FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS Hurricane 8?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Hurricane 8?!
    Posted: 11/25/2013 at 7:53pm
I know people's seen the Hurricane 8 listed in the ITTF rubber stamps, but Prott.cc is actually selling it? Any thoughts? 

Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
Sponsored Links

rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2013 at 9:23pm
My thought would be just use whatever you comfortable with.. i m using the h3 provincial blue sponge untuned version and it still the same after 6 months.... ^^
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2013 at 10:53pm
I'm curious to know if any of the chinese national team has actually switched to the rubber, if the rubber was really "made for the chinese national team" like prott.cc's description.  Maybe at the next major event, hopefully we'll get some clear footage or even photos of their gear.

I'm tempted to order a sheet in the meantime.  I wonder what they could've changed?
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2013 at 5:52am
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

I'm curious to know if any of the chinese national team has actually switched to the rubber, if the rubber was really "made for the chinese national team" like prott.cc's description.  Maybe at the next major event, hopefully we'll get some clear footage or even photos of their gear.

I'm tempted to order a sheet in the meantime.  I wonder what they could've changed?

To be honest, I doubt it will be much. But yes, I am tempted to buy a sheet just so I can see the real difference LOL
Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2013 at 9:18am
I see on the ITTF site they also have a Hurricane 9 listed. Wonder when we will see a review on these new rubbers ?
Shifter
ansonlau3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansonlau3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2013 at 11:53am
It is fake !
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2013 at 2:18pm
There is also a guy on E-Bay who sells these, but his I think are fakes. Not sure about these.
I'm Nate
BLADE: YEO Cpen
BH: Xiom Omega IV Asia/Pogo pips out
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 neo

Blade: Nittaku Ruforal Jpen
FH: Nittaku Renanos Soft
RPB: focus 3 snipe<
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2013 at 12:05am
I just got an answer from the  Ms Hui Su Hong Hong Kong headcoach as i was enquiring about the DHS H8 National, her replied was it is not national version  as it is only market version at this stage and it is just been release  in China.

She also said at this stage the only national rubbers would be h3 and tg series not H8 because if it is national version, Hong Kong team would received  the sponsored rubbers as well.SmileSmile

Edited by rossicarbon - 12/06/2013 at 12:07am
rick_ys_ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick_ys_ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2014 at 12:46am
Some Taobao stores started accepting pre-orders, and mentioned they would be available in July.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.9.ZCyuP4&id=39008300752&ns=1#detail

Hopefully they will be available soon.
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2014 at 11:23am
Any news on this rubber, when it will be made available for players around the World? 
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 12:21am
Taobao has just start selling it for real. But pretty limited supply and big jump of 50% from initial pre-ordered price.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2014 at 6:13am
Originally posted by rossicarbon rossicarbon wrote:

My thought would be just use whatever you comfortable with.. i m using the h3 provincial blue sponge untuned version and it still the same after 6 months.... ^^

No way my friend...Maybe you said that just to mention on something, but not at all the same after 6 months.I had the national rubber and after 1,5/2 months started to fade slowly...
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 1:14am
Anyone got to try this out yet? I'm wondering what the differences are VS good old Hurricane 2/3?
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 3:38am
The H8 is softer, more elastic, more sticky and more grippy than a H3neo. I felt difficult to hit hard the ball with the same consistancy than H3. But it's really easier to catch the ball when topspin on heavy backspin balls. Just like the Hurricane were looking in the direction of tenergys.
The results were better on a carbon blade, on my 506 woody blade it was too soft and not consistant on hard topspins.
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic