Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Stellan Camp in Oregon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Stellan Camp in Oregon
    Posted: 02/01/2014 at 3:08am
Hi Everyone,

The Willamette Table Tennis Club in Salem, Oregon is pleased to announce our next Stellan and Angie Bengtsson training camp for March 2014. This is a special training opportunity with one of the great coaches of the world in a small group setting. Stellan is the 1971 World Singles Champion whose coaching credentials include Waldner, Persson, Karlsson, Lindh, Maze, and other greats. Stellan speaks excellent English, has incredible knowledge, and is truly a gifted teacher.

The best testimonial I know of:

“Stellan and Angie will help you reach your full potential.  If you are an up-and-coming junior, seasoned tournament player or new to the sport they will help you with critical fundamentals, footwork, and proven serve and serve return tactics.  I have had a chance to work with many fine coaches and what impresses me the most about Stellan is after a stellar career he is still a student of the game.  He is aware of the newest trends and can customize strategies for all levels of play. Angie really understands the playing issues and challenges most Americans are dealing with as they strive to improve.  As a USATT Hall of Famer and World Team member she can offer practical solutions to common problems that are impeding progress.  I encourage all my students to take advantage of their camps whenever possible.”
Sean O'Neill
5 x US Singles Champion
2 x US Olympian

Our camp provides an opportunity to learn from Stellan in a small group setting of 12 to 14 serious-minded players in an excellent playing facility. Great lighting, top quality tables, professional floor mats for four of our tables, and lots of space all help to make learning easier. If you ever wanted to improve your game, this is your opportunity.

This is actually quite a late announcement for us.  Normally, we announce our March camp in November. However, Stellan developed a serious issue with his eye in the early Fall and has been out of commission since then.  It was only a few days ago that his doctor finally gave him approval to come to Oregon and coach our camp.  So we’re very fortunate to have this March camp at all.  And although we fully expect to see Stellan here in March, I suppose it’s always possible that there could be some additional complication with his eye that could cause the camp to be cancelled. (Although, to be fair, it’s always possible that something unexpected could happen, such as a car accident or earthquake or whatever).  So for people who plan to fly into the camp, I recommend they get flight insurance.

Camp dates:
Saturday, March 22, 2014 through Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Lower Group Rating Range 1100 to 1600.
Upper Group Rating Range 1600 to 2250.

If you do not fit into a given rating range, then write to me and I'll see what we can do. If you're rated to high that's not a problem, but if you're rated too low, then you'll most likely go onto the waiting list.

The online web pages and online registration form are here: <a href="http://www.wtabletennis.org/stellanCampMarch2014/">http://www.wtabletennis.org/stellanCampMarch2014/</a>.

If you have questions, you can write to me directly at <a href="[email protected]">[email protected]</a> or call me at 503-851-2941. Let me add that Stellan and Angie really enjoy this camp because everyone has so much fun and learns so much. If you love table tennis, this is a great way to spend a week.   
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2014 at 2:22am
Hey people, just a reminder that we still have space for one of the greatest camps on Earth.

Well, yeah, it's a bit much to make that claim unless I've been to every other camp on Earth but it does feature one of the best coaches, a great venue, and it's just so much darn fun.  Let's put it this way: the camp is five days long and at the end of the camp, everyone is pretty exhausted.  But at the end of the last camp, someone suggested we extended the camps to seven days and everyone there was like "yeah!"  It's just one of those occasions where you hate to go home.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2014 at 10:50pm
Time for another Stellan Bengtsson training camp.

Just how valuable is training with Stellan? Checkout what Sean O’Neill, 5 x US Men’s Singles & Doubles Champion / 2 x US Olympian / 3 x US Paralympic Coach, has to say:

“Stellan and Angie will help you reach your full potential.  If you are an up-and-coming junior, seasoned tournament player or new to the sport they will help you with critical fundamentals, footwork, and proven serve and serve return tactics.  I have had a chance to work with many fine coaches and what impresses me the most about Stellan is after a stellar international career he is still a student of the game.  He is aware of the newest trends and can customize strategies for all levels of play. Angie really understands the playing issues and challenges most Americans are dealing with as they strive to improve.  As a USATT Hall of Famer and World Team member she can offer practical solutions to common problems that are impeding progress.  I encourage all my students to take advantage of their camps whenever possible.”

Our camp provides an opportunity to learn from Stellan in a small group setting of 12 to 14 serious-minded players in an excellent playing facility. Great lighting, top quality tables, professional floor mats for four of our tables, and lots of space all help to make learning easier. If you ever wanted to improve your game, this is your opportunity. 

Camp dates:
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 through Sunday, August 24, 2014

If you do not fit into a given rating range, then write to me and I'll see what we can do. If you're rated to high that's not a problem, but if you're rated too low, then you'll most likely go onto the waiting list.

The online web pages and online registration form are here:
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 5:04pm
I just got this email from someone named Duane Hayashi. What are the odds that it's just a scam?

Dear,
Pls i want to make an inquiry that we want to register for the named summer camp and make entries for 4 players and 1 coach and we have from Nigeria, we will like to register online....kindly tell us how to go about it?
kindly reply asap..
Thank you
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 5:11pm
lol

Edited by roundrobin - 07/03/2014 at 5:14pm
Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 5:14pm
I heard that Jeff Mason will also be coaching with Stellan.  Is that true?
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I heard that Jeff Mason will also be coaching with Stellan.  Is that true?
Jeff has taken the camp before (last summer, maybe?), but I haven't heard anything about him coaching at this one. On the one hand, Jeff is their close friend, but on the other hand, they are very sensitive about making sure that instruction at their camps is *their* instruction for their approach.

By the way, this is a reminder that we still have space.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 1:04pm
The next Stellan Bengtsson training camp in Salem, Oregon has been scheduled. Here is the relevant info:

Camp dates:
Wednesday March 25 through Sunday March 29, 2015

http://www.wtabletennis.org/stellanCampMarch2015

Those who have taken training from Stellan tend to become very loyal, so we get a lot of repeat participants. If you would like training, this is your chance to get top-level training in a great facility.

There is also a discount for first-time participants rated over 1900. See the web site or contact me for details. For that matter, contact me (or Stellan directly) if you have any questions about the camp.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 2:37am
Reminder that we have a great camp coming up in late March with Stellan Bengtsson. Some people will be thinking about the fact that Stellan was world champion and others will be focusing on the fact that he coached two other players that were world champions. However, what I find most impressive is the way he can work with any player to improve their game. Maybe you have a backhand-intensive game. Or maybe you're overweight and that limits your endurance and mobility. Or perhaps you've got problem knees and mostly block to keep from moving. Or maybe you're a 2000-rated looper looking for a way to break through to 2200. No matter how you play, this is the coach that can really help you. And he'll make it fun the whole time.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 2:45am
Tell him to do a camp in Philly and I will participate...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2015 at 3:32am
Stellan won't fly any more. So any camp he does has to be within driving distance of San Diego. I don't think Philly qualifies. But you can fly and Oregon is an interesting place to visit if you haven't been here before.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2016 at 1:15pm
Time for the next Stellan camp.  And I'm hoping NextLevel will leave the East Coast and come to the camp. And Mjamja from Texas, too.  And Fatt from Seattle. Come on guy, time to step up your games instead of living in the the virtual MYTT world.

Camp dates:
Wednesday August 16 through Sunday August 21, 2016

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2016 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Time for the next Stellan camp.  And I'm hoping NextLevel will leave the East Coast and come to the camp. And Mjamja from Texas, too.  And Fatt from Seattle. Come on guy, time to step up your games instead of living in the the virtual MYTT world.

Camp dates:
Wednesday August 16 through Sunday August 21, 2016

Cover my plane ticket and I will do the rest.  Cheers.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2016 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Cover my plane ticket and I will do the rest.  Cheers.
What kind of dedication is that.  Start walking now and you'll be here in time.  Well, maybe not walking, but for sure if you ride a bike. And think how fit you'll be when you arrive.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2016 at 8:20pm
Just to let people know, we are at about 75% full for the camp now.  If you want to come, register soon.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2016 at 10:28pm
I would go were it not for an upcoming surgery :(
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
KiwiPong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2016 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

I would go were it not for an upcoming surgery :(

Best of luck with the surgery Patrick! Hope you make a speedy recovery and come back to the TT world real soon! Clap
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2016 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Just to let people know, we are at about 75% full for the camp now.  If you want to come, register soon.
At this point, we're just looking to add a couple of people in the 1900+ range. If you're interested in the camp but below that rating, please contact me directly to discuss options.  If you're interested in this camp, you need to get registered now. I'm pretty sure we'll be closed by a week from now.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2017 at 2:17am
Our Spring camp is March, 29 2017 (Wednesday) through April 2, 2017 (Sunday).  We are down to the last slot, so we're looking for one more player in the 1850-2100 range.  If you're interested, PM me.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 5:47pm
It's a shame it isn't a couple of weeks earlier, i.e., in the week leading up to Bill Mason (spring break over here).
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

It's a shame it isn't a couple of weeks earlier, i.e., in the week leading up to Bill Mason (spring break over here).

The choice is to always have the Spring camp during the Spring Break for most Oregon schools.  Just makes it easier for students and teachers. 

I will say that from time to time we get people who could only attend part of the camp.  In those cases, I try to arrange where a camp session is split between two people (e.g., one might take the weekdays and the other might take the weekend).

For those who missed this camp, we do expected to have another camp in late August.  I do not know the dates yet, so I don't know if that will overlap with the big solar eclipse.
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 2:51pm
If possible, could you post some pictures or possibly even videos after the camp? I would love to see some. I don't think I'll ever be able to go (since I live in Japan), but I'm curious to see what it's like. Also, it might help other people decide in the future.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 4:07pm
Mickd,

It is all top secret.  You have to sign a non-disclosure agreement to get into the camp.

You have to understand "What happens in camp, stays in camp". Wink

Mark - Holder of Ultra top secret security clearance

PS -  In case you don't get my sense of humor the above is just a joke.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 1:58am
We're having a great time in our Spring 2017 Stellan camp and one of the participants is mjamja, who has been great fun to have around.  Since we have two frequent MYTT posters here, I thought people might enjoy a couple of photos.

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2017 at 2:18am
We have scheduled our summer training camps for 2017 and this is the time for you to register if you want training.

If you were observant in that last sentence, you’ll see that I said “camps”, with plural.  We are actually scheduling two separate camps of five days each.  That means that players have a choice of when they attend camp.  Here are the dates:

Session 1: Friday August 4 – Tuesday August 8
Break: Wednesday August 9 – Thursday August 10
Session 2: Friday August 11 – Tuesday August 15

One of the cool things about this schedule is that you can actually attend both camps.  For players who really want to train and improve their game, it’s possible to get 10 days of training by taking both camps.

If you would like to come to camp this August, the web pages with information and online registration are located here:

There is one more important piece of news.  Before I made this post, I first contacted our “diehard” camp attendees.  These are the people that attend camps frequently and are always seeking more training, so I let them register before anyone else.  As a result, we already have 8 people registered for *each* camp, and two more people have verbally committed (meaning we’ll soon have 9 people registered for each camp).  Since we normally seek 14 players per camp, that means that each session only has five openings.  Possibly we could let in one or two more people, but that’s still not a lot of space.  So if you want to get into one of the camps (and especially if you want to take both), then you really need to register now, rather than later.  If you wait until June, it’s likely that both camps will be closed for being full.

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 3:05am
Just wanted people to know that we're down to our last few slots for the August camp.  Time to sign up!
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2017 at 5:28pm
Just a reminder that the Stellan camp is coming up.  Session 1 is FULL, but Session 2 has two slots left.

Session 2: Friday August 11 – Tuesday August 15 (2 slots open)

Now is the time to sign up!
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2017 at 3:34am
We have a new Stellan camp scheduled for March 24-28, 2018.

Registration for this camp was opened only at the beginning of this week and it's almost full already.  We have two slots, reserved for players over 1700.

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 4:27pm
For anyone interested, we have some unexpected space available in our Stellan Bengtsson training camp this August.  

These slots are available only to people rated 1650 and above.

The camp, which is scheduled for Saturday-Wednesday August 25-29, was full.  Due to a drop out and two people who can make only part of the camp, here is what we can accept:

1) One person to take the full camp (8/25-8/29).
2) One person to take three days (Monday 8/27-Wednesday 8/29)
3) One person to take two days (Tuesday 8/28-Wednesday 8/29)

Again, these need to be 1650+ rated and even better would be 1850+.

For camp details, look here:  

Or, you can also PM me with questions.

If you haven't met him yet, Mjamja, the gypsy table tennis player from TX, will be there.

Edited by benfb - 08/05/2018 at 4:27pm
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2018 at 6:27pm

If you haven't met him yet, Mjamja, the gypsy table tennis player from TX, will be there.
[/QUOTE]

We were fortunate to have mjamja come through California a few weeks ago.  We all learned a lot from him.  He's also an excellent coach. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic