Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

H3 Boosting results and report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Boosting results and report
    Posted: 09/24/2013 at 6:22pm
First off, if anyone else has gone through trial and error with boosting H3 please comment with what you believe is the best boosting technique. If there is a way to maximize the life of a rubber while maintaining high performance I'd love to know.
Heck, even comment if you notice that H3 National can take more boosts than H3 Provincial. Or even if it's better to just go with H3 Neo Provincial and forget about boosting. (All I care about are results).

But for the curious
Here are my experiences with boosting H3 (Non Neo).
I have boosted H3 Provincial (ttnpp) and H3 commercial (ttnpp). I just bought H3 National but have not boosted it yet.

This is the boosting process that I've been using.

Glue used: Haifu WBG
Booster used: Haifu Seamoon

Initial Boosting Process: 
1.)Removed plastic protector
2.)Applied a total of three very thin layers of Haifu seamoon booster directly onto sponge. Waited for previous layer to completely absorb before applying next layer.
3.) Waited for rubber to uncurl a little bit before starting the gluing process. About 48 hours.

Gluing process
1.)Applied 6 thin layers of Haifu WBG onto sponge. Using a hot hair dryer to dry the previous layers.
2.) Applied one thin base layer onto blade.
3.) Applied a 7th and final layer of WBG to sponge and dried it to about 50%, did the same on blade.
4.) Applied rubber to blade and clamped it down with light pressure for 2 hours.

Reboost process
1.) Removed all glue layers from rubber and let the rubber rest for a minimum of 48 hours.
2.) Applied a thin layer of WBG to bare sponge
3.) Wait 12-24 hours to reglue.

H3 Provincial: Initial boosting made this rubber play like an absolute dream. Control, spin and speed were all top notch. My attacks were lethal, my serves had a lot more spin and my drop shots were wonderful. I couldn't ask for more in a rubber.
I reboosted every 2 weeks when I felt the rubber performance start to wane. Every subsequent reboost seemed to be less and less effective. By the fourth reboost the effect became negligible. In comparison to how it played with the initial reboost, the rubber felt "ruined".

H3 Commercial: Initial boosting made this rubber play "alright". Commercial definitely felt harder than provincial, the ball didn't seem to suck into the rubber as much. The performance of the first boost could be compared to the performance of the H3 Pro after the 3rd boost or so. Nothing to write home about but pretty good for a rubber that will set you back $13.

H3 National Orange Sponge 39 deg: Haven't boosted this one yet. Will play through with commercial for at least two weeks before I move onto National.

At this point, I really don't want to buy a new rubber every 2 months. 
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
Sponsored Links

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 6:30pm
In my experience, boosting the NEO has more success than boosting the non-NEO. Once I am done with this current batch of regular provincial, I'm going back to commercial NEO as it's half the price and works fine.  

It's all about the re-boost in this case. The NEO reboosts better than the non-NEO. I used to always play it out of the package for a couple weeks, then I would use the oil. Always worked really well that way as the rubber was broken in, and the boost was very strong and had a good feeling. 

Personally, I'd just assume get some speedglue, take a regular provincial, and glue it every week or two as the residual effect is pretty darn good. Speed glue is also much easier to work with than water glue and haifu oil. But one bottle of oil lasts more than a year. By the way my current bottle is going, I'll get two years out of it.

I use Nittaku Finezip for glue. 

One layer on sponge, sit over night. One layer glue, let dry. One more layer oil, sit over night. One layer glue, let dry. One more layer oil over night, and finally one more layer of glue. That's the initial boost. To re-boost, you only need one layer. I've experimented with boosting the glue layer that's already on there and doing it all over again, but have stuck with the former as it saves me glue. Glue is expensive. 
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 6:31pm
Thank you so much for a detailed explanation of how to cheat at your chosen sport.   
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 6:34pm
this is harder than having a root canal. Confused

@OP,  in the end, how many rating points did this process get you ?

Edited by jt99sf - 09/24/2013 at 6:35pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 6:53pm
Don't really know for sure since I didn't play a tournament until the 3rd or so re-boost so by then the effect was really weak. I'd say over the last 3 months my rating has gone up maybe 50 points?

@Tassie52 - You're welcome. Anything I can do to help.

If there is a rubber that costs >$50, lasts at least 4 months and plays similar to a freshly boosted H3 Provincial then I'm all ears.
Until then if cheating is what saves me a sizable amount of money, then I'm glad to be called a cheater.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by gatorling gatorling wrote:

Don't really know for sure since I didn't play a tournament until the 3rd or so re-boost so by then the effect was really weak. I'd say over the last 3 months my rating has gone up maybe 50 points?

If there is a rubber that costs >$50, lasts at least 4 months and plays similar to a freshly boosted H3 Provincial then I'm all ears.

how long did it take you to do one rubber ?
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2013 at 7:05pm
Initial boost took me around 3 days. Three layers can be put down in about 24 hours. After 48 hours of the last layer you're usually good to glue.

Reboost takes around a day.

Boosting can be a bit of a pain, this time around I'll probably boost H3 National once and only reboost when I notice a massive drop in performance.

On another note, I might take Beeray's advice and order a sheet of H3 Neo Pro. If that plays like H3 Pro boosted then my problem is solved.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2013 at 10:18am
very interesting, thank you. 

I would tried NEO commercial before national and provincial.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
LethalForehand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LethalForehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2013 at 11:11am
nice description!

I use dianchi oil, some say its better than seamoon (which I havent tried so I have no comparison), anyway, dianchi works good for me. I use H3 prov, non-neo.

I also noticed that 2nd, 3rd... reboost gives worse results. The reason for this I think is the stretching of the rubber. Although I should say I usually dont rest the rubber after I take it off the blade. Probably I should wait a day before I start reboosting... Anyway, every time I reboost, the rubber gets bigger and bigger, I have to cut a few mm-s from the edge every time. Consequently, the topsheet gets thinner and the whole rubber will be under more tension. The feeling then gets very hard (differently hard than unboosted) and difficult to play with. Speed is there, but the spin is not, especially on the serves and when you want to use the topsheet only. These are just my two cents though.
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2013 at 2:17pm
Lethal,
Haifu Seamoon seems to soften everything up a little bit.

Biggest thing I noticed after 10 weeks of using the rubber is that the rubber became slightly more inconsistent. E.g touch shots that I normally do would get dumped into the net, loops had less spin, drives had less speed and serves definitely suffered from less spin.

By the end , I'd best describe it as the rubber gave everything it had and just died. It didn't become unplayable but I'd rate the rubber "OKAY".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LethalForehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2013 at 7:03pm
yeah, thats probably normal, the rubbers are not really designed for multiple reboosting...

with that said, H3 boosted is still better and half price than a t05
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Thank you so much for a detailed explanation of how to cheat at your chosen sport.   

Don't post in the thread then. It's very easy. I mostly stay away from the millions of equipment superiority threads, and chinese vs euro loop threads, Hurricane controversy, etc. because I let people have their discussion. If I don't agree or am not a fan of a topic, I don't bother posting unless the situation beckons. You should try it. 

I guarantee you'd be surprised to know about some of the people that "cheat"- Australia isn't completely immune to boosting, trust me. 

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 1:33am
I'm not saying no one at all boosts, I am however totally confident it's less than 1% of tournament level players, you would be amazed at how many players in Australia use ESN tensors. It's at least 90% of everyone. The serious players using Chinese tacky rubber is around 1 player per hundred, no more than that and I've never seen evidence any of those 1% are using boosted rubber at tournaments either. The culture is different, there's a very strong idea that you should play fair in Australia and those that don't are heavily punished by society as a whole. You wouldn't be brave enough to ever show your face at a tournament again if you were to boost and someone found you out

Edited by bluebucket - 09/28/2013 at 1:33am
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Please come to any tournament and listen to the shot, you could realize something...
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
batt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 6:19am
Hey bluebucket,

Are you posting under "foam" on the ooak forum?
If you don't want to answer that's ok.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 6:26am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

I'm not saying no one at all boosts, I am however totally confident it's less than 1% of tournament level players, you would be amazed at how many players in Australia use ESN tensors. It's at least 90% of everyone. The serious players using Chinese tacky rubber is around 1 player per hundred, no more than that and I've never seen evidence any of those 1% are using boosted rubber at tournaments either. The culture is different, there's a very strong idea that you should play fair in Australia and those that don't are heavily punished by society as a whole. You wouldn't be brave enough to ever show your face at a tournament again if you were to boost and someone found you out

I play Chinese rubbers and, to be honest, I do boost my rubber not for speed but feeling.
I have some friends, when they are kids, laughed at me about booster.
After several TT camping, now they boost boost and over boosting!
Their philosophy is: "they boosted and they beat me easily, so I have to"
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 10:27am
Most people don't know who's boosting and the one's not.You can not smell a boosted rubber, heck I can use speed glue to prime a sponge and after a few days no one can smell that. And people that use rubber cement and there are a lot that use that, are effecting the sponge. I play club games and most people know I am boosting. I don't hide it. Most of the stuff if not all that are esn are boosted at the factory. I don't get why people cry about boosting, it's like back in the puritan days when they had witch hunts. Well that's my 2 cents,had to vent(lol)
Shifter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LethalForehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 1:27pm
its a fact that most esn rubbers are factory boosted. So then factories are allowed to cheat but players not? What if I boost to restore the feeling of a new esn rubber and save some money?

Another example: a player using a new sheet of a factory boosted rubber (i.e. all of the currently popular tensors) vs. a player who boosted his hurricane 3 at home. Who is cheating? The second player could have just bought a hurricane 3 Neo, which is factory boosted as well, but more expensive.

Yet another: a player using a new sheet of a factory boosted rubber vs. a player who did not boost his hurricane 3 at home. Who is cheating?

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 2:18pm

+2, well said bluebucket. Thumbs Up
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

+2, well said bluebucket. Thumbs Up

Hah hah hah! Ask Bluebucket about which cricket team perfected sledging.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 5:58pm
Fair play? That's interesting concept in our sport isn't it. With boosters, tensors, long pips and all the other crap no wonder beginners don't stick around to learn the basics.  Hardbat I like exactly for that very reason. Now how can we boost a hardbat? How can we boost our blades? It's all stupid to me. I have been playing this sport for 40+ years...go figure. Bluebucket is correct in his observations.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 6:58pm
Careful, you are showing your ageWink
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 7:07pm
I don't know why that every time there is a thread about boosting, that people will start posting their opinions about cheating, thats not what the thread is about. When I get on a thread to check how people are boosting and their results. I don't really care about their opinions of it being legal,that's not the topic !!
Shifter
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 7:20pm
I agree wid you. Its like these people are trolling. I hope mods could temporarily suspend them
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 7:31pm
It's like 2 people having a conversation about something and a third party butt's in on the conversation about something else.   
Shifter
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 8:46pm
Sorry guys, sometimes I'm a bad boy. LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by LethalForehand LethalForehand wrote:

its a fact that most esn rubbers are factory boosted. So then factories are allowed to cheat but players not? What if I boost to restore the feeling of a new esn rubber and save some money?

Another example: a player using a new sheet of a factory boosted rubber (i.e. all of the currently popular tensors) vs. a player who boosted his hurricane 3 at home. Who is cheating? The second player could have just bought a hurricane 3 Neo, which is factory boosted as well, but more expensive.

Yet another: a player using a new sheet of a factory boosted rubber vs. a player who did not boost his hurricane 3 at home. Who is cheating?

and I summarize all of that with this... isn't it convenient that the rules seem to cater to the ITTF making profit? 
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2013 at 11:39pm
I couldn't be bothered , seems expensive, short life takes such a long time lol
 me hurricane straight on , no boosting ready to go lol
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
mertus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mertus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2013 at 5:05am
Have used Falco Long boost on DHS H3 Provincial. 2 thin layer on the bare sponge for the initial and 1 layer on the bare sponge after 2 months. It took atleast 10 days for the rubber to relax a bit for the initial and a day for the reboost. Applied 1 layer of wbg on the rubber and blade. Effect was profound for a month and starts to diminish thereafter. Unfortunately the rubber did not last long as bubble has developed after 3 months of use. I play 8 hours average per week btw and hit hard most of the time- full swing loop on my FH.
Wish it could reach 4 months atleast but that's not the case as I have exactly the same result with 2 rubbers...Cry

Now I'm trialing Haifu Seamoon booster. Manufacturer says the effect lasts up to 4 weeks but I reckon that's overstatement. Effect seems consistent for a week or two and starts to diminish thereafter but not up to 4 weeks. But that is not really a big issue for me I can live with that, I'm still hoping that this one can extend the rubber's life for 4 months atleast.

Edited by mertus - 09/29/2013 at 5:17am
Forehand: Haifu BWII RS
Backhand: Xiom Sigma II Pro
Blade: Butterfly Reygundo FL
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2013 at 5:23am
which tunner you think work better seamooon or falco for h3 bluesponge
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic