Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake Viscaria or real Deal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: This Viscaria arrived today. Real deal of fake?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
26 [100.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 8:02am
They are not the same person, but they are friends and both scammers.
You will receive the same Viscaria that I got before!
Did you pay with paypal and gift option?
You can either let the Viscaria pass or reject receipt.
Sponsored Links

Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 8:16am
Right that makes sense!
Did you send the one you got back?
Unfortunately I payed paypal with gift option yes.

If I let it pass or reject reception how will I get my money back then?
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 8:52am

Is your paypal account linked with your credit card? If so i would call my bank and freeze the paypal transaction if it is possible. If you reject receipt, you cannot clearly say that the Viscaria was a fake, it is just supposing then but no proof. You need to check what will happen with the package in case you want to reject (costs etc.) If it goes back to the scammer i think you will have to pay the costs for return. In addition there is the risk that the return package gets "lost".

If the custom will recognize the Viscaria is a fake in Denmark I think they will not let it go, but
i do not think they are able to recognize it because they have less knowledge about that stuff.
I think it does not matter if 20 members have the opinion it is a fake, to be 100% sure about it Butterfly must check it and examinate the blade. If Butterfly reports that the blade is a fake
then it is finally official and proven....I would contact Butterfly if i decided to receive the package.
You have the advantage at the moment that the blade has not arrived yet. So try to contact butterfly  and ask your questions.....Maybe our "older" members have some suggestions for you, too.
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 9:12am
Yeah my paypal account is linked to my credit card. I could try to freeze the transaction, but you are right about not knowing if the blade is 100%  a counterfeit when I haven't seen the blade physically.

But something is fishy because the guy who is dealing on TTD send me the same pictures that jimyolo did.

every time I tell him I will check the serial number or where the blade was bought he avoids answering my questions.  

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 9:25am
What is his nickname at tt.daily? Maybe he also reregistered here with the same nick....
bumpernets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 10:30am
If you guys ever need pictures of the box and blade of genuine Butterfly blades, just let me know and I will do my best to get one and get some pictures posted.

BumperNets
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 10:45am
Thanks for your kind offer. Regarding my experience with Viscaria i am cured from the Viscaria at the moment....Wacko

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:20am
That would cure my desire for one as well.  I guess the old saying "If it is too good to be true..."  I am sorry that the shipping from the US to Germany is so high.  I stay frustrated at the shipping costs from the US to pretty much anywhere.  If you look on eBay, there are many items for less than $2 including shipping to the US from China.  I can't even ship those items to my next door neighbor for $2.  The USPS gives great deals to countries shipping to the US, but we get screwed as soon as we try to export some goods.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Giangt Giangt wrote:

Hi guys,

I am the one who bought one Viscaria FL on TTDaily. I just recently read all the threads about counterfeit Viscaria FL's there has been posted here lately.

This is the thread I am referring to

http://mytt.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61704&KW=&PID=734694&title=sold#734694

I haven't received the blade yet and do not really know what to do.

Here are the pics he showed me

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98960235@N03/

I think he is indeed the same person.

Help me out guys.

Thanks

It's the generic blue Butterfly box, not a good sign.  Need a pic of the silver badge.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:26am

Yeah my paypal account is linked to my credit card. I could try to freeze the transaction, but you are right about not knowing if the blade is 100%  a counterfeit when I haven't seen the blade physically.

But something is fishy because the guy who is dealing on TTD send me the same pictures that jimyolo did.

every time I tell him I will check the serial number or where the blade was bought he avoids answering my questions.  

I don't understand why people still buy the item with all the warning signs. Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:29am
Speaking as a dealer of Butterfly products.  There is not very much margin on these blades.  When I sell one, I make about $20.  If someone is selling a blade for more than $20 off of the retail price, you can be pretty much assured that it is fake.  Also, if someone is selling a blade that is EXTREMELY underproduced for below full price, you can be pretty much assured that it is a fake.  I sold 5 Viscaria at full price on here in 30 minutes.  Why would someone sell a Viscaria below full price unless it is fake?
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:34am
Originally posted by bumpernets bumpernets wrote:

That would cure my desire for one as well.  I guess the old saying "If it is too good to be true..."  I am sorry that the shipping from the US to Germany is so high.  I stay frustrated at the shipping costs from the US to pretty much anywhere.  If you look on eBay, there are many items for less than $2 including shipping to the US from China.  I can't even ship those items to my next door neighbor for $2.  The USPS gives great deals to countries shipping to the US, but we get screwed as soon as we try to export some goods.

It is not only the shipping costs-also you have to add custom taxes and fees which is about 21,7% in Germany of the buying Price and shipping-Maybe America and EU will sign a trade contract in future, it would be good for seller and buyer of tt-items....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:37am
That is good to know.  I don't think we have to pay any extra fees here.  Germany probably has to do that in order to protect their manufacturing industry.  You guys have some pretty high quality manufacturing over there...Porsche, Butterfly Table Tennis Tables, everything else of good quality.Big smile
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

I don't understand why people still buy the item with all the warning signs. Confused

You are completly right, maybe everybody has to be scammed and needs to fall to the ground to get much wiser. I think here are many members including also the "old" members that at least made one bad experience some years ago.
Not everybody has the experience of years, so i think it seems to be a learning process...
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:41am

That is good to know.  I don't think we have to pay any extra fees here.  Germany probably has to do that in order to protect their manufacturing industry.  You guys have some pretty high quality manufacturing over there...Porsche, Butterfly Table Tennis Tables, everything else of good quality.Big smile

also the many, many vacation days...LOL

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Timo1978 Timo1978 wrote:

You are completly right, maybe everybody has to be scammed and needs to fall to the ground to get much wiser. I think here are many members including also the "old" members that at least made one bad experience some years ago.
Not everybody has the experience of years, so i think it seems to be a learning process...

Buyers need to ask the right questions, if the seller do not answer them directly. Then it's a no-go.

Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:43am

What is his nickname at tt.daily? Maybe he also reregistered here with the same nick....

Well his name is "amultart" on TTD... I already checked if he was registered here but I don't think so.

It's the generic blue Butterfly box, not a good sign.  Need a pic of the silver badge.

I haven't got the blade physically so I can check it. I just found out today that something was fishy since I read the threads about fake Viscarias if I knew I would of cause not have bought one. I afterwards asked him about this issue and he answered me quite incomplete.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 11:56am

also the many, many vacation days...LOL

True.  I don't have so many vacation days, but my currency does have MY past presidents on it. LOL.
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 12:06pm
Your presidents look nicer than our head of state....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 12:25pm
Whoa...that guy is pretty ugly.
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:11pm
@ bumpernets: I think you saw a Picture of the president, the Boss is the chancellor and that is a female
named Merkel. Do not be too enthusiastic towards our "so called premium car Producers" in Germany
Manufactoring Quality lowered due to worser steel compared the ones they used 20 years ago. It is very fast corriding now. Dead

@jt99fs: Yes we have many Holidays in Germany, that is right. But if you do not want to work much days in a year you must become a teacher. What a pity i chose the wrong Profession...now it is too late to Change

@Giangt: I saw the Nick "amultart" before but i do not know if it was ttdaily or another Forum.
Scammers always try to return
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

I'm glad I didn't buy the blade from Danroid  and his friend on ttdaily... I had doubts.

Sorry somebody had to buy it to realise it was a fake.

Danroid and his mate Amultart also sell blades and sought after DHS rubbers (prov, nat, BS) on ttdaily

@Timo1978: Olio mentioned him earlier in this thread. I don't think there is any way that I will my money back :( I doubt they will give me a refund.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:26pm

Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

I'm glad I didn't buy the blade from Danroid  and his friend on ttdaily... I had doubts.

Sorry somebody had to buy it to realise it was a fake.

Danroid and his mate Amultart also sell blades and sought after DHS rubbers (prov, nat, BS) on ttdaily

@Timo1978: Olio mentioned him earlier in this thread. I don't think there is any way that I will my money back :( I doubt they will give me a refund.

If you used your credit card for this transaction, you should have some recourse/protection from the credit card company.  If paypal gift, tough road ahead. 

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:28pm
With using gift Option it is very difficult to get refund, right.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:31pm

Yes,  I was lucky once to get my money back from 'gift'.  But I'd have more confidence using my credit card.  I only use 'gift' with people I know very well.

Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:37pm

Yes,  I was lucky once to get my money back from 'gift'.  But I'd have more confidence using my credit card.  I only use 'gift' with people I know very well.

I prefer "purchase" option with paypal. You can get your money back if there is a problem. But you have to pay 4% for taxes.
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Antuan Antuan wrote:

I prefer "purchase" option with paypal. You can get your money back if there is a problem. But you have to pay 4% for taxes.

You are right, Antuan. I always use it. I pay for an item so it is my right to select to pay 4% in Addition.
If the seller rejects using this Option, i do not buy anything at all.
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 2:43pm
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 2:51pm

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?5113-FS-Butterfly-blades-at-special-price-TBS-ALC-more!

That was the offer of the scammer!!!

ALWAYS ask for pics.

Maxwku View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxwku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2013 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

it's fake.
the handle & neck area are way off. There's also something not quite right about the silver tag and also that J.T.T.A.A. stamp is way way diff. than those of my 2 orig. old & new Viscarias.
Where did you get/buy this?
Did you buy it here from some reg./famous/popular seller who always boasts to all that he has some cousins/relatives/families in China?
It's most probably from Taobao or BuyChina....

The J.T.T.A.A. is not stamped, it is stitchedSmile 
The Silver Tag is also Little wrong with shape...

The texture of the silver tag is not correct.  Should be smooth, not bumpy.
My Butterfly Petr Kirbel FL bald has a "bumpy" butterfly silver tag.  above blade may be a fake but the smooth butterfly silver tag I can attest isn't a problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic