Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 Neo bubble after 1 month

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
infinite_loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infinite_loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Neo bubble after 1 month
    Posted: 11/09/2013 at 10:29pm
I bought H3 Neo (commercial), and after playing twice a week for about a month, it already has a bubble from what seems like broken pips.

I don't think I hit so hard as to bubble rubbers. The only rubber I had managed to bubble before this was the 1st generation Outlaw, which was known to have bubble issues.

Never boosted/tuned it. I did use rubber cement to stick, not water based glue (my prior attempts attempts with Tear Mender have been disasters). But, that was only once. I didn't remove and reglue the rubber to the blade. I don't believe one layer of Elmer's rubber cement that I used would have stretched/expanded the rubber much.

I bought it from a reputable seller, so I trust the seller to not have sold a fake.

This is the first time buying a DHS rubber. I had always wanted to try them, but was reluctant to buy because of what I had heard about quality control. Finally I gave in and bought H3 Neo. I really like the feel of it "biting" the ball. Apart from occasional instability in throw angle, I liked it. Really disappointed when it developed a bubble so soon.

Is there any way to fix it? Maybe a small incision to inject a tiny amount of rubber cement in, and press down the bubble?

Was I just unlucky to have gotten one from a bad batch? So, should I give it one more try?

I am tempted to try H2 Neo. I assume it will have similar topsheet feel, but, with shorter and wider pips, is less vulnerable to bubbling.

Edited by infinite_loop - 11/10/2013 at 11:26am
Sponsored Links

viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 10:48pm
I have played with H3 Neo and never have I had a bubbling issue like that.I typically use Butterfly Free Chack or Donic free Chack. Maybe it was your glue but rubber cement should work equally well. 
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2013 at 11:01pm
buy the national version of dhs h3. Recall is 50usd. It would least 1+ year.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 4:04am
i've gone through a dozen sheets of TG3neo (commercial)... your particular sheet is just a fluke. I've used rubber cement and certain sheets were reglued probably 10 times or more... never had a bubble like that

i wouldn't give up on DHS rubbers if that's what you like
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
jobaumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobaumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 4:46am
I have the same problems with H3 and TG3 Neo rubbers (Tuned with falco long or Seamoon). The last ten sheets all bubbling after 2 weeks because the pips broke from the topsheet. I bought all the rubbers from ttnpp. Now i change to Friendship 729-08 because of the better Quality.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 7:44am
The quality control of DHS is not great... you likely just got a sheet that wasn't glued together well. From the picture it looks like the topsheet coming off the sponge causing the bubble... what makes you think the pips are broken? I think that is far less likely.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 8:25am
boosting or tuning too much weakens the bond between sponge and topsheet.. blocking excedingly hard topspins .. 

i had two one year old tg3s boosted and what not then one day during training blocking heavy tops bubble then 2 mins later another bubble.. then swaped for the other tg3 blocking tops spins and again.. bubble. 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 10:20am
I have used many DHS H3's, TG3, TG2 etc (all versions), never had a bubbling problem.  
Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro
infinite_loop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infinite_loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 11:31am
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try my luck one more time.
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 11:38am
I would suggest you get Prov. or Nat. version imo they play better and are lighter in weight. You still should use a speed glue for initial tuning.Cheapest place I have found is TT&PP.
Shifter
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 5:32pm
No reason to buy the Nat or Prov versions. The Quality of DHS is not nearly as poor as it used to be, and if you find a bubble sheet of Hurricane 3 NEO or whatever, it's not a common occurrence. I'd say you're safe to just get another sheet. 
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2013 at 7:18pm
I have just broken one new standard TG2 in few weeks using too much Dianchi booster.
Some hard rubbers can broken down quickly but it is not normal. In the speed glue age...I remember to use a TG2 rubber with a lot of speed glue during 2 years and others only for 3-4 weeks.
Trin_hoa_an View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trin_hoa_an Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2013 at 2:47pm
You can see, Dhs h3 commercial version 2012, 2013 usually bubble!!. I dont know why!. In my country tt players only play from 1 week to 3 week. But almost rubber developed. I think it depend on the quality checking of DHS company.
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2013 at 3:18am
My neo has not met any of these bubble problem. only the old tg and h3 does. the non vacuum version.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2013 at 7:30am
Just very unlucky, it looks a very nice sheet otherwise. I've been using dhs for years, very fast hitter and never had a pip fail. H2 does have wider pips and in theory would be stronger. Just buy another sheet chances are it'll never happen again in your lifetime
bonovox76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonovox76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2013 at 8:24am
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

buy the national version of dhs h3. Recall is 50usd. It would least 1+ year.

originals at 50$ ?
orange sponge version? or blue?
where u buy at that price?

my feedback
Yinhe T7
Tibhar evo MXP MAX both sides
neutronbomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neutronbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2013 at 9:45am
I practice counter looping and counter hitting a lot with a robot. I have found broken pips and bubbled sponge from glue separation to be a common problem with Chinese rubber, not just DHS. If it's a broken pip or two, you can make a small slice on the sponge with and exacto knife, take the pips out and glue it back down. Once the pips start breaking in one area, usually the center of the rubber, it just progresses. If it's just the topsheet and the sponge separating, you can separate the whole thing with boiling water and reglue the sponge and topsheet. 
I used to have two rackets of the exact same setup, one for practice and one for club/ tournaments. Now I just use Butterfly rubber, because their glue and rubber quality is so good. Tackifire plays like Chinese rubber IMO. 
USATT Rating 2059

FH Tibhar 5Q+

BH Giant Dragon Long

Hallmark Aurora
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2013 at 7:20pm
OP... It is just a $20 sheet of rubber. Cut your losses and get another sheet and hope you do not be strong-man and break more pips later.

Use the rubber to open difficult to open jars lids or use it to clean off glue residue or whatever.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2013 at 7:49pm
Sometimes chinese rubbers are a gamble!!!! i had a sheet of 802, i bought in china, that came bubbled 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
murian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 5:49pm
I have been playing with Hurricane 3 for a couple of years now. I am very disappointed of the quality control. Let's say that of 10 rubbers about 7 have bubbled after less than a month of playing. Most often it happens in less than 2 weeks. I buy them all from ttnpp and prott.cc. The last provincial, blue sponge in vacuum bubbled in less than a week. I boost all the rubbers until they develop a significant curve. Playing with Hurricane unboosted is almost impossible for me.  
roger_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 5:59pm
Hi,
just 2 questions:

How do you boost your rubber?

On the bare sponge or after put some glue layers?

And which booster do you use?

Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

murian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 6:11pm
I used Dian Chi a while ago and at present I use a booster made by TT Revolution. Old Hurricanes do not have any glue on them so I would boost them by applying the booster directly on the sponge. The Neo ones I tried both removing the factory glue and boosting directly on the sponge and applying the boost on factory glue. The result is the same. They curl into a nice dome. I put about 4 layers of booster. Maybe I should use less, but then I'm not sure I will like the feeling of the rubber. 
roger_rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger_rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 6:55pm
Hi,
just have a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrc8lixJ4r8

Any booster will work.

Good booster: dianchi, seamoon and falco tempo long booster.

Always glue your rubber first(2 layers) with VOC free glue.

And let the glue layer completely dry before put the next layer / booster.

The most important: don't over boost the rubber!

Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

murian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 7:11pm
Thanks. 
Waldme1ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldme1ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 8:10pm
What's the reason for applying glue before booster? Wouldn't it work on bare sponge too?
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Waldme1ster Waldme1ster wrote:

What's the reason for applying glue before booster? Wouldn't it work on bare sponge too?

To slow down the absorption of the booster, so you don't over boost. It gives your room to experiment on the number of layers you need. :)
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 10:29pm
To some members, when you say you have experience with bubble dhs, please state that what kind of bubble did you have. There are 2 types.
1. broken pips 
2. Pips come loose from sponge.  Bad glue process. Dead
They are different. And it will clarify lot of confusion.

Edited by aroonkl - 11/22/2014 at 10:30pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

The quality control of DHS is not great... you likely just got a sheet that wasn't glued together well. From the picture it looks like the topsheet coming off the sponge causing the bubble... what makes you think the pips are broken? I think that is far less likely.

Its not matter of quality control, just lesser quality rubbers are sold for cheaper markets this is the one that bubbles, the best batches are strongly glued to the sponge, i know a guy who buy stuff from hk in   expensive stores and their rubbers wont bubble  no matter how much booster  like 7-9 layers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic