Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fan Zhendong's paddle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TTeveryday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTeveryday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2013 at 8:09pm
Anyone know what rubbers he uses?
Sponsored Links

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2013 at 8:16pm
Probably some sort of National version Hurricane Blue Sponge FH and TENERGY BH (I'm just guessing it's 05)
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2013 at 8:18pm
According to a Chinese web site, he is using a Stiga Infinity V blade, FH is DHS Hurricane 3 National blue sponge, and BH is BTY T64.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2013 at 9:57pm
According to stiga he used calibra tour M.
have someone watched Xu Xin glued his rubber?
At that video he used calibra LT but its not what we probably assumed(maybe another tenergy).
Has anyone have a picture for what rubber he used in BHand?
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2013 at 12:15am
Originally posted by geswin geswin wrote:

At that video he used calibra LT but its not what we probably assumed(maybe another tenergy).

Rest assured they are only using stiga rubbers for stiga commercials
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
TTeveryday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTeveryday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2013 at 12:32am
Originally posted by geswin geswin wrote:

The blue sponge is visible. the_theologian is right. I think they are saying they use Stiga rubbers for commercials to help boost Stiga's sells. But if those rubbers do not work for them and their blade, then they have to find the rubbers that will work well for their game.

Edited by TTeveryday - 12/04/2013 at 12:33am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2013 at 1:13am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

The only reason his age actually doesn't bother me is because it DOESN'T MATTER. It's not illegal go be over 20. The europeans need to learn to beat him anyway. Whether he's 16 or 21 is unimportant, whatever he is, they need to learn to play him

is this "junior" is faking birth certificates?    and tell me that he looks younger than FZD, when people say that FZD cant be 16 , they meant he s so good and they hate that!

a "junior" in the junior worlds  of course many wont make a fuss cos he is not from china
yebii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yebii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2013 at 6:04am
Originally posted by chroot chroot wrote:

According to a Chinese web site, he is using a Stiga Infinity V blade, FH is DHS Hurricane 3 National blue sponge, and BH is BTY T64.

Stiga Infinity V and Hurricane 3 national blue sponge is right. BH is BTY t05, not T64. Someone met him in the airport and directly asked him then got the answer.

Edited by yebii - 12/04/2013 at 6:05am
AlexKr0iss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexKr0iss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2013 at 7:35am
Hi from where did you get that interesting information? Do you know the person? Do you think thats true? :)
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2013 at 2:34am
well, fzd u can see the infinity in his matches, he's used hurricane 3 for a long while, and it makes more sense for him to play T05 as opposed to T64 since he's spin-based and able to power loop on both wings, not a speed-based bh player like zjk, chuan, yan an..actually not sure about yan an but based on his play style i'd wager he does use T64 bh too.

Edited by kurokami - 12/05/2013 at 2:35am
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2013 at 2:57pm
A forum member confirmed it in a thread on another forum after he met him in person at the airport.

Quote 今天证实樊振东用的是05

今天在机场偶遇樊振东,周雨,徐晨浩
跑去问了一下d樊 他说他反手用05,硬的,不是fx

Confirmed Fan Zhendong uses T05 today

Met Fan Zhendong, Zhou Yu, and Xu Chenhao by chance at the airport today
Went over to ask of Fan a bit, and he said he uses T05 on the backhand, hard[TL Note: here it could mean regular or the SP version that pros use], not FX
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 5:40am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

here it could mean regular or the SP version

What is the "SP version"?
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 6:01am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

There is always special if a rubber be used by a CNT player, of course.
All we can do now is guess and believe to the rumor and advertisement, is there any proof such as close-up photos?
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 9:05am

A forum member confirmed it in a thread on another forum after he met him in person at the airport.

Quote 今天证实樊振东用的是05

今天在机场偶遇樊振东,周雨,徐晨浩

Went over to ask of Fan a bit, and he said he uses T05 on the backhand, hard[TL Note: here it could mean regular or the SP version that pros use], not FX

i read that his "poor" performance in WC13 in pepinster was due to the fact that he was asked to play with another bh... 
something more "fx"

i think it was his father who said that.
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

There is no way in this world or any other that dude is 16. The body, the posture, the attutude. The growl of his voice. He is very close in everything to ZJK, except brilliance. As a matter of fact, I think he is closer in age to ZJK than to a 16 yr old. He makes Zhou Yu, Yan An and Fang Bo look like kids. What about Lin Gaoyuan? Am I supposed to believe that FZD is younger than LG? How naive do u have be? There is no way, no how this dude is 16. Someone fabricated his birth certificate to help push him in the national team. I think he is over 20 and at the peak of his career. 

It is hard to believe that he's 16. But you never know. I remember when (from the states here so it's the best example I have) Lebron James came out of high school. He was 18 but had the body of a 25 year old man. Some freaks are just born with it.

Unfortunately we'll never know with Fan. I guess we'll have to wait until he's say 26ish. If he's dropping off when he should be well into his prime, then we'll have a better idea (because he'd actually be into this 30s). But if he's rattling off championships at that time, maybe it'll truly be because he's still in his prime at the time?

Time will tell.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 10:24am

It is assumed that there exists a version that pros get directly from Butterfly with the SP marking on the sponge, hence the name.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

There is always special if a rubber be used by a CNT player, of course.
All we can do now is guess and believe to the rumor and advertisement, is there any proof such as close-up photos?

Here is a picture of the T05 SP. Do take it as is.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Boss1703 Boss1703 wrote:

Quote 今天证实樊振东用的是05

今天在机场偶遇樊振东,周雨,徐晨浩

i read that his "poor" performance in WC13 in pepinster was due to the fact that he was asked to play with another bh... 
something more "fx"

i think it was his father who said that.

That was Yan An. His dad told reporters after his loss to Ovtcharov at the World Cup that his inconsistent performance was due to the change of rubber. It's said he switched from T05 to T05FX in hopes of higher control in prepration for the National Games. In contrast, Yan An said his loss was due to inexperience. It was then people joked how everyone blames it on equipment whereas pros look elsewhere for issues.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
smash_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smash_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 12:28pm
Blade: Hinoki Wood (now trying ZLF)
Rubbers: Tenergy 05 and 05FX
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 3:59pm
page can be found...

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 4:12pm

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 6:56pm
But would it be legal as it is different from the one on the ITTF list of approved rubbers?
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 7:08pm
As long as the topsheet is exactly the same as normal Tenergies then it's legal. I'm using the Japanese team Ten64, but I guess I'm not good to really tell the differences, though the special Ten64 does feel a little bit better than the normal Ten64 in term of control. 
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 8:12am
There is no national or special tenergy , just BUTTERFLY REAL Tenergy that even timo boll uses both sides with a special required weight that's all. Don't let people fool you guys:))))
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 8:21am
There are, I think, as I own one of those. I didn't buy it new but got a used sheet from Japan team, so I guess it's real deal.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 8:26am
Yes yes but what i am saying there is no different in anything from the one you buy from butterfly
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 8:41am
That's right, I will never waste my money on a new sheet of those special rubbers, given that you can find some decent used sheets for really cheap if you don't mind looking deep into the net :D
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 8:45am
Originally posted by The soul of rock The soul of rock wrote:

As long as the topsheet is exactly the same as normal Tenergies then it's legal. I'm using the Japanese team Ten64, but I guess I'm not good to really tell the differences, though the special Ten64 does feel a little bit better than the normal Ten64 in term of control. 

AFAIK that criteria has changed.
The manufacturer now has to present the sponge and topsheet. I'll look up the reference later.
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 11:52am
Then do the whole CNT have to stop using the blue sponge Hurricanes/Sky Lines?
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 11:56am
Good question
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic