Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Bluefire M1 vs Evolution MX-P : Throw angle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
login View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluefire M1 vs Evolution MX-P : Throw angle
    Posted: 01/04/2014 at 12:34pm

Throw angle,

Bluefire M1 > Evoltion MX-P ?

or M1 < MX-P ?

Sponsored Links

dr_stalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 2:22pm
Bluefire M1 > Evoltion MX-P
Blade: BUTTERFLY M.Maze OFF
FH: BUTTERFLY Tenergy 05 2,1
BH: NITTAKU Flyatt Hard super thick
Tibhar77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibhar77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 3:33pm
which one is more like T05?

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 8:08pm
I would say MX-P, but neither have exactly the same feel as T05, but both (MX-P and M1) are good and all three are designed for the same kind of player obviously.  If you are not really into super hard sponges, I would say that El-P actually gives me more of what I like in T05.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 11:18pm
if you're looking to have a rubber with same speed as T05 - you should choose MX-P.
if you're looking to have a rubber with same spin as T05 - you should choose Bluefire M1.
if you're looking to have a rubber with same topsheet grip as T05 - you shouls choose Bluefire JP1.
but no any rubber can be replacement for ALL charcteristics of T05 in one place.
we have 5 generations of ESN-tensors since speed glue ban, but T05 is eternal from that time.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 11:46pm
I pretty much agree with dr_stalker except I have not tried JP1.  Nothing feels the same.  BUT, these new ESN rubbers are getting closer and are close enough that with a bit of practice you would probably play fairly similarly.  Actually some people like these rubbers better than T05, but not me.
login View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2014 at 11:57pm
hmm.. I've heard..

SPEED : M1 > MX-P

SPIN : M1 < MX-P ..

They were wrong?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2014 at 2:36am
Originally posted by login login wrote:

hmm.. I've heard..

They were wrong?

maybe depends of which blade they use.
my opinions based on ALC-blades such as Timo Boll Spirit and Maze.
it's possible that MX-P and M1 plays a little bit different on hinoki-carbon or all-wood blades.
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2014 at 3:38am
I'm one of the people who have chosen MX-P over M1 and T05.
M1 has a harder feel.
M1 has higher throw on slow opening loops but the same throw on everything else compared to MX-P.
MX-P spins better, especially in the short game.
M1 lasts a lot more than MX-P. My MX-P is nearly gone after 90 hrs.
Both throw lower than T05. Both spin less in the short game. T05 can generate excellent spin with small wrist movements especially on pushes.
After you open up the point and step 2-3 steps back, they are both better than T05 (more direct, lesser arc, faster).
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2014 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by dr_stalker dr_stalker wrote:

Originally posted by login login wrote:

hmm.. I've heard..

They were wrong?

maybe depends of which blade they use.
my opinions based on ALC-blades such as Timo Boll Spirit and Maze.
it's possible that MX-P and M1 plays a little bit different on hinoki-carbon or all-wood blades.

I agree again, since my experience is on a Viscaria.  All-wood might be different.
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2014 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

I'm one of the people who have chosen MX-P over M1 and T05.
M1 has a harder feel.
M1 has higher throw on slow opening loops but the same throw on everything else compared to MX-P.
MX-P spins better, especially in the short game.
M1 lasts a lot more than MX-P. My MX-P is nearly gone after 90 hrs.
Both throw lower than T05. Both spin less in the short game. T05 can generate excellent spin with small wrist movements especially on pushes.
After you open up the point and step 2-3 steps back, they are both better than T05 (more direct, lesser arc, faster).

mx-p is more like a chinese rubber.
if your footwork is excellent and your shots too you can get more offensive shots than with tenergy.
tenergy beats it in the part that it is easier to play, specially when looping out of position or with bad stroke.
it's like somehow the loops always end in the table with decent quality.
with mx-p you feel more under pressure when counterlooping.

Edited by puppy412 - 01/05/2014 at 6:51pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2014 at 5:28am

the biggest problem with both these rubbers (MX-P and M1) and all others from same tensors generation is pre-tuning booster. it's well-known that all ESN-rubbers tuned with new european booster (pay your attention to smell and decrease in size after cutting and glueing). they plays good for around 2, maximally 3 months and then all their benefits disappears.

first of all, speed of rubbers becomes slower. spin becomes worse too.
I need the stability in rubbers playing first of all, so I don't like rubbers which changing their characteristics form week to week.
so, for example,  I prefer to use original japanese rubbers T05 and NITTAKU Flyatt family.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2014 at 7:06am
I agree with Drstalker. I hate using rubbers that degrade just because of booster loss.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 1:41am

the biggest problem with both these rubbers (MX-P and M1) and all others from same tensors generation is pre-tuning booster. it's well-known that all ESN-rubbers tuned with new european booster (pay your attention to smell and decrease in size after cutting and glueing). they plays good for around 2, maximally 3 months and then all their benefits disappears.

I need the stability in rubbers playing first of all, so I don't like rubbers which changing their characteristics form week to week.
so, for example,  I prefer to use original japanese rubbers T05 and NITTAKU Flyatt family.

Flyatt top sheet and sponge both resembles a little like Stiga Calibra LT series ; How long does your Flyatt rubber lasts without loosing top sheet grip on your BH ? 

ZJK SZLC |5Q+
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 5:17am
M1 surely lifts backspin more than T05 and MX-P. That is, looping against backspin, M1 throws higher for sure.

Regarding throw against block, I am confused. I tried a new mx-p and I felt it threw higher than my m1. Months later I tried the same mx-p (worn) and it threw a lot lower.

IMHO , M1 is a better rubber than both T05 and MX-P. It allows you to attack more balls, especially against backspin, and to vary more. This is because of the harder topsheet and greater grip. It resembles a speed glued H3 much more than t05 and mxp.

Edited by seguso - 06/17/2014 at 5:19am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 8:17am
I haven't played with glued H3, but H3 neo and MX-p are totally different kinds of rubbers. Perhaps, because i came from H3 on FH it was difficult in the beginning to play with MX_P. The evo is jumpy, lower throw and i couldn't make fast topspin (as fast as with H3). I was used to play whit chinese type rubbers and the Evo seemed to me very soft so i didn't engage the sponge enough. For BH I found it very good. Fast, spinny. After some play  i'm getting used to MX-P on the forehand. It has very good feel and control. I think it is good close to the table play (Samsonov style) and need bigger swing for looping.
Haven't used M1 but don't believe there is euro tensor type rubber similar to H3. Just very different technology in the top sheets. (excluding here hybrid rubbers like Thor, Grip S, etc.)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 8:57am

+1
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 9:12am

the biggest problem with both these rubbers (MX-P and M1) and all others from same tensors generation is pre-tuning booster. it's well-known that all ESN-rubbers tuned with new european booster ... they plays good for around 2, maximally 3 months and then all their benefits disappears.

To me that's not a real problem :) , because after 1 month, 40 days tops, you have to replace them anyway, because of the loss of grip. Mind you, they still play good, but too different from new ones (lower throw). So you can't play with them, because if you do, then , when you open new rubbers, you would need one week to adjust. And you can't do that during the season.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

because after 1 month, 40 days tops, you have to replace them anyway, because of the loss of grip.

Wow, how many times a week do you play? Replacing each month makes it an expensive option for FH. I love it on BH (2.0 thickness) but there, they last 2.5 months even if I'm finicky on grip. Do you brush a lot on FH? Could you post a video of your match using M1?
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 10:47am
Hi, I play 3-4 times a week for 2.5 hours. I am talking about fh only. Of course on bh they last twice as long or more. I don't have a video with M1, only old videos, sorry.
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 3:44am
Seguso, is there tensor or another japanese rubber that will last longer than 40-50 hours of play without significant decreasement of their properties? I'll be disappointed if my MX-P die so young :)
The young players in our club replace their rubbers every mount but they play 6 hours a day.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 3:51am
Originally posted by BaiMile BaiMile wrote:

Seguso, is there tensor or another japanese rubber that will last longer than 40-50 hours of play without significant decreasement of their properties?

Sorry, I don't know if there is one. I don't think such a rubber exists, tensor or not...

Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 10:27am
In Germany all the pros who changed T05 got theirself MX-P and not the Bluefire M1... Actually I would just trust them and play MX-P rather then M1. 

Me personal I played both and MX-P feels much more as a professional rubber than M1, Evoulution is just closer to Tenergy -> japanese rubber while M1 is the best ESN can offer. Furthermore when it comes to throw I found MX-P higher throw and spinnier than M1 and it was just better to loop and create spin in hard and slow topspins.
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 1:24pm
I think when someone has used to specific rubber, it's seem to him better that other rubbers. It's necessary someone to play for two weeks at least to give their objective opinion. Everything else is just a try.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 4:43pm
empty talks
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2014 at 4:50pm
it is really personal preferences!!! the best advice you can get is:

try both and decide for yourself!
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2016 at 5:55pm

M1 surely lifts backspin more than T05 and MX-P. That is, looping against backspin, M1 throws higher for sure.

Regarding throw against block, I am confused. I tried a new mx-p and I felt it threw higher than my m1. Months later I tried the same mx-p (worn) and it threw a lot lower.

IMHO , M1 is a better rubber than both T05 and MX-P. It allows you to attack more balls, especially against backspin, and to vary more. This is because of the harder topsheet and greater grip. It resembles a speed glued H3 much more than t05 and mxp.

Any reason to go back to t05 after such a strong statement?

I'm using M1 and waiting for a sheet of mxp. I find your review about M1 pretty accurate, just not really bad for blocks, I just have a hard time pushing with it.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2016 at 6:31pm
I've been playing both for a couple of years and they're quite close. Maybe mxp bit lower throw and slower but not that much. Don't hesitate with that, both are nice rubber but are far away from Tenergy.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Nasche Nasche wrote:

IMHO , M1 is a better rubber than both T05 and MX-P.

Any reason to go back to t05 after such a strong statement?

Simply, I'm not good enough for M1. If used on a hard blade, it just takes a good fast push or a well placed fast block, and I loop into the net. (any hard rubber, even if high throw, becomes low throw if you don't hit hard enough)

If you have the skill, I still believe it is better than T05.

Originally posted by Nasche Nasche wrote:

I'm using M1 and waiting for a sheet of mxp. I find your review about M1 pretty accurate, just not really bad for blocks, I just have a hard time pushing with it.

Most players I know say that M1 is great at blocking and pushing.

Edited by seguso - 04/22/2016 at 2:46am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2016 at 12:10pm
The MXP is FASTER than Tenergy but a notch slower than M1 but MXP is definitely spinnier than M1. The evolution series is a class of their own among euro rubbers.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic