Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stiga Infinity VPS vs Viscaria FL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Infinity VPS vs Viscaria FL
    Posted: 11/22/2013 at 1:16am

Posting this on behalf of my friend in the club : 

Need suggestion from experts on how Stiga Infinity VPS compares with Viscaria FL. My current setup is Visacaia FL 84g, FH: Tenergy 80 max, BH: Rakza 7 soft 2.0. Also please suggest on how current set of rubbers will react on Inifinty. My playing style is predominantly backhand (flick, near table loops, drives) offensive near-to-middistance . Forehand mid-distance looping, driving. Sometimes I also engage into backhand pushes / sharp cuts. 

Thanks. 

Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2013 at 2:28am
That text... unlegible
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2013 at 4:48am
Request anyone to reply
Amit Agarwal

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2013 at 5:26am
I have only had a short knock with either blade. But the difference between them is 'generic'. That is, Viscaria is a fast composite +wood blade while the Infinity is a lively 5-ply all-wood blade.
Let's say the operating range of blades can be put on a 0-10, slow to fast scale.
The infinity would be 4-8 and the Viscaria 6-9.
So infinity has a wider range of controlled shots so suits the person playing close to table, mid-range all-round style, think Waldner. 
While Viscaria suits those who attack relentlessly from close to long range from table, think of ZJK.
But it comes down to what the individual likes and not what particularly suits him. Me, I love the feeling that I get when I whack the ball with a fast blade even though I know that blade doesn't help my win/loss ratio.Cry
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2013 at 7:59am
Good explaination Tinykin, anyone who has personally played with Infinity plz share their expereince
Amit Agarwal

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2013 at 10:47am
The other difference will be in how it feels when you hit the ball.  The Viscaria will be quite a lot like your Maze.  Relatively stiff, but with a soft feel owing to outer ply, not much sense of vibration, a sort of muffled feel.  Balls hit slightly off center will still be played well which makes things sometimes feel effortless, but takes a certain level to master short game  The Infinity is flexible and vibrates more, but at the same time the outer ply is quite hard.  It may be slower, but not necessarily more forgiving, depends on what kind of shots you are playing.  How it plays will depend also on rubber more.  My guess is most people who play with European and Japanese rubbers would prefer the Viscaria.  People accustomed to playing with tuned Chinese rubber on their forehand could go either way.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2013 at 1:06pm
The infinity feels soft compared to Viscaria.
Best thing about inf. is the soft and control touch and its allround all wood capabilities.
Worse part than Viscaria is the powerloop performance and somewhat dead feeling.
Viscaria is much crisper than infinity.
Blocking is very good in both blades. More control with infinity but more speed to counter block with Viscaria.
Fortunately we do not have to choose one. So may have the two.
The problem i see with the infinity is that is a blade challenging to be more active. Otherwise one tends to play passive.
The Viscaria works well providing power without effort.
If i had to choose one at my level i would get a Viscaria.

Edited by ejmaster - 11/24/2013 at 1:21pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

The infinity feels soft compared to Viscaria.
Best thing about inf. is the soft and control touch and its allround all wood capabilities.
Worse part than Viscaria is the powerloop performance and somewhat dead feeling.
Viscaria is much crisper than infinity.
Blocking is very good in both blades. More control with infinity but more speed to counter block with Viscaria.
Fortunately we do not have to choose one. So may have the two.
The problem i see with the infinity is that is a blade challenging to be more active. Otherwise one tends to play passive.
The Viscaria works well providing power without effort.
If i had to choose one at my level i would get a Viscaria.

I agree to what has been said mostly by ejmaster.  It is always a preference of using all wood to composite and i have never liked the feel of composite in short game. Am trying out Infinity VPS now and i have used Maze in the past and in that comparison i think i like the short game and 3 feet from the table all round play with Infinity VPS ; It has huge feel and speed/control ratio in that aspect compared to any composite bladed. Infinity VPS feels good at blocking too though not direct/crisp. If you purely a power looper you may have to put in more effort yourself than the advantage you may get using composite blades . On Power loops with VPS away from the table it gave me a kind of vibrations on my palms which reminded me of Avalox P 500 but not as much as Avalox /runlox 5 series a little more muted feel - not sure still if i like that feel or not :) but definitely like the blade.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2013 at 5:18pm
Yep, that is really what it comes down to.  They are very different.  If you like composite blades (which is my very strong preference) you will prefer Viscaria, but if you like all-wood (and definitely some people do), you will prefer Infinity.  They are two very different animals as Tinykin said at the beginning.  Some people like dogs, some people like cats.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2013 at 5:47pm
I agree with its about preferences in allwood and composite.
I have tried both. Viscaria with different rubber and my infinity with omega v and vega jap.
I don't know why many people likes viscaria I dislike everything even though I tried many times.
But if you mainly play on mid distance you would be better stay with viscaria.
Closer to table would be better with infinity.
If you feel your close needs a better equipment it is wise to change it to infinity but somehow your mid distance would be not as good.
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2013 at 8:49pm
infinity is softer than viscaria?? i thought ppl said it's similar to korbel, which is medium hardness in feel as far as blades go?
smash_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smash_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 6:14pm
Does anyone know if Infinity VPS is faster (or slower) than the Rosewood XO? Also how the throw, linearity and control compare to XO?
Seems to me these two are the most comparable and close Stiga all wood blades. Both are the "new" size of 150mm by 155... a size I've always loved and played with only for past 5 years (as it allows better clearance on BH flick openings, and tends to allow faster hand speed).

Blade: Hinoki Wood (now trying ZLF)
Rubbers: Tenergy 05 and 05FX
bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 6:26pm
Infinity VPS needs general your own power, when you loop or block. Is good control when you loop or drive. I'd say is a good blade if you have a lot of power..I did try, just feel too tired to play with wood blade..I'm selling it now..

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63272&title=fs-infinity-vps-v-fl-ti54-hh-ii-hh-cpen

Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

LethalForehand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LethalForehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 8:09pm
infinity is slower than the rosewoods
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 9:33pm
And distinctly harder than a Viscaria.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Yep, that is really what it comes down to.  They are very different.  If you like composite blades (which is my very strong preference) you will prefer Viscaria, but if you like all-wood (and definitely some people do), you will prefer Infinity.  They are two very different animals as Tinykin said at the beginning.  Some people like dogs, some people like cats.

I was tracking until the end... I have 6 dogs and 2 cats.. I love both!
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 11:32pm
@ the Theologian:  Judging from your signature, you are similarly ecumenical about your blade preferences.  But a lot of people aren't. 
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 9:33pm
I have played with it for a year, and it's all-round offensive blade. u can play a blocking game and passive if u want. u can also play faster with topspin if u want. this blade isn't really that fast in comparison with other blades. I'm currently using zetroquad xiom because it's much more flexible than infinity vps. I felt that vps requires way too much time in the beginning to get the feel for the ball because of it's hardness even though that's where it gets its speed, but it's not even that fast in comparison with other offensive blades. it doesn't go well with hurricane 3 because when u hit thru the ball it has like harsh cracking, vibrating rebound feeling in ur hand and this didn't feel satisfying in my loops, and I feel like this messes up my touch shots if I do like a smash and then try drop shot. honestly this is a decent one to buy if ur strong enough to generate ur own power in ur loops and don't have that much money
Feng Shuei
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by m123456 m123456 wrote:

I have played with it for a year, and it's all-round offensive blade. u can play a blocking game and passive if u want. u can also play faster with topspin if u want. this blade isn't really that fast in comparison with other blades. I'm currently using zetroquad xiom because it's much more flexible than infinity vps. I felt that vps requires way too much time in the beginning to get the feel for the ball because of it's hardness even though that's where it gets its speed, but it's not even that fast in comparison with other offensive blades. it doesn't go well with hurricane 3 because when u hit thru the ball it has like harsh cracking, vibrating rebound feeling in ur hand and this didn't feel satisfying in my loops, and I feel like this messes up my touch shots if I do like a smash and then try drop shot. honestly this is a decent one to buy if ur strong enough to generate ur own power in ur loops and don't have that much money

There are two different versions of the Infinity -- the original (155x150mm) and the newer version (157x150mm). I have one of each. They play decidedly differently. As one would guess, the larger Infinity has more flex and hence, a little more dwell. It is more forgiving of your timing and on your bat angle, and it also seems to have more gears (i.e. slower on slower swings, and possibly as fast or faster on bigger swings). Over the table it is a little less direct (flicks, etc).mdue to the flex and longer dwell. The larger Infinity is more head heavy (e.g. feels, 80:20%, head:handle) while the smaller one is a little bit more balanced (e.g. feels, 70:30%).

I've gone back and forth between the two. I like the balance of the smaller Infinity but I prefer the control and gears of the larger one. Looks like I'll be sticking with the larger Infinity.
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2017 at 12:37pm
 I recently got an Infinity blade myself, being a Viscaria player.

I would echo what most have already said.  The feeling on the Infinity is definitely harder than Viscaria.
Gotta agree with the speed comparison given by Tinykin.

Im not sure I will stick with the Stiga blade yet. I might have to try with different rubbers and see what combination best fits with my play. It does give me more control BUT it also does require more effort during counter looping exchanges. 
It has given my a new appreciation for my Viscaria blade and its power.

FdT

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic