FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: victas V>01 Stiff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: victas V>01 Stiff
    Posted: 09/01/2013 at 5:26am
Who played with this rubber please write a review here. As compared to Victas V>01 Limber?
Specifications    Victas V>01 Stiff / Victas V>01 Limber
Speed                     112                     110
Control                     91                      93
Spin                        107                     107
Hardness              medium+               soft-
Characeristics        OFF+                    OFF

Edited by Johnny Erasure - 09/01/2013 at 11:10am
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2013 at 3:38am
No one has played with these rubbers?
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 3:43pm
No one tried rubbers Victas Stiff?
            BH Dignics 05
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 4:27pm
There is a thread about that rubber in a German forum. I am not sure if you know German but if not you could use google to translate it; better than no answer at all.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

There is a thread about that rubber in a German forum. I am not sure if you know German but if not you could use google to translate it; better than no answer at all.

Thanks Dr. Matthias but I don't understand technical terms. So it would be very welcome translation from someone in Germany.
            BH Dignics 05
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 6:13pm
The bizarre name of the rubber does not exactly inspire people to try it, does it? LOL
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

Thanks Dr. Matthias but I don't understand technical terms. So it would be very welcome translation from someone in Germany.
Do you have some specific questions that I could try to answer based on that thread? Nobody in the thread compares the stiff to the limber by the way and the general consensus is that it is somewhat between the Evo MX-P and the EL-P with a harder topsheet than the regular V01.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 8:56pm

OK, I used Google Translate and I get this:
"Topspin: For me, as a lover of harder rubber surface very very horny!"

Big smile
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

The German word for "horny" is also used in the sense of "awesome" which is what is meant here. I am obviously not going to translate the whole thread but if you have specific question, please ask. I have used google translator to translate stuff from French or Italian forums and I was able to least to get most of it. And yes, sometimes you do get funny expressions. LOL 

My Feedback
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

Big smile

I sent the link to my ex-girlfriend in Berlin. Here is her response:

"I have no interest in your rubbers anymore."
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2013 at 8:27am
What I want to know is how is the angle throw and how sensitive is the spin that comes from the opponent. How's that rubber hardness and length of trajectory? All these features compared to Victas V> 01 and Victas Limber.
            BH Dignics 05
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

What I want to know is how is the angle throw and how sensitive is the spin that comes from the opponent. How's that rubber hardness and length of trajectory? All these features compared to Victas V> 01 and Victas Limber.
Johnny, as I pointed out above nobody in the German thread actually compared the V01 to the Limber so I cannot comment on that. People are saying that the V01 is between the MX-P (which is harder) and the EL-P (which is softer). The throw angle is lower than EL-P and is described as not too high but not as low as Chinese rubbers. There are no comments to spin sensitivity, however somebody mentioned that blocking was easy and serve return was easy and controlled.

My Feedback
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 2:20am
Meanwhile is someone who has played with this rubber? Please post a review here.
            BH Dignics 05
Deadly Serves View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadly Serves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 1:00pm
Hi all I'm new on this forum and took some time to answer on this topic :)

I tested both the Victas V > 01 and the stiff version of it.
I think I will keep these rubbers forever.

Differences between the normal and the stiff version:
- Stiff has a bit HARDER upper layer, BUT the sponge beneath is a bit SOFTER then the normal one and the holes in the pores are a bit smaller from the stiff (this partly makes it a bit heavier rubber then the normal Victas V > 01 I guess).
- Uncut the stiff weighs 102 grams compared to 92 grams for the normal Victas V > 01
- Feeling: stiff feels bit harder then the normal one and is less bouncy
- Normal Victas V > 01 is a tad faster then the stiff one and has a bit less effect
- Throw angle of the stiff is bit lower as the normal one, medium throw angle for stiff and medium+ for the normal let's say
- The normal is almost non-tacky, the stiff is a bit tacky till almost normal tacky

What I noticed:
I play the normal Victas V > 01 in 2,0 mm on my forehand and I have the stiff in 1,8 mm on my backhand. Tested both of them on bh and fh and I concluded that the stiff is definitly more suited for backhand and the normal Victas V > 01 is more suited for fh.
Why? I can't chop with the normal victas on my backhand, quite much effect, but not such good control, with the stiff I don't have this problem and it's the perfect rubber to chop, block, smash and counterspin. The stiff on my forehand is a bit to slow to give that little extra speed in my spin balls, here the normal Victas V > 01 lays me better.

My blade is a Timo Boll ALC flared 86 grams, it is a good combi with these rubbers (very well balanced in weight).

Conclusion: I played with Tenergy 64, Xiom Omega V Europe, Sigma II Europe and Stiga Calibra LT Spin before on bh and fh, but non of them gave me so much control as these 2 Victas, the feeling I had when I spinned, smashed, doesn't matter, was just way better then every rubber I played with before. It has enough speed and spin, like any other rubber I tried before, but now I feel I just got more control with these rubbers (I know it sounds weird cause more speed is normally less control). It is just the feeling I have, I can feel the ball so good and when I play in it's just way easier to keep the ball on the table, I make way less mistakes then before ^^ I can spin, chop and smash now with the feeling that I will hit the ball on the table and without any bad feeling in control, I just play more confident with Victas and make points that I couldn't make with other rubbers. To me these 2 rubbers play a bit like Tenergy 64, except they are less heavy and are easier to control.

P.S.: I sended 2 German Victas users (of that German forum post about Victas you talked about here) both a PM with the question wich they prefer on fh and bh, they both preferred stiff on bh and the normal Victas V > 01 on fh, just like I do. Although I tested the stiff on my forehand to but it's not my kind of thing, so you should try this combination: stiff bh, normal fh.

Greetings
Steven

Edited by Deadly Serves - 11/28/2014 at 4:24am
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadly Serves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 1:43pm
Note: these are the numbers I got from a manufacter I personally know, speed/spin/control/hardness:
Victas V > 01            114 /  110 /  83 /  47,5
Victas V > 01 Limber 110 /  111 /  85 /  40
Victas V > 01 Stiff     112 /  111 /  84 /  45

Edited by Deadly Serves - 11/27/2014 at 1:46pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 3:31pm
Since expect this review, better late than never. Thanks @Deadly Serves.
            BH Dignics 05
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadly Serves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 4:18am
True :) np.
Will you try it or will you stay with the rubbers you got now?

Greetz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Deadly Serves Deadly Serves wrote:

True :) np.
Will you try it or will you stay with the rubbers you got now?

Greetz
I will play with Victas V>01 Limber, max on FH and 2.0 on BH and another setup is with Tenergy 80fx rubbers.
            BH Dignics 05
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2015 at 5:05pm
Hi,
I stumbled on this thread, so let me add some information, perhaps someone still help? 
About a year ago I wrote an email that a friend has discovered a new fantastic Eraser Victas Stiff. Michael Maze in combination carbon + Victas Stiff 2.0 mm = fantastic combination. I wrote him that I once heard this? He insisted that I must try, otherwise I don't know what's coming. So I ordered a Stiff 2.0 mm and Max version and stuck in the Maze.The combination worked really well, especially at the table. The condition was that each blow was played with very accurately and correctly tightened until the end, then, the reward was the lament of teammates and his desperate expression on his face. For me personally it was too strict, I soon left behind the desk and soul. Stiff I put on Timo Boll ALC and it was far, far better for my style of play. 
Victas Stiff 2.0 mm on the Backhand: Amazing control block who spin, not too much on the rotation, a short game with a high control, good contrast and submission. The only thing I had a problem, so the opening submissions. At first, I increased the Catapult spending enough, but then I adjusted the slope and it fell on the table.
On the Forehand side of the Stiff Max in excellent topspin. So far I have not found a better combination for me, that would be so easily could take place was so forgiving and topspin.
 Rubber has a slightly softer surface, hold the ball a little longer and it is exactly what you will forgive even the bad position. I think that this combination may appeal to those who prefer the game on the accuracy and certainty. Let us not forget, however, that it is still very rapid setting Off +, but with excellent control. It's me in the great Hall power enjoyed and I was very excited. When I returned to our room, so I was 20 cm table and I had to postpone it. Unhappy The whole combination took me to my other friend whom I'm knocked out of the tournament, and he still plays with it.

W.

Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

Zo k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zo k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 5:46am
I play Stiff Max on FH Unicut rubber is cca 67-68g (cant remember) in medium weight range Angle is medium to medium-low Trajectory is specific for me When you make topspin ball goes short after the net Spin is strong It grabbin ball with easy Best feature is easy and effective FH flicks on short serves Best rubber for that i ever have Try it on BH and cant play comfortably because i need longer trajectory there and a lttle less in-built tension
Really good rubber for agressive power spin on FH
OSP Ultimate 3 CRW ST
Victas V>01 Limber max
Victas V>01 Limber 2.0
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 1:42am
Nobody likes victas? V>15?
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 10:10pm
Are you sure about the weight?  102g seems incredibly heavy for a rubber sheet.  I have input from somewhere else that it comes in more like 67g uncut in 2.0 mm.Shocked
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
FH: Xiom Omega IV Elite
BH: Xiom Omega VI Europe
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 10:11pm
Has anybody compared Victas V>01 Stiff to Adidas P7?
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
FH: Xiom Omega IV Elite
BH: Xiom Omega VI Europe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic