FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Non-transparent glue sheets?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2013 at 2:55am
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

Arn`t the Giant Dragon ones that come with their lp`s  opaque maybe you can get them direct from Giant Dragon if you have the contact ibfo?

The two backing sheets are opaque, but the actual adhesive layer in the middle is transparent, so that won't help. Ouch
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

tt-panopticum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt-panopticum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2013 at 6:57am
Hi,
supposedly there is a white glue sheet material made by X-film called montex dx28

Should be possible to find online somewhere - if not, pm
Best regards
BarryB View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2014 at 8:39am
Got a question about glue sheets, but slightly off-topic because it's not about the transparency.

On the BH I play with TSP curl p4 (now in 0,5 but can be ox or thicker as well) and on the FH with either Xiom Vega Pro, Xiom Vega Japan or Adidas P7 (can be in either 1.8, 2.0 or 2.2).

Now everybody knows that long pips in general work better on harder/slower blades.

I do play a Donic Defplay with curl P4 0.5mmon the BH side and Vega Japan on the FH side.
This works out great for my pips BH but not on my FH. Even with other rubber on the FH I don't get the perfect feeling.

I also have a different blade; the Adidas Hypertouch which is soft but rigid blade and a lot faster.
Works great on my FH with Vega pro 1.8 or P7 1.8 mm but does not work well with the long pips (currently trying the same curl P4 0.5 mm) on my BH. When hitting a bit harder the sponge bottoms out and the ball 'hits' the wood'. With the fast and bouncy blade the ball tends to fly everywhere.

But since my game is 65% FH spin I want to change from the Defplay to the Hypertouch if possible.
So I could your advice how to make it work.

One of my ideas is to use a gluesheet (or maybe even 2 gluesheets on top of eachother). I was thinking that applying 1 or 2 gluesheets will give the blade the desired harder and slower feel on the BH side.

Another idea is to go up in sponge thickness. Normally that will make that blade side faster but when using a curl P4 1.5 mm the sponge does not bottom out that quickly with 'harder hits' thus less change of 'hitting the wood', thus less change of incontrollable effects because of the fast bouncy soft blade.

Or a 3rd option.... combining both options above.

What do you think?

Best regards, Barry

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2014 at 12:40pm
Rec'd Air Glue Sheet from Cole (thx cole :) ) last week; it is a white glue sheet.
When u order it from Cole, just ask him to check the glue sheet for u ( I got a transparent Air glue sheet last year).

Edited by Egghead - 04/03/2014 at 12:04pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2014 at 3:51pm
Word of caution about the air glue sheets,they are an absolute nightmare to get off the blade,put a layer of rubber cement down before you attach or
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2014 at 7:19pm

Word of caution about the air glue sheets,they are an absolute nightmare to get off the blade,put a layer of rubber cement down before you attach or

I have used some other glue sheets that stick like no tomorrow.  So a layer of rubber cement would lessen the bond of the glue sheet to the blade?  That's a nice trick to know; thanks for sharing.

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 12:02pm

thx for the tips
I just glued the blade last night ShockedShocked, and I want to change the LP this weekendConfusedConfused

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 1:02pm
wow, great tip on the layer of glue first.  I've never seen a glue sheet that DIDN'T stick pretty hard if you left it on long enough.

Edited by cole_ely - 04/03/2014 at 1:03pm
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 3:50pm
The Nittaku and Butterfly glue sheets can be peeled off the blade quite easily.  They have different gluing strengths on both sides - less glue on the side attached to blade and stronger bond on side attached to rubber.  Most glue sheets that come attached to an OX sheet are usually quite strong and hard to peel off.

Edited by tuco - 04/03/2014 at 3:51pm
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2014 at 4:36pm
Recommend the Gewo clean stick glue sheets,less sticky on the side that goes on the blade,it stays on the ox lp sheet when you peel it off not the blade, nb:not non transparent though!

Edited by firetack - 04/03/2014 at 4:40pm
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2014 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

thx for the tips
I just glued the blade last night ShockedShocked, and I want to change the LP this weekendConfusedConfused

Just an update on the air glue sheet.
A layer of rubber cement will not help it. If you want a non-transparent glue sheet, you need to assure it is not a paper-like glue sheet; Air non-transparent glue sheet is a paper-like glue sheet. It is a COMPLETE nightmare to get it off the blade AND the rubber, spend ~ 1 hour to peel the glue sheet (small piece by small piece) off my blade and I still have no idea on what to do with that big piece of glue sheet stuck on my LP ox CryCryCryCry

Edited by Egghead - 04/23/2014 at 5:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic