FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rasant Grip/Power Grip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2014 at 10:29am
I know nothing of these rubbers, but the one guy seems to have such bad control with the rubber in that video, that it almost seems to be fabricated.
Sponsored Links

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2014 at 11:42am
I've always been under the impression that sensitivity to spin is a great and wonderful thing. If it's sensitive to spin, it also means it can overcome other spin when you play active.

Serve returns are better, counter spin is better. 

Sure it will be a hindrance if you are someone who just puts the racket on the ball, but if that's you there's no reason to use high tech rubber. I'd be willing to be that's not most of us though, I think it's a commonly perceived negative that is actually a positive. If you are active with your shots and serve returns at all it will be an awesome feature. 
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

compared yesterday the rasant grip with elp on a 5 ply wood by TTManufaktur

The rasant grip is much different than elp, slower, much lower trampoline effect, much more controll and lower throw angle

regarding grip and spin I would say quite the same

the feeling playing with rasant grip is more or less like playing with tenergy except for the throw angle, the topsheet is quite soft, softer than elp, not high trampoline effect and high controll

really good rubber, not so much power like evolution but better controll

I played the last two weeks with jp01 turbo,  m1 turbo, 5q vip and found the rasant grip the best one

the two donics turbo are in my opinion two hard and fast, and the 5q vip too soft 

I don't know how I missed this comment, but this sounds awesome! 

Thanks for the review :) 
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2014 at 10:45pm
I just had a couple of hits with the PowerGrip late last night.

I can't get used to it since I had it only for a real short time.. though surely it grips and the ball catapults from it, it's a bit kind of hard to control.. will try it with a robot tonight.
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 4:49am
I am using red sheet of Andro Rasant Grip since middle of April.

I was fan of Tenergy and H3 (still I am) but those rubbers are much harder to play hereby my game was not that good as with R.Grip.

IMHO, this rubber has more gears than T05. It's slower near the net and a little bit less reactive to incoming spin. Grip gives ability to hit ball through every kind of spin. If the opponent plays with slow topspin you can just drive it through and it will land. It's also capable of putting a lot of spin. During rallies it's like T64 - you don't have to worry about spin as with T05 as I said and it's pretty fast in flat/driving strokes also controllable.

Serving - there is a little less spin than T05(still enought spinny) but placing is the key. I can force my opponent to make a lot of errors during receiving them.

Chopping -

Speed:
#Low gear - RG > T05
#Mid gear - RG=T05
#High gear - I am not sure yet but due easiness of play RG>T05.

Spin:
T05>RG - 5-7%

Control:
RG>T05 all the way

I will post part of my practice match (due recording error) where you can clearly see the firepower of Rasant Grip. I am the guy in black. 
#I am gonna stick with this rubber for a little bit longer :)

Video

Edited by Jerem - 05/29/2014 at 5:17am
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2014 at 1:32pm
Any more reviews of the Grip and PowerGrip?
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2014 at 2:10pm
Comparing to the rasant series.

Hardness
Grip < Turbo < P.grip

P.grip have a mid-high throw not super-crazy T05 throw.
Lifting spinny ball is easy. Good spin on serve.
Grip is noticebly softer than  P.grip a bit softer than Turbo.

Both produce a very high output of spin. More spin than turbo in overall.
Bit less speed that turbo but Speed:Spin ratio is nice.
Top sheet is a bit thicker than turbo.

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 7:34am
My RG and RPsponge are on the way! OMG. I am so excited. Judged by these reviews I am gonna be a real topspin hero soon :-D

Anyway, which blade would suit these rubbers?
Rasant Grip 1.7 on FH
Rasant Powersponge 1.9 on BH

I have these blades on stock:
Stiga Allround Wood NCT
Donic Epox Control
BTY Primorac
Hayabusa ZXi
Xiom Stradivarius
Tibhar Texo C7
Tibhar Texo Off
Joola Legend All+
Yasaka 3D
Stiga Offensive CR

The blades in bold letters are my favoured forerunners in this case but I am expecting for your kind help too.
As for me I am only an old (52) but enthusiastic basement player who is eager to play in the regional third division a few years later :-/
Thin rubbers have been chosen as you can see because I want moderate speed with decent spin and great control. I tend to attack if it is possible I'd say play allround-offensive game and get rid of constan  pushes as much as possible.
Thanx for your attention.

igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 8:28am
Choose one with the biggest head size to cut the rubbers. If you wish to change the blade, rubbers will be big enough to cover the whole blade head surface. This way you'll avoid rubber patches on your blade.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 10:15am
Thank You Ray :-)
That is the safe way.
igszoctan
Strength and honour
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 3:54am
igszoctan,

I had Rasant, RPG, and RPS.. among all these series, I could say RPG is the easiest to loop with.. so easy you just swing your stroke and it will land. I've always landed 90% of my opening loops, the 10% is just because I missed the ball on my swing.. and the 90% of those I've landed, 75% were unblockable, too fast that my opponents would just stair at it.

Both Rasant and RPG shines on super fast blades.. I love them for they were perfect on my Level 91, an OFF+ blade, but I have to settle to a much lighter weight rubbers due to my wrist. But with sponges at 1.7 and 1.9, you would probably wanna go for the all-round blades, the fast blades might make them way too hard to hit with.

I never liked RPS.. I bought it by accident anyway.

Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 4:19am
Thank You regiz,

That was really helpful.

Well, as a first step, I am inclined to put them on my C7. A fast blade it is though but flexible enough I reckon and the thickness may compensate its speed or tame it a bit.

In case the setup turns out to be too hard as you presume I'll step back to SO CR.

Edited by igszoctan - 09/11/2014 at 5:06am
igszoctan
Strength and honour
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 4:48am
Hi ,any review about rasant GRIP.

Is it faster or spinnier compared to normal rasant.
A few words about control will be also appreciated.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 6:31am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Hi ,any review about rasant GRIP.

Is it faster or spinnier compared to normal rasant.
A few words about control will be also appreciated.

Topsheet of Rasant Grip is indeed more grippier than the normal rasant. Control is good, for me Rasant Powergrip and Rasant Grip had the same topsheet but differs in sponge hardness. I could say normal rasant is a different rubber in my experience.

Rasant Grip is indeed a good rubber for backhand, Im using it for my rpb. Control, speed and sponge hardness is balanced after all. It doesn't lack on speed.

*Comments are based on my experience. Had tried all the Rasant series though.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 7:38am
So which rasant than you suggest me ,have the overall hardness and arc as a 05 .

I am asking cause i am using 05 as a FH and Baracuda as BH rubber.
do you think any rasant overwhelming tenergy 05 in spin department?
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 8:26am
Rasant Powergrip for forehand and Rasant Grip for backhand. Give that combo a try as I can play with it better. For money and quality of playing characteristics and durability it wins over tenergy series any day. As for spin in Rasant Powergrip compared to Tenergy 05, Rasant Powergrip felt a tad spinnier than Tenergy 05 for me personally as the topsheet is really grippy and bites the ball more.

*take note Rasant Powergrip and Tenergy 05 doesnt have identical sponges, they felt really different but really close on speed.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 8:48am
Rasant grip has an excellent topsheet. Very similar hardness to T05 but a bit less spiny. Great rubber.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2014 at 9:18am
Rasant Power Grip video review:

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by pepinho pepinho wrote:

170 x 170 mm both rubbers!

Grip 1.7mm is 62g.  Very spinny on loops but I haven't tried counterlooping yet.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 12:56am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Rasant grip has an excellent topsheet. Very similar hardness to T05 but a bit less spiny. Great rubber.

Heavily boosted too....
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2014 at 8:36am
?Powergrip has less spin in slow/medium strokes than Rasant Grip.
Grip is spinier at all than Powergrip in : Slow Topspin, Serves, Backhand Topspin. With grip it's also harder to recieve serves because topsheet is DIFFERENT and it more grippy than powergrip.
Powergrip excels in fast topspin (if u swing fast spin is better than grip one) it's also much easier to smash and counter topspin with. Flatter trajectory than Grip.
If you want spin+control= Grip if u want power= Powergrip (really). Powergrip require quite much better technique and physical force to play well with.
Summarizing:
Grip - Spinner at all, slower, tad more control, better feeling due sponge hardness. It works with all kind of blades.
Powergrip - One of best forehand rubbers I've ever had, a bit of H3(easier spinning) mixed with T64(easier smashes) and T05(easier counters). Very good rubber for those who have power in their hands. I would not recommend it for any kind of underspin play - it's a shame because it's the most uncontrollable thing in this rubber. You should always play a topspin/drive/smash. Forget about pushes.

IMHO : New Rasants shink about 1-2mm on edges. Anyway I am going back to Tenergy it's just more 'straight'.

Edited by Jerem - 09/29/2014 at 9:10am
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 6:57am
I have been playing Rasant Grip 1.7 on FH Rasant Powersponge 1.9 on BH (Stiga Allround wood nct) for two weeks and getting used to them.
Well, these rubbers are great like other modern rubbers but nothing special about them. Oh yes, I am convinced it is mainly my shortcoming. No-free-lunch :-)
Nice short-play, great loops (a bit weak far-from-the-table), mid-low-throw.
I reckon, I will try them on my Stradivarius so as to awake their hidden qualities and gain more power and furious spin. 

Edited by igszoctan - 10/01/2014 at 6:58am
igszoctan
Strength and honour
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 7:07am
Hi Igszoctan,
Would you compare Rasant grip with Donic Baracuda.

So far no rubber is superior in spin department compared to Baracuda
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 7:55am
Hi Bro,

Terribly sorry but I can't do that 'cause it's been ages since I last tried Baracuda.

As far as I remember it was mid-hard, high throw and quite spinny but I had difficulties in pushing.
igszoctan
Strength and honour
pepinho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 8:25am
The Rasant Grip is superior in spin than Baracuda but it has much lower throw! I used Baracuda on FH and now use Grip on BH. I use JP01 on FH now. I did not like the low throw of PowerGrip on FH and left it out. But the Grip is pure beast in spin. If it had more higher throw I'd put it on FH.
MJ ZLC • D09C • D09C
===
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74522&title=feedback-pepinho
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 8:38am
Would you share the weight of Rasant grip cut to 150x157
martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2014 at 10:27am
Ordered 2 sheets from TTNPP, should be here by the end of next week
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 12:42pm
RG on fh of my Stiga AW WRB is great!
Gargantuan grip as it is expected and thx to the low throw more fh topspins land on the other side.
Furthermore, now to my big surprise I am able to carry out decent and sharp fh pushes at last ;-)

Edited by igszoctan - 11/09/2014 at 12:47pm
igszoctan
Strength and honour
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by igszoctan igszoctan wrote:

RG on fh of my Stiga AW WRB is great!
Gargantuan grip as it is expected and thx to the low throw more fh topspins land on the other side.
Furthermore, now to my big surprise I am able to carry out decent and sharp fh pushes at last ;-)

Is it really that much better than TZU?
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 2:56pm
You mean grip, don 't you? Well, I'd say it has the same grip as TZU or a bit more (?)
Both TZU and RG are my all time favourite fh fubbers but I presume, I will stick to RG because of its lower through and sharp pushes.
igszoctan
Strength and honour
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic