Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake Viscaria or real Deal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: This Viscaria arrived today. Real deal of fake?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
26 [100.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake Viscaria or real Deal?
    Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:21pm
Today I received this Viscaria.

Edited by Timo1978 - 07/30/2013 at 1:28pm
Sponsored Links

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:33pm
The handle is off and the silver tag is not correct. The box is a generic one w/o the serial number.
The back plastic lens is not straight.

Who was the seller ?
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:46pm
it's fake.
the handle & neck area are way off. There's also something not quite right about the silver tag and also that J.T.T.A.A. stamp is way way diff. than those of my 2 orig. old & new Viscarias.
Where did you get/buy this?
Did you buy it here from some reg./famous/popular seller who always boasts to all that he has some cousins/relatives/families in China?
It's most probably from Taobao or BuyChina....

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:49pm
The seller was danroid, I think you already know his photos on flickr, he is "the friend" of
jimyolo.....I found the Picture of the viscaria already two weeks ago, but at that time the blade
was already pending.
So i had to decide at the custom to send it back or to let it deliver without the possibility to have a
look at it.
I decided not to send back just to make sure that it is a fake, so we can add danroid to the black-list.
I know for sure that there are other fake blades made by the same Producer in China,
blade models are AMULTART / MIZUTANI / BOLL SPIRIT and BOLL ALC and i saw he sold These models
to others before...Angry
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

it's fake.
the handle & neck area are way off. There's also something not quite right about the silver tag and also that J.T.T.A.A. stamp is way way diff. than those of my 2 orig. old & new Viscarias.
Did you buy it here from some reg./famous/popular seller who always boasts to all that he has some cousins/relatives/families in China?

The J.T.T.A.A. is not stamped, it is stitchedSmile 
The Silver Tag is also Little wrong with shape...
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Timo1978 Timo1978 wrote:

Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

it's fake.

The J.T.T.A.A. is not stamped, it is stitchedSmile 
The Silver Tag is also Little wrong with shape...

The texture of the silver tag is not correct.  Should be smooth, not bumpy.

Gauguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gauguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 2:02pm
Fake Viscaria at $ 50 bucks at Buy China:

http://www.buychina.com/products/15564773677

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 2:26pm
This is already for sale, so pay Attention:

danroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
  Quote danroid Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: Timo Boll Spirit-$108
    Posted: 22/07/2013 at 12:51pm
Have for sell Near New TBS FL @89grams.
Very new with box, used for few sessions only, no chip or damage nor sweetspots.
glued twice.

Price is $108 incl shipping.

Interested? PM me,

thanks
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 4:42pm
I warned imago the moderator that danroid was selling fake product, his zjk blade was obviously fake too
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 5:38pm
I was warned before by other members that the probability he was a scammer was real and pretty high; we have now enough evidence to get rid of him; I'll ban him temporarily until all mods decide this is a permaban.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I was warned before by other members that the probability he was a scammer was real and pretty high; we have now enough evidence to get rid of him; I'll ban him temporarily until all mods decide this is a permaban.

that go for "jimyolo" too.

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 5:49pm
I am glad to hear that the passing Viscaria helped out to proof that he is selling fakes.
Looking at the Way he acted i am sure he knew that it was a plagiat...
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Timo1978 Timo1978 wrote:

I am glad to hear that the passing Viscaria helped out to proof that he is selling fakes.
Looking at the Way he acted i am sure he knew that it was a plagiat...

Both "danroid" and "jimyolo" knew they were selling fakes.

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2013 at 6:08pm
btw jimyolo was banned temporarily until final verdict by all mods. thanks to our gate keepers who keep both eyes open to chase the fake sellers.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 12:05am
mine's pretty old so i can't remember clearly, but was the handle ever blue? lol
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 3:38am
Hello friends,

please have a look at this item, I am pretty sure the guy just sold the same fake Viscaria here:

The seller sold one of it before at a very high price, the pictures imo make it clear 100%:

And I think this wasn´t the last time. After your opinions/confirmation I will send an email to the buyer of the elder auction to tell him he was cheated (he already left feedback so I can contact him).
The same for the second item after the buyer left feedback.

Horrible.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 3:47am
it is obvious a fake, good job with notifying it Chris.  I too did that once on ebay, where  I contacted ebay to report a fake item being sold... shame on these scammers
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 4:31am
Dirty f....g scammers !!!!
I might have been caught by this crooks !!!!!
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 4:36am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

it is obvious a fake, good job with notifying it Chris.  I too did that once on ebay, where  I contacted ebay to report a fake item being sold... shame on these scammers

Thanks Cong! I have just contacted ebay and also the first buyer. 
There is always a little chance that a seller does not know that he owns/sells a fake Viscaria. But in this case it is obvious the guy is cheating.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 4:39am
It is a fake,sure. The form and colour of the handle looks very strange.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Hello friends,

please have a look at this item, I am pretty sure the guy just sold the same fake Viscaria here:

The seller sold one of it before at a very high price, the pictures imo make it clear 100%:

And I think this wasn´t the last time. After your opinions/confirmation I will send an email to the buyer of the elder auction to tell him he was cheated (he already left feedback so I can contact him).
The same for the second item after the buyer left feedback.

Horrible.

The first one is unclear,  need more pics of the handle and tag.

The second is a fake for sure. Handle is a dead give away.

emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 12:26pm
just from looking at the neck, handle and shape looks way off...sorry, but i think it is likely to be fake
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2013 at 6:04pm
There are 2 wood plies over the arylate/carbon layer. Real Viscaria should only have 1.

I think I understand why butterfly wants to discontinue Viscaria since there are too many fakes on the market. ...But they can't cuz ZJK is in love with his.
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2013 at 12:44am
I'm glad I didn't buy the blade from Danroid  and his friend on ttdaily... I had doubts.

Sorry somebody had to buy it to realise it was a fake.

Danroid and his mate Amultart also sell blades and sought after DHS rubbers (prov, nat, BS) on ttdaily
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Thanks Cong! I have just contacted ebay and also the first buyer. 
There is always a little chance that a seller does not know that he owns/sells a fake Viscaria. But in this case it is obvious the guy is cheating.

As far as I can see now the seller sold at least three of the fake Viscarias on german Ebay:

No.1:

No.2:

No.3:

One of the buyers already sells his fake Viscaria:

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 5:28pm
the easier way to ID a real one is to match the serial number on the blade with the box. if it's not the original box, then you need to do some homework.

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2013 at 5:35pm
I pm' ed the reseller yesterday and asked
for serialnumbers on box and blade, got very
nice reply "there are so many numbers and
japanese letters at the box i do Not know what you mean!😇
I answered how 2 compare-no more reply-
Regarding the provided pictures in offer he
placed the box for his advantage-the seller
knows it is fake👹
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 4:35am
Thanks Timo - in that case we had success. For two days the seller did not show the slightest inclination to end the auction. Now Ebay took it out.
But I guess it is only a question of time until the next one appears.
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 4:45am
Glad I went on vacation, I just answered his pm about him offering me one.
Promised I would buy one from him after I came back.
Now I read this and no money will be invested!

Thanks
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 7:40am
Hi guys,

I am the one who bought one Viscaria FL on TTDaily. I just recently read all the threads about counterfeit Viscaria FL's there has been posted here lately.

This is the thread I am referring to

http://mytt.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61704&KW=&PID=734694&title=sold#734694

I haven't received the blade yet and do not really know what to do.

Here are the pics he showed me

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98960235@N03/

I think he is indeed the same person.

Help me out guys.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic