FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Maxxx 450

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Maxxx 450
    Posted: 10/21/2013 at 8:44pm

Joola Maxxx 450

-45 degrees
-red max
-68-70 grams uncut
-used with adidas challenge speed blade (all wood clipper like blade)

This Maxxx 450 rubber is one of the 3 in the Maxxx series. this is the medium hardness sponge of the 3. The sponge seemed medium but the topsheet felt softer when i compared it with the Rhyzm.

The sponge is almost identical to that of the Tenzone Ultra or Tibhar evolution series. Compared to the Rhyzm, the Maxxx 450 have a more porous sponge with larger holes. It is also less denser than the Rhyzm Sponge. The topsheet has a different design than the Rhyzm because it has longer pips and the spacing between pips looks wider.

The M450 has a semi-loud "tonk" sound when I was hitting with it in my forehand. I could feel the ball compress against rubber more than the Rhyzm because of its softer topsheet and sponge. The Challenge SPeed blade being an off+ blade when used with the M450 felt as an off set up not off+ but close to it. I didn't feel that it was too fast. It was like the speed of the Donic BF M2. In fact, the Rhyzm was faster by a margin and has a longer trajectory. I felt more comfortable using the M450 in my backhand because it was very easy to use. The Acuda S2 was my favorite backhand rubber, if not for its poor durability I would still be using it up until now, felt close to the M450 but with a softer topsheet. The M450 is very spinny. It felt spinnier than the Rhyzm. I think the strength of the M450 is on being able to produce spin easily when doing top spins. You do not need to dig deeper into the sponge for the ball in order to make good loops. 

Inside the table, drop shots seem a lil bouncy but controllable and can be adjusted to. flicks against backspin are good. This is more of a mid distance rubber. Very fast close to the table but doesn't feel too fast far from the table. Mid distance this rubber really shines in spinny counter loops especially when doing with sidespins on the counter. When I was countering with it, the ball compresses well against the sponge adding more spin and power to the shot. 

I think it feels closer to the tenzone ultra in terms of the sponge but the topsheet is identical to that of the BF series or the Evo series. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2013 at 10:26pm
well it sure looks butter soft. bet its springy 
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2013 at 11:15pm
Doesn't the number 450 stand for 45deg sponge hardness?

Edited by Matt Pimple - 10/21/2013 at 11:16pm
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 12:20am
yes it's 45 degrees. the sponge is medium but the topsheet seemed softer than el-p
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 1:28am
it's a very soft rubber for 45 degrees especially because of the soft topsheet. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 2:01am
Rhyzm sponge looks a lot more dense than maxxx sponge. Anyone know what rhyzm hardness is?
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 2:15am
48 degrees
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 9:04am
really anxious to hear your reviews yogi. I'm gonna order a sheet of this as well to try out. I've heard it plays very similar to Bluefire rubber. That sponge is crazy looking. Very different from Rhyzm.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 10:48am
Bluefire, Evolution, similar to those. It is very fast and jumpy but is abot 10 kilometers behind Rhyzm in control. I have a 500 for sale, 30 mins tested only. black, max thickness. Just another flavor of those fast, spiny, out of control rubbers. If you think you BF has good control, then yes, I guess you can try this one too.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 11:28am
i received a joola maxxx 450 red max from joola mid augustus.

i glued it on a gewo texalite def with a tsp curl p-4 ox.

i played my first tournament without trainning session...

results: 5th place in my ranking and 2nd in the serie with 2 upranked players!

the max version is a bit heavy.

the + points are serves and returns and slow loops.
attacks are ok (but as def player i am not a 3rd ball hitter)

the - points are short games ( max!) and blocks (my actual weakness)

2nd competition: 2nd
3rd: 3rd
4th: 2nd

no need to play for hours to play good with it.
in my opinion, i can almost do what i could do with the tenergy 64...

it is also really easy to cut (compare to phenix) and to glue (still on my blade with only 1st time andro gluing)
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 12:32pm
thanks for the update Boss.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 8:41pm
updated with review

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2013 at 11:58pm
Rhyzm's hard topsheet makes it possible to use any of its sponges as a forehand rubber.  Rhyzm just has that control - I wish it wasn't so heavy (another thing about Rhyzm - you don't save weight by using softer sponges).  I have decided to put the 425 back on my forehand.  I need my smashing and looping machine back!

We don't need more Tenergy clones...

Edited by NextLevel - 10/22/2013 at 11:59pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Jinami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jinami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2013 at 1:02am
You comparing this with Rhyzm and not Rhyzm 425 right? 

Based on the ad, Maxxx 450 is for mid/far distance play while the Maxxx 500 is for close/mid.
JOOLA Viva - DHS Skyline TG3 Neo / JOOLA Rhyzm
Xiom Zetro Quad - DHS Hurricane 3 Neo / Butterfly Tenergy 80
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2013 at 5:02am
yes im comparing it with the rhyzm 48 degrees the first rhyzm rubber. i have not tried much of the maxxx 500 to make a thorough review. 

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2013 at 11:07am
Rhyzm is definitely not a heavy rubber. Not today. Yes, you can find lighter, but Evolution, Bluefire, Tenergy and Tenzone are all noticeably heavier than rhyzm. 

Maxx is rally spiny, like yogi said. When u land it with a full power swing its nasty to block. The problem is that soft topsheet + soft sponge is a recipe for poor control. I don't think its physically to make an accurate rubber with such physical properties. 

I wish Joola made an even better version of Rhyzm, if that's possible. Maxx is in the wrong direction. It will never be adopted by a pro.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2013 at 10:22pm
Thumbs Up Great review...... as usual. How about the weight?is it like the rest of the new ESN offerings(heavy)
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 1:12am
Maxxx 450 is as heavy as other new generation tensor rubbers.

If you are looking for an improved version of the Rhyzm you should try the Victas V>01. It is very similar to Rhyzm but more powerful and spinnier than Rhyzm in my experience.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 2:14am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

If you are looking for an improved version of the Rhyzm you should try the Victas V>01. It is very similar to Rhyzm but more powerful and spinnier than Rhyzm in my experience.

Weight??
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 2:39am
For Maxxx 450 or V>01? 

Anyway both in max are between 46 and 50gr cut to 157x150 depending on the sample and on glue layers. 

I will open a new V>01 max soon and I will try to check more exactly. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 4:02am
i agree that the 450 is not built mainly for speed but rather for spin oriented game but it is not a slow rubber. its rather fast but not on the level of the rhyzm 48 degrees. it is very easy to spin though

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 5:59am
yes Maxxx 450 is actually quite fast and it's not too difficult to generate spin and speed but the big difference with Rhyzm is lack of power to reach maximum speed. But this should only be of concern for quite high-level players or intermediate players using a lot full-power shots. For most players there won't be lack of power with Maxxx 450.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 10:53am

Thanks for the input for the Victas V>01, I was curious but there isn't much info......being spinier than Rhyzm sounds intriguing, since I liked almost everything in Rhyzm, except it's spin. Is it comparable to T64? Merci
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 10:54am
LOL I meant : is  Victas>V01 comparable to the T64
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 2:14pm
personally I find T64 quite different from Rhyzm or V>01 because it is softer and has less power. But Maxxx 450 and V>01 stiff are closer to T64 in terms of hardness, speed and power.
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 4:03pm
Yogi, how does Maxxx 450 compare to Tenzone Ultra in terms of overall hardness, speed, and spin?

Edited by BMonkey - 10/24/2013 at 4:04pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 7:13pm
i think they are quite similar in all 3 aspects, in terms of preference i felt the ultra was better for fh and the 450 for the bh. the ultra has gears for the fh that the 450 doesnt have and also the TU seems to have more power in my fh shots

alexuganski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexuganski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 11:01pm
Sponge looks identical to Rasant, Bluefire, & Evolution. Open-porous, springy sponges every color of the rainbow! I wonder how long it will be until Chinese companies start making clones of open-pored Tensor rubbers...
Harimoto Innerforce ALC
FH: Dr Neubauer Killer Extreme 2.2
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1

Embrace the Dark Side.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 12:42pm

I am not agree with this. it's not soft rubber.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I am not agree with this. it's not soft rubber.

Well I didn't say it was a soft rubber...

I said it's a very soft rubber for 45 degrees
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic