Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Xiom Vega Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 5:19pm
for few days now a've been playing with my vega pro with xiom omega tour and raxza x the first attributes of this blade is the control you can easily direct the blade whereever you want it to be and it is more forgiving but the speed is not much of the hayabusa zxi or the zetro quad but is has the finishing power which the hayabuza zxi lack of, imho. Sorry to hear that to some other folks the quality for them is not good enough i find xiom blades has better qualities and can be compared to high end blades such as zlc's . Don't get me wrong am a butterfly user as well but if you dont have the money to splurge for expensive blades i think you can find the qualities which you looking for in a higher end blades. I played with hayabusa zxi, axelo,stradivarius, zetro quad,fuga,quad vI and now the vega pro. zetro quad and axelo where my two favorites blades from xiom.
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2015 at 5:21pm
My blade chipped in a manner similar to ahsq describes but sin e I am into playing with blades and don't care whether they look pretty, I didn't give it a second thought. Sounds like ahsq has a worse case as well.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 7:01am
I have many Xiom blades and among them 2 Vega Pro and 1 Vega Euro and didn't have any quality problem. I also some of the Zephylium coming out from the edges but only because I reduced the playing surface through sanding the edges. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 11:30am
maybe mine was a special case, anyways not a fan of xiom blades, their rubbers rock though. 
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2015 at 2:35am
Just got this blade earlier this week to replace the Axelo. I have Sigma 2 Pro on fh and DHS G555 on bh. The G555 is a bit heavy so the balance of the blade is a little towards the head. Will be replacing it as soon as I have saved enough money.

Bouncing the ball on the S2P side felt hard, harder than the Axelo with Omega V Pro. I did not like the way it felt at first. But when I got to the table to do drills, it felt great. Once you hit the ball a little deeper you get a soft, clicky feeling. When I began to do loops I was shooting the ball off the table. It was strange because I was not looping that hard. Compared to Axelo, there seems to be catapult with Vega Pro where I find the Axelo to be more linear. But once I adjusted I found the control to be excellent with this setup. The trajectory of the ball is very curvy. I have only my gf to feed multiballs to me and to block for me and I won't be able to play with my usual partners in about 2 weeks. So until then, this is just my initial impressions.
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 4:55am
Can anyone tell me which from the other xiom blades plays like a zetro quad?
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 4:58am
Does zetro play better than the vega pro?
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Saitama Saitama wrote:

Can anyone tell me which from the other xiom blades plays like a zetro quad?

Xiom Ignito
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
winsk127 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winsk127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 5:07am
Sorry for talk abot a thing that out of this threat but has anyone try Xiom stradivarius GX yet ?

I have seen it on xiom.cn for a while but no one talk about them.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 5:41am
They released the strad on two separate occasions. Now the gx .

Vega pro doesnt play like zetro quad. Quad is 4 layers of carbon. I forget the fiber.
Quad is very popular among some loopers.

Vega pro is like i forget zjk szlc ?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 7:40am
Have anyone tried the Vega Tour blade? It is being sold for $198 at TT11 and about $97 at tt japan. Really not sure what causes the huge price gap.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 9:13am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Have anyone tried the Vega Tour blade? It is being sold for $198 at TT11 and about $97 at tt japan. Really not sure what causes the huge price gap.

The blade is meh for a hinoki blade.  I have had one for a while now and I still can't find a good reason to use it, which is surprising to me given how much I usually love hinoki.
Cybershape Carbon
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 9:39am
I guess vega tour just Zetro Quad with new carbon material and jointless wood. TT11 is pricing it for $200. There is almost no review on this blade yet.
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2015 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

They released the strad on two separate occasions. Now the gx .

Vega pro doesnt play like zetro quad. Quad is 4 layers of carbon. I forget the fiber.
Quad is very popular among some loopers.

Vega pro is like i forget zjk szlc ?

Ok thanks for the info. Im looking for a replacement of zetro. A lighter version will do..
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2015 at 8:09am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

it's $230 on Xiom USA
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2015 at 8:45am
Xiom probably forced their price up.
used to be around 107 EU few months ago if I'm not mistaken.

even zxi used to be cheaper. not anymore.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 6:52pm
zetro quad is too heavy for me so im looking for a lighter alternative of it.. so vega tour ight be my next blade.. Smile
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 8:12pm
I am going to review this Tour Blade once and for all.
Cybershape Carbon
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

NextLevel, I recall reading somewhere that you once had the Vega Pro. Would also like to hear your feedback on that blade.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 12:04pm
My quick review of Xiom Omega Europe.
Background:
I was playing with ZXI for last year and a half, switching from TBS. I have 2 ZXI's, 88 gr and 82 gr and was pretty happy about my experience. I balanced them both to same weight of 190 but liked the 88 a bit more. Generally, no complains about them - good speed and control. Flex is good. They are relatively hard, comparing to TBS, but not super hard. Plus they had the flex that TBS did not have and that made playing from 2nd and 3rd zone much more comfortable.

Xiom Omega Europe:
Out of curiosity decided to buy Xiom Omega Europe. What was appealing about it is a bit softer feel with almost same speed as ZXI. So I thought it may benefit my Short game.

Here are  my findings after 3 weeks. 
- Nice feel - yes it has more feeling than ZXI, right off th box, especially chops and drops.
- I feel it is 10-15% slower than ZXI but...my opponents don't notice it. 
- Spin from mid distance is easier to control and place where you want it but requires better foot work as the blade has very little of the flex that ZXI has so if not good contact, the ball can land short.
- Long spins, full arm are on Par with ZXI, even though require more power (but you adjust)
- What I found notably better though is a short spin, blocks, and "improvisational" shots. Precision is way better than ZXI, hard to tell why exactly because the feeling is very good on both blades. My guess is the - FLEX that Omega Europe almost does not have. Somehow, not only I feel the ball, I really put it where I plan, precisely.
- Counter loops were better with Omega Europe in the consistency field as i could better control the length of the curve. So I make less unforced errors, so I get more confidence in playing them.

Overall, I give Omega Europe very solid A, same as ZXI.

They both have it all. 

ZXI is better in killing the ball, creating some very aggressive spins, especially in mid distance. Curves look more dangerous, at least from my side of the table.

Omega Europe is also reasonably powerful, with better placement, more variety close to the table. My long time opponents do not feel much of a difference in spin vs ZXI. 

Really have trouble to decide now... :) but I can tell, good job XIOM.

Thanks,
iakovka

Oh, forgot to mention:
Both, ZXI and Omega Europe were played with Identical rubbers on:
XIOM Omega Pro V MAX on Forehand.
Rakza7 Soft 2MM - on Backhand.

Edited by iakovka - 12/14/2015 at 12:06pm

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

NextLevel, I recall reading somewhere that you once had the Vega Pro. Would also like to hear your feedback on that blade.

Yes, it will be a comparative review of both, possibly all three.
Cybershape Carbon
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Saitama Saitama wrote:

zetro quad is too heavy for me so im looking for a lighter alternative of it.. so vega tour ight be my next blade.. Smile

??? You do realize there's a large weight range on most blades out there. My Zetro Quad was in the low 80's.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 7:33pm
mine is 90 something.. its quite heavy.

Edited by Saitama - 12/14/2015 at 8:19pm
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 9:24pm
Yeah, they vary but new Xiom blades less so. At least with ZXI's, I've never seen one below 80 or above 90.
And I would not be able to point out which of two ZXI's (82 and 88) I have is "absolutely better", meaning, depending on your preferences you can choose the one that fits you better. 
In my case, I have slight preference toward the 88 one. 

Vega Europe I did not have a chance to weight yet without rubbers but from total combination, I would say it is 86-88 gr.

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2016 at 10:34am
I think the Vega Tour and Vega Pro are both excellent blades for the plastic ball - the problem I am having now is that I just can't see yet what the difference between the Pro and Tour is that justifies one being more expensive than the other.  Even the hinoki feel of the Tour isn't distinct enough to push me towards it which is unusual.  So unless you really love hinoki, save your money and get the Pro, IMO.   Both blades play pretty similarly to an Innerforce ZLC, though I prefer the balance of the Innerforce ZLC.
Cybershape Carbon
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2016 at 11:52am
Except the fact that the Vega blades are composites like the innerforce ZLC I can't really see how similar they are.

Vega pro plays way closer to a Maze or Mizutani. A Xiom blade close to innerforce ZLC is clearly Hayabusa ZX.

Concerning Vega pro / tour comparison, vega pro is clearly more for those play mostly top spin with a lot of spin while the Tour is way better for blocking and fast topspin with low arc.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2016 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Except the fact that the Vega blades are composites like the innerforce ZLC I can't really see how similar they are.

Vega pro plays way closer to a Maze or Mizutani. A Xiom blade close to innerforce ZLC is clearly Hayabusa ZX.

Concerning Vega pro / tour comparison, vega pro is clearly more for those play mostly top spin with a lot of spin while the Tour is way better for blocking and fast topspin with low arc.

You have 2500+ touch so I defer to you.  I am just relaying my personal experience.  MAybe my choice of rubbers (MX-S, Baracuda) is influencing my judgement, but I can play with both blades in largely the same way without experiencing any difference in results of my strokes.  Lower throw with Tour is possible, but I would not say that the difference is such that if I would strongly recommend the Tour to one kind of player and Pro to another. Especially with the difference in price.

Edited by NextLevel - 01/23/2016 at 1:23pm
Cybershape Carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2016 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

You have 2500+ touch so I defer to you.  I am just relaying my personal experience.  MAybe my choice of rubbers (MX-S, Baracuda) is influencing my judgement, but I can play with both blades in largely the same way without experiencing any difference in results of my strokes.  Lower throw with Tour is possible, but I would not say that the difference is such that if I would strongly recommend the Tour to one kind of player and Pro to another. Especially with the difference in price.

Which xiom blade plays like a better quality clipper? How is the cpen handle in xiom line?
Saitama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saitama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 12:22am
Sweet. Definitely a great blade.. Might get an extra for safe keeping 😀
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 2:12am
Thank you fatt! You are also the best person to make a deal with.
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic