Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speed Glue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2014 at 9:38pm
I have to say, it was a pain.  I don't miss that part.
Sponsored Links

tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2014 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

I'm happy speed gluing days are over! What a mess and hassle that was plus all the bad stuff that got into your skin and fumes going into your lungs.
Where I work I have a paint or spray hood that exhausts the fumes outside.  If I open the sliding door just high enough for my hands to fit through the fumes don't escape.  I never get speed glue on my hands.

However,  I do find it a pain and the rear do speed glue rubbers and so far I have only tried in on Dawei IQUL.   I wouldn't speed glue a rubber that costs more than $20.

I simply don't see where it is worth the effort.  No matter what rubber I have I know I am the limiting factor. 

My coach experiments with boosted and perhaps speed glue rubbers against me during my lessons.  I don't see where it makes a difference in his play.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2014 at 11:00pm
I am almost tempted to get an old sheet of rubber and glue it up just so I can remind myself what it feels like.  After 5 years I wonder if my memories are accurate or if I would even like it anymore.  But if memory serves, I liked it a lot and it definitely made a difference in the way I played, but not on every shot.  Problem is that I don't actually have any rubbers around the house where it would be likely to produce any sort of optimum effect.
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 8:47am

J.O. Waldner disagrees on the speed glue ban...

He said in an interview, "Speed gluing was harmless". 
Here's a complete interview on Waldner from Tabletennista.eu, posted Jan. 13, 2014.
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by regiz.rugenz regiz.rugenz wrote:

Here's a complete interview on Waldner from Tabletennista.eu, posted Jan. 13, 2014.

If you're going to put quotes, at least do it right.  This was the original quote:
"Speedgluing should have been allowed to continue providing it was harmless."

He's not saying it was harmless, he's saying that IF it was harmless it should have be allowed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 10:43am
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

If you're going to put quotes, at least do it right.  This was the original quote:
"Speedgluing should have been allowed to continue providing it was harmless."

He's not saying it was harmless, he's saying that IF it was harmless it should have be allowed.

-1 for your negative remark... 
       and make that x3 as I explained below.

FIRST OFF..
The quote I posted here came straight from the author himself of that article, translated into British English from an interview on Waldner in Swedish posted recently on a European blogger. Besides, do you really know how exactly Waldner said it on the interview? and if so then translate it in a way how it should be exactly quoted in English.. if you really are that quote sensitive.

SECONDLY..
Did you know there's a use of context clues to entirely understand an article? rather than entirely misinterpreting it, by relying only on a single quote within the context, here's a clue for one.. let us suppose your perception was right, the quote then would have been translated as: 

“Speed gluing would have been allowed to continue providing it was harmless"

and not..

“Speed gluing should have been allowed to continue providing it was harmless” 

GOT the idea?
and that still doesn’t conclude from there...
you’ve got the entire article full of context clues.

THIRDLY..
Content proof read first before you make a negative remark onto one's post.
And so next time, if you want to comment negatively, well.. at least do it right. 

PEACE everyone!!! °Q(ツ)

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 01/23/2014 at 10:55pm
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 5:32pm
So I mixed:
Rubber cement 30%
Nail polish remove 40 %(this stuff has to have a ton of VOC's in it)

Baby oil 10%

Frebreze 5% (to mask the smell of the nail polish and for the extra hint of Voc's)

and some random oils from the Kutchen 5%

This stuff made the loudest sound and played like a speed glue but didn't expand the rubber that much

I'm Nate
BLADE: YEO Cpen
BH: Xiom Omega IV Asia/Pogo pips out
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 neo

Blade: Nittaku Ruforal Jpen
FH: Nittaku Renanos Soft
RPB: focus 3 snipe<
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by n8stee n8stee wrote:

So I mixed:
Rubber cement 30%

Baby oil 10%

Frebreze 5% (to mask the smell of the nail polish and for the extra hint of Voc's)

This stuff made the loudest sound and played like a speed glue but didn't expand the rubber that much

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by puppy412 puppy412 wrote:

So I mixed:
Rubber cement 30%

Baby oil 10%

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg
Shocked
I'm Nate

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 6:10pm
On a related note: rubber cements from different brands vary in viscosity. How/what do you use make RC thinner?
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

On a related note: rubber cements from different brands vary in viscosity. How/what do you use make RC thinner?

it was Elmer rubber cement
I'm Nate

n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 6:25pm

Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

it was Elmer rubber cement, plus it you these liquid thin it.
I'm Nate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 6:57pm

might probably do as well with just a pure acetone, since nail polish remover are usually just a percent of acetone with perfume in it.
Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2014 at 6:59pm

might probably do as well with just a pure acetone, since nail polish remover are usually just a percent of acetone with perfume in it.

Trust me the stuff I was using does not have perfume in it
I'm Nate

puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2014 at 5:36pm
just boosted a provincial h3 I had with "drstringfellow" + "haifu whale" speed glue.
first time this rubber is boosted but it's already much softer and bouncier, almost like an euro rubber.
spin also increased!

Edited by puppy412 - 01/25/2014 at 5:41pm
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2014 at 6:07pm
I use The Haifu Whale 2 speed glue on my H3 nat. and prov., and then put 2 to 3 layers of Falco Long booster and I think they are just as fast if not faster than any Tenergy or Tensor rubber when I hit into the sponge.
Shifter
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2014 at 6:21pm

So I mixed:
Rubber cement 30%

Baby oil 10%

what is frebreeze?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2014 at 7:42pm
It is stuff you spray into the air that is supposed to remove bad smells in your house.  I have no idea how it works.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2014 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

So I mixed:
Rubber cement 30%

Baby oil 10%

what is frebreeze?
Fabric softener you put in your washing machine to make clothes smell nice and fresh.
Apparently, they have aerosol version that can be used as an air freshener. Not sure if this is a healthy practice.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2014 at 9:12pm
me and chuck just use H3 off the shelf , just glue and play
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

So I mixed:
Rubber cement 30%

Baby oil 10%

what is frebreeze?
Fabric softener you put in your washing machine to make clothes smell nice and fresh.
Apparently, they have aerosol version that can be used as an air freshener. Not sure if this is a healthy practice.

Oh well dumped it any ways... Too much work
I'm Nate

n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

It is stuff you spray into the air that is supposed to remove bad smells in your house.  I have no idea how it works.

Air fresheners have VOC's in them so I threw it into the mix to kill the smell and add some more VOC's...
Health no... But what speed glue is?
I'm Nate

n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2014 at 9:03am

Yah but I didn't have any of that just laying around.LOL
I'm Nate

Cochese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cochese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 5:41pm
Bringing up an old thread here, but I never got to experience the speed glue days.

Would the lem-oil stuff work with normal rubber cement?
Tibhar SPW
Adidas P7 Max/Vega Euro 1.8
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 10:24pm
No.  Go find some rubber vucanizer at an auto parts store.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2014 at 10:55pm

Just remember to wear your biohazard suits and have a fire extinguisher handy when mixing all that stuff together.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Cochese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cochese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 12:38am
This is the stuff right?

Edited by Cochese - 12/19/2014 at 12:40am
Tibhar SPW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 2:21am
Howah! where did you get that? LOL!

BTW, I find lem oil to work just fine with Elmer's glue alone.. will not dome or boost too much, just enough to get some extra kick and gives you enormous control. I just don't know if it works on most rubbers though.. I've used it only on Rasants, Tenergies, Rhyzm on a max, and few good not so pricey rubbers. 

I've to say I don't boost my rubbers anymore, that after I found the right blade for me.

Regiz°ᆗ
°°°°
Cochese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cochese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 8:54am
They sell it at auto part stores, O'Rielly and Advanced Auto both stock it in my area. Gonna have to order some cheap 729 rubber or something and give it a try.

Question....do you apply it just like normal glue? One layer on rubber, one layer on blade, let dry and stick it on

Edited by Cochese - 12/19/2014 at 9:16am
Tibhar SPW
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2014 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Cochese Cochese wrote:

Bringing up an old thread here, but I never got to experience the speed glue days.

Would the lem-oil stuff work with normal rubber cement?

d-limonene works as a booster
mixes with rubber cement
effect is temporary, less than one day, as it evaporates
also depends on rubber you are using.
reguling or speed gluing means you need to add more/reglue often
d-limonene is not a harmful solvent.

I mix d-limonene with paraffin oil and use on the top surface of my rubbers.
It restores the grip/tackiness.   Whether this has any speed glue effect, I'm not sure.

Edited by pdotec - 12/19/2014 at 10:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic