FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Coming soon! Nittaku Acoustic Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 3:41am
what mean 1 gear blade? could please be more specifik
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Sponsored Links

geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 3:44am
I think he wanted yo show that the blade is very linear.
Where the result/speed is as what you give.
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

is it vastly superior than the rossi emotion?

Not at all. Rossi Emotion is still one of my favorite and certainly my number one choice if price/quality ratio involved.
I just wanted to say that Nittaku obviously took a great care making that blade and since acoustic was one of the best 5 ply blades of his time, acoustic carbon is also aimed to be one of the best 5w+2c blade for the next few years.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

what mean 1 gear blade? could please be more specifik

Same speed for short game, service and rallies. Some blades are very "slow" and controllable when playing pushes and drop shots and then become very fast when looping and driving (Arirang, lissom) and some always give same linear response, safe and no surprise. This one does.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 11:02am
Thanks
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 12:24pm

Same speed for short game, service and rallies. Some blades are very "slow" and controllable when playing pushes and drop shots and then become very fast when looping and driving (Arirang, lissom) and some always give same linear response, safe and no surprise. This one does.
[/QUOTE]

do you mean NAC has one speed for all shots or variable depending on the force applied?
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 12:29pm
this is common to all blades.
if you hit a ball really soft the resulting ball is quite slow.
if you hit a strong power loop the resulting ball is faster.

I've never met a blade that when hitting a strong power loop was slow and when hitting a push in the short game was really fast. not sure that's physically possible LOL
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 6:00am
Any further review on this one?
rkristia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkristia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2014 at 11:22am
From latest training session with this blade,
(FH drive multiball, backspin ball FH brush-looping, backhand topspin) still using the same rubber setup (H3NT50 FH - Tenergy80 BH)

FH/BH drive medium range (not too far from the edge of the table): I still can say the vibration is little to none. Hard and stiff but yet IMO the speed is medium+, compared to BTY Amultart (which I categorized as fast+). My coach also voiced the same thing.

Note:  Haven't tried Nittaku Acoustic yet so I can't compare how big the speed increase upgrade from Acoustic to Acoustic Carbon.

FH topspin drive far-distance (about >40cm from the edge of the table) : I believe that far from table distance playstyle when using Nittaku Acoustic Carbon is to conserve power by not keep going for topspin drive - counter topspin rallies!
(Sounds good to me, since I can focus more on ball placement rather than all-out power)

Cheers

andrei2412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrei2412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 1:03pm
Head heavy blades specially with tenergy 05 rubbers. Normal flared handle feels to slim. First impression not as i thought it would be.  I Prefer Violin in terms of feel and spin but still head heavy or front heavy  as we say. Maybe problem with balance etc.Both Acoustic and Violin weighed 88g. I ordered new blades with L large handle and hopefully balance point can go back due to a handle been larger. Nice blades but on the slowish side for my liking. Luck of spin compare to Timo Boll ALC.

Edited by andrei2412 - 03/02/2014 at 1:04pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 1:30pm

maybe the thread owner or an administrator could remove the "coming soon" from the thread title?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2014 at 7:44pm
Acoustic Carbon LG (Large Grip) is being released on May 21.

Join the Nexy Clan!
chituan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chituan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 7:11pm
I got my acoustic carbon (AC) 89gr today from ttjapan and played with it. Coming from  normal acoustic (NA) L handle, I have to use grip tape because the AC is too head heavy with 2 t05 and a small handle. I didnt feel any loss in feeling with the grip tape though. I actually prefer the balance after grip taped. It is still head heavy but not too much. Unlike the NA L Handle, too balanced and hence not enough power. The AC is also much more powerful and deadly than the normal acoustic but with much more feeling than TB ALC 90gr that I have (yes the hide glue feeling of normal acoustic is still there!). Will be sticking with it for a while :)

Edited by chituan - 03/25/2014 at 7:13pm
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 7:27pm
Great! hope to hear a quick review from you soon.. 

Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2014 at 8:50pm
I wonder if later on there will be Violin Carbon as well...
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 1:55am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

I wonder if later on there will be Violin Carbon as well...
There will, but Nittaku would not tell me when: see my post on page 1.
Join the Nexy Clan!
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 5:01am
I believe many players will buy Violin Carbon.
When nittaku decide to release it.

BTW out of topic i saw Contra.de Have the new rubbers of Stiga -available and ready to be ordered.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2014 at 6:38am
Just recieved nittaku accoustic carbon
The setup is FH Nittaku Hurricane 3 Pro and BH Xiom sigma 2 Euro
This was my first time using hurricane series, let alone Nittaku rubbers.
I've only come with few composite blades on the past such as Innerforce ZLF, photino, Sardius, Gergely 21, Iolite, Schlager, and schlager light. But almost 1 year i've switched to wood blades.
In overall this was the best feel of composite blades out there that i've tried before. 

Speed was about 9/10 i think its in between IF ZLF and Photino speed range
Control was good(this is sort of biased cos I don't really now what control is because it was very subjective and hardly able to differentiate with gears)
Feel I would score 8/10 where accoustic, violin, and OSP Virtuoso would be 10.

In terms of playing
Push: I found pushing were very easy on both sides

Blocking : This setup really excels in blocking

Smashing : Its really good with this one, even better than my current setup in terms of consistency

I'm not really good at reviewing, but after around 20 blades that i've bought this one really is the best one and I will keep it for at least a year.

MonkeyDDragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonkeyDDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2014 at 3:33am
for those who bought a acoustic carbon, did use seal it?
eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2014 at 3:58am
great blade , but is not so fast... :(
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2014 at 8:18pm
I asked tt11 to lightly seal it.
mion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2014 at 2:06pm
What could you say about acoustic carbon vs Tenor?
Speed, control and feel...
mion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2014 at 7:27am
Originally posted by mion mion wrote:

What could you say about acoustic carbon vs Tenor?
Speed, control and feel...

Somebody?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by chituan chituan wrote:

I got my acoustic carbon (AC) 89gr today from ttjapan and played with it. Coming from  normal acoustic (NA) L handle, I have to use grip tape because the AC is too head heavy with 2 t05 and a small handle. I didnt feel any loss in feeling with the grip tape though. I actually prefer the balance after grip taped. It is still head heavy but not too much. Unlike the NA L Handle, too balanced and hence not enough power. The AC is also much more powerful and deadly than the normal acoustic but with much more feeling than TB ALC 90gr that I have (yes the hide glue feeling of normal acoustic is still there!). Will be sticking with it for a while :)

TOP SECRET
try a workout rubber band to wrap it over the handle before wrapping your grip tape. stretch it tight so it grips hard on the handle, but tight enough it won't snap while you play. Big smile

in my case, it added up more control and touch feel to the blade. the rubber band somehow added cleaner definition of the vibrations and transfers a better clarity onto my palm.. plus you can calibrate how much touch feel you want by adjusting how tight it is on the handle, and thin enough for better power transfer. then, I've used another real soft, real thin band over it so it won't be too grippy on my grip.

I highly recommend it.. definitely much better than any commercial grip tape. Thumbs Up

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 05/07/2014 at 4:46pm
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

I ordered griptape to see if that works on the handle, if that doesn't feel comfortable ill just play with this thandle since I was used to a normal acoustic as well.

pls. see my post just ahead ... up Thumbs Up

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 05/07/2014 at 4:35pm
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
mion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 9:56am
Is AC noticeable faster then Viscaria? How you could compare between them?
brinta View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brinta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2014 at 8:31am
Just received my all new Nittaku Accoustic Carbon from Tabletennis11 in perfect shape :)
Specs:
  • Blade: Nittaku Accoustic Carbon 
  • FH: DHS Hurricane III 2.1 
  • BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8 
Currently playing with Butterfly Mazunov, Joola Samba NTec 2.0 and 1.8
As I didn't had the time to play with it yet I'll try to post a review later this week/early next week.

People from Tabletennis 11 where so kind to also add some extra balls and additional side protecting tape for free. 

However I have already added some pictures:

Edited by brinta - 05/13/2014 at 8:33am
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2014 at 10:20am
You are welcome! 
Enjoy your new Nittaku Acoustic Carbon
Looking forward to read your review.
:)
PS. If you wish then you can also leave us a testimonial:

TT11 team

Originally posted by brinta brinta wrote:

Just received my all new Nittaku Accoustic Carbon from Tabletennis11 in perfect shape :)
Specs:
  • Blade: Nittaku Accoustic Carbon 
  • FH: DHS Hurricane III 2.1 
  • BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.8 
Currently playing with Butterfly Mazunov, Joola Samba NTec 2.0 and 1.8
As I didn't had the time to play with it yet I'll try to post a review later this week/early next week.

People from Tabletennis 11 where so kind to also add some extra balls and additional side protecting tape for free. 

However I have already added some pictures:

Edited by tabletennis11 - 05/17/2014 at 10:22am
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 10:43am

A happy birthday gift from my girlfriend. [IMG]smileys/smiley40.gif" alt="Party" title="Party
A 90g NAC with a typical carbon "ping" sound seem a bit head heavy.
Handle is a bit larger and more comfy than the original one.
Put an old hexer HD and try some spin test and speed test. (about 5 min)

I would give 8.5 on BTY scale
maybe it's a control oriented carbon blade.
Yes it go very linear you get what you gave.
Good spin so far on serve and topspin.
On the process of lacquering, more review soon

Edited by Crowsfeather - 07/13/2014 at 8:56pm
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by MonkeyDDragon MonkeyDDragon wrote:

for those who bought a acoustic carbon, did use seal it?

I sealed it using Nittaku Racket Protect. I like it because it leaves behind a very thin coat of wax like coating, so not to disturb the feeling of the top wood ply. When coated both sides, edges and the handle, it adds about 1-2 grams of weight. And if re-rubbering, assess if it needs to be reapplied.

I have been using the Racket Protect for all my blades. Been great, except for this one time when I was pealing the rubber in a hurry and going the wrong way (bottom to up), the correct way is sideways against the grain (e.g. left to right).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic