimate is the slightly faster/stiffer blade of the two.

Whilst the Ultimate is recommended for a close to mid distance game; I don't have any problems playing long distance with it. And I didn't have any problems playing long distance with the Expert Carbon either; however, I preferred 2mm Genius on the forehand when playing with the Expert Carbon from that distance. 

Conclusion :

I would still recommend the Expert for players who like playing away from the table because it works well from that range; whereas, I feel the Expert Carbon is a better choice for playing a close to mid distance game instead.

The Ultimate likewise is a good choice for the close to mid distance game, as well.

Handle choices :

Of the three handles on the OSP blades mentioned above; I prefer the rounded straight handle on the Ultimate and anatomical handle on the Expert; as both fit more naturally in the palm of my hand; than the flared handle on the Expert Carbon.

Don't get me wrong; the OSP flared handle is a comfortable handle and I've no doubt that players who like flared handles; will find it one of the better flared handles on the market.

Edited by Peter C - 08/21/2013 at 7:08pm
lakatos View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakatos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2013 at 2:51am
Hi Peter,
May I ask which is your favourite blade if you had to choose one ?
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2013 at 2:27pm
lakatos

Before testing the Expert Carbon; the answer would have been the Expert.

I still rate the Expert very highly; however; my choice has changed in recent weeks because I've been playing regularly with the Ultimate and I recognise that my clubmates were right, when they pointed out I play better with the Ultimate, with TG2 Neo and TG3 Neo.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 4:08am
Originally posted by typus typus wrote:

Dear Imago, please inform me are is blade available after you, we are neighbors.

It's only now that I had the chance to really hit with Expert Carbon. If there is no other candidate before typus - and Peter C agrees - I would be glad to send it, or even bring it to Serbia. Star

As much I was seduced by Martin Carbon for its power, speed and feel, it's probably Expert Carbon that can take a central place in my heart. Smile

I tried it first with some old T05 and Xiom Vega Pro and it was bad. Then I have put an old H3 Nat on FH and a newer T05 on BH - and it was like Christmas wonder. Controlled power at its best.
typus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2013 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

It's only now that I had the chance to really hit with Expert Carbon. If there is no other candidate before typus - and Peter C agrees - I would be glad to send it, or even bring it to Serbia. Star

As much I was seduced by Martin Carbon for its power, speed and feel, it's probably Expert Carbon that can take a central place in my heart. Smile

I tried it first with some old T05 and Xiom Vega Pro and it was bad. Then I have put an old H3 Nat on FH and a newer T05 on BH - and it was like Christmas wonder. Controlled power at its best.
Dear Imago, many thanks for info, if blade still in your hand we will wait for Peter C replay, and continue conversation by pm...
Of course, if you want visit me in Serbia, you are welcome !!!
Dear Peter C, can you inform us do you agree with this proposal, or somebody else is before me in line.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2013 at 9:36am
It's agreed, I am sending Expert Carbon to typus.
typus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2013 at 9:56am
Many thanks for all...
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 9:07am
I have a Martin Carbon for sale, will also put an ad her, just wanted to let you guys know Wink
typus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2015 at 3:26pm

Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Dear Imago, many thanks for info, if blade still in your hand we will wait for Peter C replay, and continue conversation by pm...
Of course, if you want visit me in Serbia, you are welcome !!!
Dear Peter C, can you inform us do you agree with this proposal, or somebody else is before me in line.

typus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2015 at 3:33pm
Dear all, I'm trully sorry for keeping Expert Carbon test blade received from dear Imago is still in my hands.
Had out of the forum long time a go but no excuse that I keep this blade sooo long.
Please tell me to whom to send for testing, it is untouched I played only 2-3 times, totaly not for me.
Generally, blade is great, great spin, high throw, big sweetspot, but flexy, who liked I strongly recomend this blade, my recomendation to use harder rubers.

Best regards.
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 5:03am
Hi , i em interested in this blade and i would like to test it if possible.
So if typus is the last one who had it for test, he can send it to me if its ok.
Thank you.
typus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 1:04pm
Dears,

Blade is still in brand new condition ready for shipment, if owner and high rated members not have complaitns, I will send to mttgfg next week.

Best regrds,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic