Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Rosskopf Emotion - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2017 at 3:48am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

[QUOTE=viva]
The JRE has been the best blade I've ever played with, and I'm getting my best results with it. Every new born baby should be given a JRE by the government. It should be the law.

ha ha ha AndySmith you are very fluent in table tennis LOL 

I just had my JRE for about a week and somehow I understand and feel what you feel ha he he

How bout this: When I'm through with this world and meet my Creator, this is the only blade I'd take with me he he he

Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Sponsored Links

el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2017 at 10:13am
I have two rossi emotions. I like how it plays but I HATE!!! the handle
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

I have two rossi emotions. I like how it plays but I HATE!!! the handle
I have the same issue. Mine is Flared handle, too small. I use a rubber grip and this somehow improves it. I would like to try a St handled JRE.
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 9:34pm
Interesting.

I really like my flared handle on JRE.  better than some Butterflys

I can only imagine the ST to be nice too
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 9:40pm
JRE Flared is a bit small for me in fact probably one of the smallest Fl I have tried. My TSP Euro Spin is the only Fl blade with a smaller handle. But for the way the blade performs, I can live with the handle issues. Planning to buy a JRE this time ST.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2017 at 9:44pm
There's a Nexy clan, Acoustic clan why not a JRE Clan. Or I'm just high on my new pre-owned JRE
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 7:41pm
Is Aruna OFF same as Rosskopf Emotion just with new design?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2017 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Is Aruna OFF same as Rosskopf Emotion just with new design?

Yes.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
BB-Big View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB-Big Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 12:10am
Aruna off has wider and shorter head shape compare to old JRE.
And Aruna off has kiri core instead of ayous (as in JRE).
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 9:03am
so its not same blade. also looks like Aruna off discontinued already ...
I am looking to buy JRE FL weight around 86-87g. if somebody wants it 81g I can trade
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2017 at 9:37am
joola tpe perform is supposed to be "a progressive development of the Joola classic, the Joola Rossi Emotion"

looks a very nice blade.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 3:01am
I read somewhere (forgot where) that Aruna Off was the faster version of the JRE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 3:21am
Originally posted by BB-Big BB-Big wrote:

Aruna off has wider and shorter head shape compare to old JRE.
And Aruna off has kiri core instead of ayous (as in JRE).

With the change of core from ayous to kiri, then this would somehow effect a change in the "feel" and the way the blade as a whole performs. I read it's a bit faster than JRE.
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 3:31am
JRE is quite slow for plastic ball, probably lower end of off- category. It requires use of fast rubbers like mx-p for having finishing power on loops, or else be prepared to get destroyed by a good close-to-table blocker/pips player. I've moved to thick hinoki carbon blades but still like to use it every now and then for the nice "feel" it offers despite being a composite blade.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2017 at 3:43am
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

JRE is quite slow for plastic ball, probably lower end of off- category. It requires use of fast rubbers like mx-p for having finishing power on loops, or else be prepared to get destroyed by a good close-to-table blocker/pips player. I've moved to thick hinoki carbon blades but still like to use it every now and then for the nice "feel" it offers despite being a composite blade.

I use TO5 on it and it has enough speed on offense for me. I will try Bryce Speed on it for BH block and punch, this should provide ample zip on the ball I presume. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 4:31am
Played with JRE on a local tournament with great results. Won 3 against really strong college varsity players and lost 1 to a stronger player (never won against him before)
This is my strongest performance this year, although I never made it out of the bracket (triple tie and I end up with less point standing)
I believe JRE made me a better player. Control of the blade is just awesome. Spin generation is off the wall. Spin on serves with T05 is just wicked, most did not require a third ball stroke. Spinny push, chop blocks works real nice. BH banana flicks with T05 are so loaded with spin, opponents can hardly keep it on the table. Counter from mid-range felt like the ball somehow finds a way to land on the table. Confidence on loops and counters seems at an all time high.

Yep I'm still high on JRE, maybe there really is a holy grail!
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 3:18pm
Thanks for feedback of using T05 on JRE.

I wasn't going to use Tenergy on this blade, but now I might.

Several years ago, I used one of the ESN rubbers (cant remember which one)  and it was great

Edited by Snakefish - 05/31/2017 at 3:20pm
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2017 at 1:06pm
Using Bryce Speed on JRE.
Bryce Speed (BS) is a totally different rubbers from the euro/jap rubbers I'm used to. The spin was less trajectory was flat. I gave up on opening loops against underspin and my banana flick was gone. So what is it good for on my BH? It is insensitive to incoming spin so its great on receiving serves. It is beautiful in blocks ang punch blocks. Awesome smash. Speed as the name says is spot on, probably the fastest rubber I've tried. I can chop block at the table and chop a step or two away. JRE allows me to do all these. For the things I miss with BS on my BH, I can twiddle and use my FH rubber.So BS on the BH of JRE can be a viable winning formula. As for using BS on my FH, I havent the time nor the patience to learn the angles that would allow me to initiate offense. Im new to BS just afew weeks. Still learning how to use it.
Hope this helps
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2017 at 7:12pm
Kameraden, pleaze help with some approved setups for BH on JRE.

I've got a Markovic blade (an old version of JRE before rebranding), with Rhyzm-P as FH rubber doing well. I'm approx.2000-2100 FH oriented looper with classic BH loop. I like spinny rubbers on BH, but don't like extremely high throw (like T05). My favourite BH setup was T80 2.1 on a Clipper, but T80 is no good for Markovic blade. It feels like it is too thick or hard on Markovic, the feeling of the blade is completely lost. I can put another Rhyzm on BH, but maybe there are some better options?

Thanks in advance for sharing any experience

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

Kameraden, pleaze help with some approved setups for BH on JRE.

I've got a Markovic blade (an old version of JRE before rebranding), with Rhyzm-P as FH rubber doing well. I'm approx.2000-2100 FH oriented looper with classic BH loop. I like spinny rubbers on BH, but don't like extremely high throw (like T05). My favourite BH setup was T80 2.1 on a Clipper, but T80 is no good for Markovic blade. It feels like it is too thick or hard on Markovic, the feeling of the blade is completely lost. I can put another Rhyzm on BH, but maybe there are some better options?

Thanks in advance for sharing any experience
I have used several BH rubbers on my Rossi Emotion. 

I use Nittaku Moristo DF for a spinny control game; gives me ease in service recieve, spinny pushes, chop-block near the table and chopping from afar. This rubber gives me great strokes on the table like flicks and good control on blocks. No problem opening loops but lacks power on offensive strokes.

I use Tibhar 1Q on BH when I wish to play a more aggressive offensive style. With the rubber I get great blocks and adequate power and spin for offense. 1Q is medium throw. I have tried 1Q XD but did not like it as it was too strong for the blade. My balls going long.

I have also used Bryce Speed on my BH giving me fantastic blocks, good service receive, really fast returns, but hard to open loops or flicks and low spin on pushes. If your BH is adept on blocks, punch blocks and smashes, then this is your rubber. The rubber is low throw.
Just sharing my fun times with Joola blade, hope any of these helps.

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2017 at 3:06am
Vega Pro 1.8mm does it all on JRE BH
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2017 at 6:43pm
I'm afraid that mid-zone looping will suffer with 1.8. Is 2.0 also suitable either too thick and hard for JRE?

I've made a search on Youtube and found some video of high level guys testing Maxxx-450 and Rhyzm on JRE.
https://youtu.be/L_Kii2xLEGQ
Maxxx-450 seems a great option for a wristy BH. By the way, which one is more suited for BH: Maxxx-450 or Maxxx-P? Did anyone play both?

Edited by GSOM_GSOM11 - 10/05/2017 at 7:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2017 at 12:45am
nice video, makes me want to go out and get me a Maxxx 450 yum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2017 at 3:43pm
I suspect that maxxx-p is even better for bh with polyball, but I have no proof
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

I'm afraid that mid-zone looping will suffer with 1.8. Is 2.0 also suitable either too thick and hard for JRE?

I've made a search on Youtube and found some video of high level guys testing Maxxx-450 and Rhyzm on JRE.
https://youtu.be/L_Kii2xLEGQ
Maxxx-450 seems a great option for a wristy BH. By the way, which one is more suited for BH: Maxxx-450 or Maxxx-P? Did anyone play both?

Mid zone looping will be fine IMO. Vega Pro is a pretty hard and linear rubber and very heavy as well in the topsheet - the weight differences between 1.8 and 2.0 and Max are not significant.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Jonasss View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2017 at 5:03am
The JRE and the Violin are both usually rated around Off-, have a similar weight and supposedly a lowish throw.

Could someone compare how they play ?
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2017 at 8:39am
I played with Violin and am currently using a Joola Aruna blade which is the same as JRE I believe.. The violin has a harder feel when playing most shots but is slower than Aruna. Aruna has an initial soft feel from the cypress top ply but when playing harder shots you can feel the Koto and carbon "engage" . I would rate Violin all+/off- and the Joola off-/off Aruna has more gears than the standard violin maybe Violin carbon would be more similar. Both blades have good flex. I feel the violin balances better, my Aruna blades feels heavier than what it actually weighs when glued.

Edited by jpenmaster - 12/23/2017 at 8:41am
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 3:11am
I don’t agree with fatt’s comment that regardless its weight they all play the same. I hold two copies, one is 84 grams and the other is 86 grams. Both are very different. The 84 grams is rather flexible, soft and kind of hollow. It is slower than my Clipper.   The 86 grams is stiff soft and beefy. It seems faster than my Clipper. . I chose the 86 grams blade.   

When playing it feels good but is too fast for me.   It’s faster than my >90 grams Clipper. Control is very good for its speed. Feeling is also similar to all wood blade except when you hit hard then the carbon starts to kick in.

Good blade. But the weight dictates the behavior as usual.
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 8:55am
A lot of Chinese made "Hinoki" blades are mixed between American,Taiwan and Japanese "Hinoki". Visually they have the same grain structure and the color is close but the easiest way to tell is the smell. American and Taiwan variants usually have a harder feel. My Aruna top ply is not Japanese Hinoki.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2019 at 1:23pm
It's has been a long time since I read this thread. I'm planning to give it another try this summertime before the seasons starts. I've been using RWV for 5 years with M2/Rozena and I'm really used to my setup,  I think I might switch to something harder on the FH with 47° at least. What do you think? Im a lefty power looper that opens wide angles with his BH, but my FH is much stronger than my BH. 

Do you feel it's still suitable for ABS ? Maybe GA8 50° could suit my FH?

Edited by jonyer1980 - 07/09/2019 at 2:58pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
  Share Topic