FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

UV pimples and boosted inverted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UV pimples and boosted inverted
    Posted: 06/30/2013 at 6:48am
UV pimples and boosted inverted
 I made a bat up for a friend's by getting a sheet of Dawei 388D-1 and soaking in oil then sun drying for two days, 
then with the inverted I boosted some Globe 999 National with  some paraffin oil on the top sheet and one layer on the sponge then did two layers of seamoon onto the sponge
I will rest for 5 days as he has a major competition next week
 wish him luck
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Sponsored Links

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 7:15am
I think you are supposed to keep this a secret. I don't do funny stuff the rubbers as I have enough problems with my technique. So I'm a bit unclear on the protocols. 
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 7:42am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

I think you are supposed to keep this a secret. I don't do funny stuff the rubbers as I have enough problems with my technique. So I'm a bit unclear on the protocols. 
I thought it was normal not funny?

NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 9:14am
You haven't gone far enough.  I hear that Lance Armstrong is free these days and will offer advice on performance enhancing drugs.  Your friend should also carry a lead pipe to crack his opponent's knees (ALA Tonya Harding) in case they don't succumb to all the juicing.  No, you don't want to leave out anything in your friend's preparation in the major competition WinkTongue
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by NoFootwork NoFootwork wrote:

You haven't gone far enough.  I hear that Lance Armstrong is free these days and will offer advice on performance enhancing drugs.  Your friend should also carry a lead pipe to crack his opponent's knees (ALA Tonya Harding) in case they don't succumb to all the juicing.  No, you don't want to leave out anything in your friend's preparation in the major competition WinkTongue
so boosting is not normal, I don't get it

crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 6:02pm
UV light makes rubbers/sponge hard brittle and generally f**ks them up the arse
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 6:15pm
I have a sheet of 755 0X in the back window of my car and when the car is parked at work the car is pointed north so the back window is pointing south.  I have had this sheet of 755 0X in the back window for 2 months now. I don't notice any significant difference in the rubber.  The car does stink when it is really hot out.  I have to open the windows and air out the car when it is hot. Perhaps put the LP in a green house would work.

I do have access to some high intensity UV lamps.   It may 'age' the rubber faster IF the UV lamps are the right frequency.

So far I am not impressed with using UV to modify LPs.   I am not ready to say this myth is busted yet but so far I think this myth is just that.

I have used armor all on a sheet of Apollo I.  It did remove the tackiness and the grip but it didn't turn the Apollo into an Anti rubber.  The Armor All just ruined the Apollo.  I wouldn't use it.  The top sheet lost its grip but the sponge is too fast for a defensive rubber.

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by crackfst crackfst wrote:

UV light makes rubbers/sponge hard brittle and generally f**ks them up the arse
You maybe taking it up the wrong way, but what people do in their own homes... lol 

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

Originally posted by NoFootwork NoFootwork wrote:

so boosting is not normal, I don't get it

No, it's not normal. The technical term is cheating. Read the rules.
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 2:55am
some lps react to the sun some don`t so much,my 911 went orangey and is much slower and now semi frictionless but not brittle
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 5:59am
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

some lps react to the sun some don`t so much,my 911 went orangey and is much slower and now semi frictionless but not brittle
hmmm... Orangey, slower, semi-frictionless... and illegal.   
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 5:41pm
I have a sneaky feeling that Smackman is not seriousWink
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 7:41pm
After you soak the 388D-1 in oil, you shall pan fry it on a hot plate, not put it under the sun; do you think you are making sun dried tomato Confused
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 11:27pm
I have a sheet of 388D-1.  For long pips it is grippy.  I would start with something cheaper and with less grip.   The current heat wave is giving the 755 0X in the back window of my car lots of UV.   For some reason I don't smell the rubber any more.  Maybe it is 'done'.

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2013 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

I have a sheet of 388D-1.  For long pips it is grippy.  I would start with something cheaper and with less grip.   The current heat wave is giving the 755 0X in the back window of my car lots of UV.   For some reason I don't smell the rubber any more.  Maybe it is 'done'.

lol
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

I have a sneaky feeling that Smackman is not seriousWink

hmmm you got me pegged there, I was just trying to see if members thought boosting was perfectly ok but making long pips more friction-less was cheating
 but overall apart from Tassie and some others who think both changes are cheating ( well according to the rules he is correct) 
 I think most don't have any problem with either treatment and or want to suggest better methods lol
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 3:38am
You stirrer!OuchLOL You caught a few fish thoughBig smile How can we ever trust you again? Embarrassed
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

After you soak the 388D-1 in oil, you shall pan fry it on a hot plate, not put it under the sun; do you think you are making sun dried tomato Confused
This response is my personal favourite. Clap Clap Clap
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 9:33am
On a serious note, microwave at low power, like 2 of 10, for around 30min.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 9:33am
Over 3 they can melt
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic