FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Viscaria Check

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria Check
    Posted: 04/05/2014 at 2:00pm
Hey all,

Received this Viscaria a few weeks back. I'm not saying it's fake - it came from a good seller, and it plays really well, and looks great, and the number matches the box...

Here it is:

With all the fakes knocking around, any slight blemish triggers my OCD. The stripes on the handle are slightly wonky, on one side only:

So, what do you think?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 2:58pm
Looks real my friend. I have a viscaria that also has a few skewed lines on the handle. You have nothing to worry about.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 3:29pm
Thanks mate. I was 99.9999% sure about it, but I just had to check to remove the last bit of doubt in my too-active brain.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Thanks mate. I was 99.9999% sure about it, but I just had to check to remove the last bit of doubt in my too-active brain.

But does the play give you any pleasure? Wink

Reminds me of an old joke that went like this:

Parents, beware of fake Christmas ornaments! Some shady manufacturers started producing completely genuine-looking, properly painted, but very very cheap Christmas tree ornaments. They look and feel exactly like real ones but when hung on the tree they do not yield any real Christmas joy for the kids.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 5:22pm
Ha! So true. I went mad on the Viscaria front and got 3 in recent weeks. The one in this thread is my favourite, but is that because I just love the fakes? Can you see how my stoooopid mind works? :-)

Some of my worry is how it might effect sell-on value. Which is another example of how my stoooopid mind works. Already planning the sale before even using it in anger. I need therapy...
Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 5:35pm

Where did you buy it from?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Mdman Mdman wrote:

Where did you buy it from?

A lovely forum user.

There was nothing wrong with the transaction whatsoever - I was just questioning the handle.
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 11:17pm
Here are three Viscarias. All are genuine (straight from Butterfly). The handle of all three are dead-on straight (at least to the naked eye)...

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2014 at 11:49pm
Mine too !!

Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2014 at 12:07am
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

Mine too !!

Awesome. Anybody got more than four Viscaras!

Sandiway
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2014 at 12:16am
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Mine too !!

Sandiway

Yes, I do... Embarrassed

Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2014 at 5:34am

Mine too !!

Sandiway

Yes, I do... Embarrassed

John, have a good look at that Viscaria and tell me you don't recognise your own child Smile
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2014 at 12:01pm
John, ah Lam, also gave up 1 of his "children" & I'm taking good care of "it". It's birth certificate # doesn't jive w/ the "Box" cuz the box is like antique w/no number which is also a precious old item.
"It" is "chubby" (@90, shall I borrow & use the phrase/word hard to find/RARE? LOL) but I love "it" as much as I love my other Moth "children". LOL

Edited by tiehwen - 04/06/2014 at 7:06pm
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2014 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Lestat Lestat wrote:

Mine too !!

Sandiway

Yes, I do... Embarrassed

John, have a good look at that Viscaria and tell me you don't recognise your own child Smile

Mr. OP, it's John Jr.

It was one of mine. Specially selected.

Edited by jt99sf - 04/06/2014 at 7:02pm

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 10:03am
Shortage of Viscarias?
Not to worry. 2 guys I know accounted for total of 11 pieces. All ranging from 84g to 90g in weights.
Wink
These are just 7 of them - The Magnificent 7.
84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 & 90g.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 11:21am
All 4 of my Viscaria are perfect, but I have a TB ALC that has an imperfection handle like yours, also note that the serial number on your Viscaria and my TB are fainted, not as deep and clear like the others.  From my research, I was lead to believe that it could be coming from China Market, they are real, but they did not pass through a tight QA inspection as the ones sold in NA, I bought mine used, so I can not verify where it's coming from.  FWIW this TB of mine plays better than other TB that I try, also if you looks at the top ply (your Viscaria, and my TB), the fish scale is better than average...
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 11:29am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

All 4 of my Viscaria are perfect, but I have a TB ALC that has an imperfection handle like yours, also note that the serial number on your Viscaria and my TB are fainted, not as deep and clear like the others.  From my research, I was lead to believe that it could be coming from China Market, they are real, but they did not pass through a tight QA inspection as the ones sold in NA, I bought mine used, so I can not verify where it's coming from.  FWIW this TB of mine plays better than other TB that I try, also if you looks at the top ply (your Viscaria, and my TB), the fish scale is better than average...

so it must play better than the avg ones... LOLLOL

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2014 at 11:40am

Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

so it must play better than the avg ones... LOLLOL

I don't know if it's due to the fish scale, but as stated, the one in mention play better than other TB that I try, and this is a reason why I still keep it Smile.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2014 at 12:43pm
Viscarias (83g-90g) - Group picture. Not counting the 84g "my old buddy's" personal favourite weight on hand. LOL

yet my own preference is the exact weight of 90g w/ cheap used Inspirit Saviga rubbers...Dunno why?

Edited by tiehwen - 04/13/2014 at 12:50pm
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 2:00am
Wow, your guys. 
How do you have time to play with all these Vis?
I gotta show your pics to wify. She said I had problem. Big smile

sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Viscarias (83g-90g) - Group picture. Not counting the 84g "my old buddy's" personal favourite weight on hand. LOL

Yabbut, are the handles on straight?

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Yabbut, are the handles on straight?

ALL good. Thumbs Up  ready for the summer coaching session.

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 1:06pm
Just realized one thing. 
Have they ever made in ST?
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 1:13pm
i'm looking for one (ST)

:)
patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 5:48pm
Tiehwen, jt99sf, 
I see your collection of Viscaria, very nice.  

I've never used Viscaria before, but I did play with a TB ALC with similar set up as mine (H3 FH & Donic M3 BH).  Can you please compare VIS and TB ALC on the difference?

Also, since you have a rather big collection of VIS, I am surprised you don't have a special made one.  You know, the one with no prints on the front.  I read on some Chinese forum that the special made are way better than the commercial version.  
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 6:25pm
they're not mine. They belong to my rich old US buddy.
Why spend 300 USD over to get a Custom make? I rather, if I've $$$, to buy 2 or 3 of my selected/preferred weight. Furthermore, custom makes look dull & the looks put me to sleep....Sleepy
Avallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 11:20am
all,
i need your help...
i got a black metal viscaria but i'm not sure this is real or fake
need your info

note:
1. it has no serial number (see pict)
2. it's black metal
3. the handle has been furnished with something that i do not know

an indonesian tennis table maniac

MY FEEDBACK

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 11:56am
looks real yet dirty to me....the handle probably had been sealed by the previous owner & it seems to me like a not very good job.
Avallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 12:14pm
thanks 4 ur comment bro tiehwen
an indonesian tennis table maniac

MY FEEDBACK

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 12:18pm
Looks completely authentic to me. It's well used, and then it looks like the handle has been sealed, but other than that it looks great. You should come join the official "Viscaria Club". Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic