Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Viscaria VS Timo Boll ALC VS Zetro quad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pizzaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pizzaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria VS Timo Boll ALC VS Zetro quad
    Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:50pm
Hello.

They.re all good blades.
Please help me chosr what is the best blade or what is better out of those 3.
I am a close to mid looper.
Some suggestions on how they play and what I dhould use will be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 12:50am
I've never tried Zetro Q, but the first two are used by many top players in the world and are designed for pretty much the same style of play (the way you play) and you can't go wrong with either one.  There are tons of threads comparing the two.  Best option is hit with them if you know anyone who uses one, or try to at least see which one feels better in your hand.  Viscaria is hard to find these days.  I like Viscaria better, but would use TB-ALC or possibly the new ZJK ALC (haven't tried it yet) if I had to use something else. They do something to the top ply of these newer Btfly blades to make it harder and shinier (UV light?).   Xiom blades are very high quality, probably the Stradivarius is more similar to these two Btfly blades (based on materials used).  It is pretty good, tends to be a bit lighter.  I still prefer the Btfly blades to the Strad at least, but only by a little bit, probably based on weight preference.   
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 2:20am
Zetro Quad is a great blade but i would not recommend it unless you can find one on the lighter end like 86g. ZQ has great feel and not as fast as it is advertised. good for looping etc.

Viscaria and TB ALC to me are so similar i would only say that the biggest difference between them would be the handle and weight variation. The Koto top ply ALC blades have a hardish feel but not terribly fast and produce nice loops. if i had to recommend which one you go with, go with the BTY ALC blade.

Xiom Stradivarius is also very good, similar to the ALC blades. ZQ is also quite thick if you are used to blades around 5.7mm thick.

RSM Special Platinum T64
pizzaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pizzaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 4:11am
Thankyou very much for your suggestions.
But the thing now is. Should I take the viscaria or the ALC?
Really need recommendations on this.

Btw would it work if I get a ZQ first. And if I want an upgrade I just go for the vis or alc?

Thanks
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 4:46am
Good advice above about the BTY blades. Nothing to add.

The ZQ is a really different blade. Thick, soft, heavier. Incredible for looping, slower in touch shots than th. BTYs. Mushy feel with soft sponges, and generally less precise with drives, blocks and smashes.

I would say that liking ZQ depends on your style (and perhaps rubber selection), whereas the BTY options are a safer middle ground and suit a wide spectrum of players
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
batt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 6:03am
Originally posted by pizzaman pizzaman wrote:

Thankyou very much for your suggestions.
But the thing now is. Should I take the viscaria or the ALC?
Really need recommendations on this.

Btw would it work if I get a ZQ first. And if I want an upgrade I just go for the vis or alc?

Thanks

Get the TB ALC. As Baal said, Viscaria is hard to find. 
harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 9:27am
When I talked to a blade expert recently he told me that Spirit is quite different wrt weight and series, so comparisons may be risky.

I owned a ZQ and did try out TB ALC. Based on that I would say ZQ has more rebound, less dwell  and is less controlled. Also, compared to TB ALC, almost no vibration. A nice blade for the very talented player. 
straits85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straits85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 10:41am
I personally can not see any difference between Viscaria & TBS Unhappy
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 10:55am
No difference apart from handle..
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by straits85 straits85 wrote:

I personally can not see any difference between Viscaria & TBS Unhappy

Not sure I could do it with a blindfold even with the slight difference in the handle.  (Except of course that I wouldn't be able to hit the ball with a blindfold).
straits85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straits85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 12:49pm
Ouf !
I am not alone Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic