Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

classroom of table tennis 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ppismylife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppismylife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: classroom of table tennis 1
    Posted: 06/16/2004 at 11:40am

Form For Indivial Technique

Forehand attack :

The characteristics of the modern forehand attack are as follow :

Before impact , there should be a distance approximately 40-50 centimeter between the arm and point of impact . The time of impact should be the peak of the bounce . The arm should move forward with forehand contracting in the direction of left upper forward . The position of the impact should be in front of the body at the right side . This technique  is frequently emplyed , powerful and the scoring percentage is high with this technique . Therefore , this is the first technique we would like to introduce . Forehand attack is a major technique that should be mastered by all table tennis players .

(to be continued)

Sponsored Links

sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2004 at 4:28pm

The feet position is very crucial to getting power, first diagram below shows feet left infront with right near it. Second one shows left infront and right much behind it. In the case of first position, you can move your waist from one side to another giving more power to your forehand topspin (if your forehad stroke is topspin) and also return faster to the neutral position. But in the case of second stance it would be less power and would need more body adjustment before you return to neutral position.

pxiao312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pxiao312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2004 at 10:18pm
Table tennis is best learnt by showing and visualising examples the Learn Better Table tennis is good for people who are starting
deeptish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeptish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2004 at 5:21am
Completely agree about the feet position!
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2004 at 1:12pm

Deeptish,

Where in India you are from? I am from Delhi.

Sunny

deeptish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeptish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2004 at 1:36am
kolkata... sunny
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2004 at 9:53am

Cool. Nice to hear from you.

mofluk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mofluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2004 at 7:08pm
there is loads of coaching tips and stuff on my website www.robsinders.plus.com
www.robsinders.plus.com
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2005 at 6:59pm
Thanks mofluk, gave it a quick look I will be back.  Now why are they giving a beer stein to  a junior champion(LOL).
hristo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hristo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2005 at 7:28am
Originally posted by mofluk mofluk wrote:

there is loads of coaching tips and stuff on my website www.robsinders.plus.com
thanks for this site
indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2005 at 6:59pm
Hello partners hows the table tennis level in India!
mike the best
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2005 at 8:29pm
i dislike it when people sit behind their keyboard and put there expert hat on and try to coach.

leave that up to proper coaches who can actually show you the stroke.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2005 at 8:35pm
bitchy mood jc?
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2005 at 9:43pm
a bit, but, id still say the same thing on any given day.

when someone decided to post a thread on how to do a certin thing on the internet, its usually like the blind leading the blind.

if someone asks for help, and people reply.....sure fine.

if someone says hello, im such and such....ive been a coach for x many years and i think i can help, i guess sure enough.

but this thread just sh*ts me off.

sorry, but it does.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2005 at 9:48pm
i see i see, well the forehand loop technique should be with eyes closed at contact go stragith up and try to put wacky sidespins on it and yell right when your oppenent hits th ball and the a big OSAAAAA after you will the point!
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2005 at 9:50pm
YOU SHOULD ALSO CROSS YOUR LEGS AND HAVE WLQ DHS HANDLE ON YOUR BLADE I KNOW YOU LOVE CAP LOCKS JC
Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2005 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by *JC* *JC* wrote:

a bit, but, id still say the same thing on any given day.

when someone decided to post a thread on how to do a certin thing on the internet, its usually like the blind leading the blind.

if someone asks for help, and people reply.....sure fine.

if someone says hello, im such and such....ive been a coach for x many years and i think i can help, i guess sure enough.

but this thread just sh*ts me off.

sorry, but it does.

Personally, I like these threads a lot. JC, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop discouraging people from making any post or at least not shooting them down. What I do here rarely involves making threads, but commentating on other ones. So, as you might guess, I like when someone goes and makes one about the forehand. Odds are he didn't say everything 100% correctly and maybe something could be improved, so we discuss it. Through discussion and sharing our ideas, we are as a community able to make our own games better.

That's why I never get tired of threads or anything on coaching, technique, whatever. All I really get tired of is posts like, "Bryce or Bryce FX." Really, I think if someone wants to get better, he needs to get out of the equipment forum and into the coaching and strategy ones.

Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2005 at 12:02am
@tt-man, all in good humor, hah, nice post.
gotta have that dhs H-WL handle, otherwise why even bother playing.

@pat
i like...no love a good coaching thread more than most people, [i feel a monthy python skit coming on here, but i wont go into it.]

but, i dont like it when out of the blue, someone comes along and says....this is how you do something.
posts minimal detail, or credentials and the like.

If timo boll came along and tryed to tell me something, id sit my ass down and stfu and take in every word of it.

reading his post, it sounds.....it just sounds like rubbish.

he has not followed it up either.

Sadly pat, there is a reason why we all post on these forums.

I would love to think its becouse we are all table tennis enthusists, but some how i think that its becouse we are not good enough to make the big time / havent had the chance yet.

I for one will admit, there is no way in hell im good enough/will ever be good enough to go pro. ( Im in the same boat as 99% of the users on this forum )

yes, i will stop / try to stop shooting down people who say dumb sh*t, but i encourage people, please dont take what you hear on a forum as gospel, it simply is not.

you will agree, some threads need shooting and some posts need to be opposed, as forum moderators, its at our own descretion..... and i used mine.
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2005 at 1:53am
i think it's hard to give anyone detailed advice on improving technique without seeing the person play. There are so many different types of players with so many little quirks to their play that its difficult to give advice on most things. Basic stuff and basic errors ,fair enough, but other than that i think you have to see the person play. much as i hate to be a boring sit on the fence bastar*, i can see jc's and patmandidily's point. it does no harm though, to try and solve the problems people post, But the posters should post more info so it is not like drawing teeth. In saying that i was thinking about posting a topic on how to stop tucking my elbow in on forehand loops.....i have also just had a bottle and a half of wine so maybe i am not in a fit state to comment.
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2005 at 2:01am
"i have also just had a bottle and a half of wine"
"Location: Scotland"

....nuff said.

actually, that would be ireland, not scotland....anyway.

yes, the elbow tucking problem is very unlikly to be solved just by reading posts about it.

it is likly to be solved by reading posts about how to fix it/listening to a coach tell you how to fix it and then going out to the table and hitting FH anfter FH until you have comminted the new improved motion to muscle memory

posting can help, but only if it is also mixed with you physically going and doing it as i said, just reading is very unlikly to fix it.

Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2005 at 2:16am
jc,
i am afraid we are as bad as the irish in that respect. it is saturday night mind you, or sunday morning to be more exact. i was talking to a guy at practice, who is a defender and in top 10 in scotland, and he gave me some good advice. he said try not to think of it as moving your elbow out but more as moving your feet away from the ball. works well until its mid rally and then you forget. but i am just a developing player so with lots of practice it will be solved
Fraziel,
*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2005 at 3:25am
yes.

in practise, where i know exactly where the ball is going, its fairly easy for me to use a large stroke and get my elbow right out.

and in a match as well, not a problem, when im in a good position...however, this all changes when i get a fast push or a drive coming right at my playing elbow and i get cramped up...
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2005 at 5:39am
I think if you guys have the chance of training with a ttmatic 500b robot , its the best way to improved that tecnic and fast other ways will take to long, thats just one simple opinion of myself cus as someone sayed i dont know you guys game level best regards keep up with the good foruns
mike the best
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2005 at 5:31pm
we have a robot at the club i go to. it gets passed round various clubs though so we dont always get a chance to use it. have used it before and my god did it show up my lack of fitness! i thought i was not too bad fitness wise but i felt like going for a lie down after using the thing.
Fraziel,
indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2005 at 6:16pm
the ttmatic 500b machine is perfect and we can programe it close to the human strokes and all kinds of drills on the table for footwork and all kinds of drills you want to pratice and with the speed you chose you can real improve real fast,and with kids is amazine the time they need to develop the basic strokes to start seing than play with some level of game .
mike the best
Kid Hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kid Hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2006 at 6:15am
Fraziel, do you know Kenny Lindsay??
Whack Whack Whack
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2006 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Kid Hurricane Kid Hurricane wrote:

Fraziel, do you know Kenny Lindsay??

i dont i am afraid but the name seems familiar. where does he play?
Fraziel,
Kid Hurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kid Hurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2006 at 5:42pm
He just recently played in Scottish nationals, ranked 5th I think. He has been in China for a while recently, i think his dad lives there.
Whack Whack Whack
DatSuKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DatSuKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2006 at 12:47am
Does any1 have any advice onto make fh smashes/loopdrives more accurate? Mine often go off the table.
Hard work and self-determination will surpass talent.

Blade-Homemade BirchBalsaBullet (3B JSX)
FH - DHS G666
BH - LKT PRO XT
patlu08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patlu08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2006 at 10:07pm
practice
Stiga OC CR - no wrb
FH: Globe 999t/Quattro 2.0
BH: Sriver L 1.9
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic