Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donic Bluefire M1 Turbo and JP01 Turbo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2014 at 9:47am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

the jp rubbers are all backhand rubbers, due to the soft topsheet.

I don't think a soft topsheet automatically means BH rubber, but I can't argue with you about JP01T for my game - BH rubber or nothing. Everyone has different needs, obviously, and some players like soft topsheet/hard sponge on their FH side.

Amen. Few things irritate me as much as the BH rubber distinction.

What about the fh rubber distinction? 
They are thesame distinction. Everyone has preferences, but it is irritating to hear that this rubber is this or that.
So you are OK with seeing a beginner with a brand new racket (gift from mom) playing with H3 on the BH side, and T64 on the FH side.  I saw quite a few, I usually tell them to switch around, before they get used to playing with what I and others perceive as wrong.

There are people who use harder rubbers on the backhand than on the forehand, though going as far as H3 hardness might be a big difference.  There are many people who use H3 on both sides, and there are people who use a chinese rubber on the backhand like Friendship with something like Tenergy on the forehand because their BH is more control oriented.  If something suits your strokes/technique, it suits your strokes/technique. 

Most people drive the ball harder on their forehand and they don't want their loop drives to bottom out.  That is clear.  Going on to say that a rubber is a *forehand rubber* is short hand for that, but what if a person doesn't drive the ball hard or what if the person uses a spinny stroke more often than a drive?  And what if the person has a uncharacteristically strong backhand stroke?

Sponge hardness gives 95%-100% of the same information that the FH/BH rubber distinction does.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2014 at 5:30am
@Seguso
? BH "banana" flip with M1 - it is good ? Thanks.

neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2014 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

here my conclusion regarding the rubbers

M1 Turbo: the rubber is too hard, hard sponge and topsheet, difficult to play, throw angle long and very low, spin high,  too heavy

JP01 Turbo: sponge li M1 hard, topsheet softer, easier to play than m1 turbo but throw angle still low, spin high, too heavy

Hello friends, I think t64 is faster than this heavy monsters. Believe me it is true. LOLLOL

Edited by neon - 06/05/2014 at 2:15pm
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2014 at 6:39pm
I have done a test of these rubbers tuned and posted my impressions in the boosting related topic. Some time has passed and I put both rubbers on a HRT Clipper clone and used Blue Contact to stick the rubbers on the blade. I consider the rubbers to be devoid of the additional tuning that I applied to them. So my experiences are different from when they were still tuned. This review is based on 10 hours' play.

The spin came down on both from very good to average. Now it is difficult to play against good blockers because neither of them produce enough spin to stop the opponent from countering agressively. They have retained some of the good speed but are still slower. My training partners noticed that my opening topspins did not carry consistent spin - sometimes it was rather good, sometimes my balls were no-spin. It has become  difficult to produce topsin at medium speed - a Tenergy is a lot better in this aspect.

The rubbers have become too hard and lifeless unfortunately.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2014 at 1:50am
My experience with m1 turbo untuned is very different, it has huge spin , speed more than any rubber on the marked just like or above Bryce speed tuned. Serves are on the level of h3 receive and short game not bouncy at all , countering consistent as if you are playing tenergy. The only thing I still looking for is durability, if it keeps it's characteristics over one month of everyday play it would be a keeper and a great great rubber. Will see.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 9:46am
Is it no problem gluing JP01T using regular water based glue? Or would it require using a glue like Donic Blue Contact?
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 1:06pm
I used Stiga Optimizer to glue my JP01T. I had no problems at all.
Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 3:40pm
Any more reviews from M1 turbo users?

Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Compared to MX-P, it feels a little softer 
Is this really true?

BTW, I just went to Donic's website to check their hardness (didn't find it but someone mentioned that is is 50 deg vs 47 deg for the MX-P) and I noticed that Donic has rated the M1 Turbo 10++ for speed and 10+++ for spin!

So, to celebrate those ratings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

Edited by slevin - 04/24/2015 at 3:43pm
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Any more reviews from M1 turbo users?

Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Compared to MX-P, it feels a little softer 
Is this really true?

BTW, I just went to Donic's website to check their hardness (didn't find it but someone mentioned that is is 50 deg vs 47 deg for the MX-P) and I noticed that Donic has rated the M1 Turbo 10++ for speed and 10+++ for spin!
Marketing hype.  They know TT players are gullible.

So, to celebrate those ratings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o
Musicians are just as gullible as TT players.
I should get into a business where I can sell myths, lies and marketing hype.  There are so many gullible people.

There is a limit to how high the coefficient of restitution can be for a rubber and ball.   A TT ball bouncing on a steel plate has a COR of about 0.9 when dropped from 30.5cm which isn't very fast.   The COR drops as impact speed increases and the ball deforms more.   The COR of a ball and rubber impact is going to be about 0.6.   I bet the upper limit is around 0.7.    So where does the 10++++ or 11 rating come from?

Edited by pnachtwey - 04/24/2015 at 5:14pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

So where does the 10++++ or 11 rating come from?

Well, I think they may be trying to say that standard strokes using this rubber feel more powerful than if using M1 (with which strokes feel more powerful than using T05 / T64) but lol at the 10++!
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

So where does the 10++++ or 11 rating come from?

Well, I think they may be trying to say that standard strokes using this rubber feel more powerful than if using M1 (with which strokes feel more powerful than using T05 / T64) but lol at the 10++!
How do they justify the 10 rating of their other rubbers?  They can't.
Until the forums start complaining that the TT manufacturers are full of BS there will be no change towards meaningful ratings.

What gets me as that people will still act irrationally and buy the latest stuff even though it can't be that much different from what already exists.

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 6:19pm
Pay no heed to the marketing bullshit with those plus signs. Pnachtwey is right in pointing out that there are certain boundaries to rubber performance.

I just had a hit with a fresh sheet of MX-P on a Xiom Diva and a pair of JP01s on a self-made blade. Today I would say that the MX-P has a more sophisticated topsheet that has a better spin producing capability and will help you out of more situations than a JP01. If you do not know which one to choose, go for the MX-P.

The JP01 still feels to me like a cheapo version of other brand's high-end rubbers, though it is still very good.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 7:00pm
Hans, I use MX-P myself.

What gets me as that people will still act irrationally and buy the latest stuff even though it can't be that much different from what already exists.

I don't agree with pnachtwey here though: while the latest stuff is less different from the old stuff as compared to a tennis net vs a inverted TT rubber (or as compared to inverted vs long-pips), it is still different enough for it to matter in game-play / league-play / tournament-play.

The old tensors (pre-bluefire) were very bouncy in the short-short game and not very grippy. I prefer the new stuff with the plastic ball.
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 7:27pm
(pnachtwey)  Musicians are just as gullible as TT players.

You bet your sweet lovable gluteus they are, pnachtwey.  Musicians such as Jascha Heifetz and Yehudi Menuhin and the composer Arnold Schoenberg were world class at their craft, and loved to play table tennis, but most of the cadets at the ICC club would probably take them down.  Musicians who like to play table tennis (myself, besides these notables), are especially gullible.  I actually thought I stood a chance against some 8-year-old drawing down with speed glued Mark V GPS (glue power system).  I didn't.  Not only did I get a contact high from all the glue he used, but the little blighter lobbed my late middle aged non-speed glued butt to the point of exhaustion.  He also had a pretty fair loop for an 8-year-old.  A poker faced child from Charm, Ohio if I remember rightly.  

He may have been underrated.  He wasn't trained at the ICC, because back in 2002 I don't think there was an ICC.

bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 8:28pm
My M1T came in this past Wednesday, but due to a wrist injury I haven't been able hit with it at club yet--I couldn't resist and did some floor serves and noticed they were not as spinny as when I was using Tinarc3, after adjusting the technique a bit it seemed comparable (let it dwell a little longer digging into the sponge versus a pretty much pure topsheet graze)

I'm dying to play already! I wish I lived near a full-time club!
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2015 at 8:40pm
M1 Turbo is much better for aggressive players who count on "one-punch" loop, JP01 Turbo is for players who count not on power but on control. 
As for me I prefer powerfull 3rd  ball attack for winning the point so M1 Turbo is the choice.
However , I play with JP01 Turbo too. It depends what I have on my BH( anti or LP).
M1 T has lesser dwell time hence it is great for a fast attack.
Keep in mind that blade makes  the difference therefore opinions can differ too.
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 3:20am
I tried a long time ago JP 01 Turbo max on the Tankard Off and didn't like it at all on the back . Very unexpected and wasn't too dangerous for my opponents on the other side of the table . JP 01 max and Blue fire M2 max brought a far higher value in my game . 
Yet my impression was that I rubber saw far more of the Blue fire M2 than JP 01 and it is mainly the feeling of the top layer of how to play . 
Still read a lot of positive reviews on this rubber . 
Has anyone compared the composite blade ( not wood blade) 

1) the Differences between Red max /Blec max in the sense of hardness 
2) the Angle of the h comparison of Blue fire M2 max / JP 01 Turbo max 
3) the Length of the flight path of the Blue fire M2 max / JP 01 Turbo max
4) Dweeltime Blue fire M2 max / JP 01 Turbo max
5) Stamina natural catapult rubber from the factory 
6) the Advantages of the block on the back side ( assets ,passive ) ,short game and lift the backspin . 

Thank you all for what you know ,what I yet do not know Beer
With best regards , 

Wolf 
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 2:10pm
I can answer some of these, but not all.  I have just started testing the  JP 01 Turbo (Black, Max).

Blade was a Xiom Z+, tested with both the old and new balls.

2) the Angle of the h comparison of Blue fire M2 max / JP 01 Turbo max   M2 max has a higher arc, JP 01 Turbo has a  flatter trajectory.  
3) the Length of the flight path of the Blue fire M2 max / JP 01 Turbo max  With the higher arc goes a shorter more Tenergy 05 like flight path for M2.   JP 01 Turbo has a more Tenergy 64 like flight path, longer and lower than the M2.  Not saying they are just like the Tenergy, just trying to give you an idea of the flight path the ball takes.
4) Dweeltime Blue fire M2 max / JP 01 Turbo max  More Dwell for the M2 on most shots, feels like more than I think there actually is, but this depends on how hard the ball is hit, since with the soft topsheet on the  JP 01 Turbo you get quite good feel on soft shots.
5) Stamina natural catapult rubber from the factory  M2 is a little bouncier, although I don't find it nearly as bouncy as say Barracuda.

Edited by 1dennistt - 09/28/2015 at 2:10pm
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 4:12pm
some recent comments making me want to use jp1t instead of m1t... must resist EJ bug...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by aerial aerial wrote:

some recent comments making me want to use jp1t instead of m1t... must resist EJ bug...
You use M1T with your love tap stroke???
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 10:28am
lol yes... Ouch
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 4:52pm
Thank You  1dennistt  for the very useful information, to Point 2, and 4 convinced me that I no longer have the interest of JP 01 Turbo . I'm a big fan of JP 01 max ,just a little bit lacking speed so I had hope that JP 01 turbo moves in a good direction ,but without losing the height of the angle of reflection. 
W.
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2016 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by viktorovich viktorovich wrote:

@Seguso
? BH "banana" flip with M1 - it is good ? Thanks.

sorry for the delay. m1 has too hard topsheet for banana. very very hard. if you can brush with max power it's ok, but if you hesitate it falls. almost the same with m2. it's a topsheet issue. You need the jp series for easy flip.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2016 at 8:50am
Donic Bluefire 01 Turbo maximum

Donic Bluefire JP01 2.0 mm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic