Seller's Notes:

View the seller's For Sale page.
 Buyer's Review (0)
  Product Quality:
  Communication:
  Payment:
  Shipping:
  Overall:
No feedback for this seller yet. Be the first to post a feedback.
 Forum Assessment
This seller has not been assessed by moderators yet. Request assessment
 Assessed by moderators.
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: Brand New Yasaka Rubber from 1975
    Posted: 11/21/2013 at 2:01pm
In 1975 (give or take a couple of years) a local sporting goods store was selling off their table tennis stuff.  I didn't actually know anything about table tennis but I was fascinated with the idea so I bought two sheets of rubber.  Those two sheets of rubber sat unopened and unused from then until now.

Clearly, anyone buying these is after a collector's item or for nostalgia.  Maybe you have an old 1975 paddle and you'd like to put real 1975 rubber on it.  The bad news is that both of these sheets are red but the good news is that if you're playing by 1975 rules, you could still have the same color on both sides.

Package #1 is Yasaka Mark V in 2.00mm, color red.  Package #2 is Yasaka Hi-Original, also 2.0mm in red.  Both packages are in their original plastic wrap but the Mark V plastic wrap is torn along the right side.  Of course, this shouldn't be an issue for the rubber but I want to be thorough.

My price is $90 for both sheets, plus $10 shipping in the USA.  For shipping outside the USA, please contact me and I'll see what the real cost will be.

Pictures:

Yasaka Rubber 1975

Yasaka Rubber 1975

Yasaka Rubber 1975

Yasaka Rubber 1975
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 3:07pm
as far as I'm concerned, any rubber as old as these, no matter how well you have kept them in freezer or vacuum-packed bag (was there such think in 1975?), these rubbers are just serving no purpose other than for the owner to just stare @ them & dream...
That's about it.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

as far as I'm concerned, any rubber as old as these, no matter how well you have kept them in freezer or vacuum-packed bag (was there such think in 1975?), these rubbers are just serving no purpose other than for the owner to just stare @ them & dream...
That's about it.

There is some point to that.  But I was thinking more of someone who wanted to assemble a "classic" smooth paddle of the 1960s-1970s and would like some "new" rubber.  From a playing point of view, I doubt that any rubber or that era (even fresh from the manufacturer) would have the power or spin of a modern rubber. 

If I had been a serious player in the 1970s, I would be tempted to pull out whatever paddle I saved from those days, put these rubbers on it, and then frame it on the wall. Of course, I could be way off in the price, but I figure if someone wants it for a different price, they'll let me know.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2013 at 12:54pm
Just to be clear, I will consider all offers.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2016 at 1:26pm
I just realize that I still have these and I'd still consider all offers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic