Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Stellan Camp in Oregon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 5:04pm
I just got this email from someone named Duane Hayashi. What are the odds that it's just a scam?

Dear,
Pls i want to make an inquiry that we want to register for the named summer camp and make entries for 4 players and 1 coach and we have from Nigeria, we will like to register online....kindly tell us how to go about it?
kindly reply asap..
Thank you
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2014 at 10:50pm
Time for another Stellan Bengtsson training camp.

Just how valuable is training with Stellan? Checkout what Sean O’Neill, 5 x US Men’s Singles & Doubles Champion / 2 x US Olympian / 3 x US Paralympic Coach, has to say:

“Stellan and Angie will help you reach your full potential.  If you are an up-and-coming junior, seasoned tournament player or new to the sport they will help you with critical fundamentals, footwork, and proven serve and serve return tactics.  I have had a chance to work with many fine coaches and what impresses me the most about Stellan is after a stellar international career he is still a student of the game.  He is aware of the newest trends and can customize strategies for all levels of play. Angie really understands the playing issues and challenges most Americans are dealing with as they strive to improve.  As a USATT Hall of Famer and World Team member she can offer practical solutions to common problems that are impeding progress.  I encourage all my students to take advantage of their camps whenever possible.”

Our camp provides an opportunity to learn from Stellan in a small group setting of 12 to 14 serious-minded players in an excellent playing facility. Great lighting, top quality tables, professional floor mats for four of our tables, and lots of space all help to make learning easier. If you ever wanted to improve your game, this is your opportunity. 

Camp dates:
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 through Sunday, August 24, 2014
Lower Group Rating Range 1100 to 1600.
Upper Group Rating Range 1600 to 2250.

If you do not fit into a given rating range, then write to me and I'll see what we can do. If you're rated to high that's not a problem, but if you're rated too low, then you'll most likely go onto the waiting list.

The online web pages and online registration form are here:
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2014 at 2:22am
Hey people, just a reminder that we still have space for one of the greatest camps on Earth.

Well, yeah, it's a bit much to make that claim unless I've been to every other camp on Earth but it does feature one of the best coaches, a great venue, and it's just so much darn fun.  Let's put it this way: the camp is five days long and at the end of the camp, everyone is pretty exhausted.  But at the end of the last camp, someone suggested we extended the camps to seven days and everyone there was like "yeah!"  It's just one of those occasions where you hate to go home.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2014 at 3:08am
Hi Everyone,

The Willamette Table Tennis Club in Salem, Oregon is pleased to announce our next Stellan and Angie Bengtsson training camp for March 2014. This is a special training opportunity with one of the great coaches of the world in a small group setting. Stellan is the 1971 World Singles Champion whose coaching credentials include Waldner, Persson, Karlsson, Lindh, Maze, and other greats. Stellan speaks excellent English, has incredible knowledge, and is truly a gifted teacher.

The best testimonial I know of:

“Stellan and Angie will help you reach your full potential.  If you are an up-and-coming junior, seasoned tournament player or new to the sport they will help you with critical fundamentals, footwork, and proven serve and serve return tactics.  I have had a chance to work with many fine coaches and what impresses me the most about Stellan is after a stellar career he is still a student of the game.  He is aware of the newest trends and can customize strategies for all levels of play. Angie really understands the playing issues and challenges most Americans are dealing with as they strive to improve.  As a USATT Hall of Famer and World Team member she can offer practical solutions to common problems that are impeding progress.  I encourage all my students to take advantage of their camps whenever possible.”
Sean O'Neill
5 x US Singles Champion
2 x US Olympian

Our camp provides an opportunity to learn from Stellan in a small group setting of 12 to 14 serious-minded players in an excellent playing facility. Great lighting, top quality tables, professional floor mats for four of our tables, and lots of space all help to make learning easier. If you ever wanted to improve your game, this is your opportunity.

This is actually quite a late announcement for us.  Normally, we announce our March camp in November. However, Stellan developed a serious issue with his eye in the early Fall and has been out of commission since then.  It was only a few days ago that his doctor finally gave him approval to come to Oregon and coach our camp.  So we’re very fortunate to have this March camp at all.  And although we fully expect to see Stellan here in March, I suppose it’s always possible that there could be some additional complication with his eye that could cause the camp to be cancelled. (Although, to be fair, it’s always possible that something unexpected could happen, such as a car accident or earthquake or whatever).  So for people who plan to fly into the camp, I recommend they get flight insurance.

Camp dates:
Saturday, March 22, 2014 through Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Lower Group Rating Range 1100 to 1600.
Upper Group Rating Range 1600 to 2250.

If you do not fit into a given rating range, then write to me and I'll see what we can do. If you're rated to high that's not a problem, but if you're rated too low, then you'll most likely go onto the waiting list.

The online web pages and online registration form are here: <a href="http://www.wtabletennis.org/stellanCampMarch2014/">http://www.wtabletennis.org/stellanCampMarch2014/</a>.

If you have questions, you can write to me directly at <a href="[email protected]">[email protected]</a> or call me at 503-851-2941. Let me add that Stellan and Angie really enjoy this camp because everyone has so much fun and learns so much. If you love table tennis, this is a great way to spend a week.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic