Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my setup today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my setup today
    Posted: 04/14/2014 at 10:34pm
first time with this setup

donic persson carbotec
bluefire m1 (fh)
baxster f1-a

the first thing that surprises me is the light weight, it's around 167g.
I'm starting to like this bluefire m1.
good spin and speed.

the baxster is pretty fast and sometimes you get good sink.

the carbotec is awesome.
pretty similar to viscaria.
the only strange thing about carbotec is the very thin neck area, I don't think I saw another neck so thin.
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 10:53pm
That's a FAST setup!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 11:26pm
it has good speed but lot of control too.
I hit some nice smashes with the baxster, even though I hadn't been playing pips for a while.
the bluefire takes some time to get used to coming from tenergy but I think the change is good.
the tenergy I was using it since october/november 2013 and it started losing power and spin.
if I have to change the fh rubber so often I'd rather just use donic.

Edited by puppy412 - 04/14/2014 at 11:39pm
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 12:16am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

That's a FAST setup!

actually I'm afraid after having used amultart with tenergy both sides nothing will ever seem fast again Cry
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 10:47pm
Nexy Oscar with 2X Aurus was faster than Amulart with T05. I had to borrow that setup to hit in a club one day and was surprised at how controllable the Amulart / T05 combo was.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 10:57pm
What about the Andro blade? Man, you are leaving me as the only one in this forum using it. Shame on you
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 11:25pm
You go through set ups like water. Take a breath and use something more long term. You will see better results in your game.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

You go through set ups like water. Take a breath and use something more long term. You will see better results in your game.

He doesn't need you to figure that out... Wink
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Nexy Oscar with 2X Aurus was faster than Amulart with T05. I had to borrow that setup to hit in a club one day and was surprised at how controllable the Amulart / T05 combo was.

yep, it's excellent.
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2014 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

What about the Andro blade? Man, you are leaving me as the only one in this forum using it. Shame on you

now you can be the only one with andro csv off+ and I can be the only one with persson carbotec Wink
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 12:23am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

you do gain an advantage by staying with the same setup.
but it's a pretty small advantage.

also, as I said in my famous phrase, the way to get better in tt is training. training a lot for many years.
I don't train a lot, I play at most 2 times a week 1 hour with medium intensity.
I already got to the level I can achieve with that kind of training.
unless I make a radical change (which I won't) my level won't change much, no matter what equipment I use.

it's not like if you play 20 years 3 times a week you'll start at 1500 and end up at 2500.
you'll start at 1500, get to 2000 (or wherever your skill allows you to reach) in 3 years and then stay 17 years in the same level.

I don't care much if I'm 10 places above or 10 places below in the ranking.
so basically I'm free to try any equipment and I play only for fun.

Edited by puppy412 - 04/16/2014 at 2:14am
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 3:07am
But why even bother to change equipment? There's bugger all difference between all the stuff you try and it makes zero difference to your game. What part of it is fun? Cutting the rubber? The gluing process? I don't understand.

Edited by DDreamer - 04/16/2014 at 3:11am
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by DDreamer DDreamer wrote:

But why even bother to change equipment? There's bugger all difference between all the stuff you try and it makes zero difference to your game. What part of it is fun? Cutting the rubber? The gluing process? I don't understand.

to make it simple, I think change is fun and lack of change is boring.
but this is not something that concerns me and tt stuff only, the whole society is based on this idea.
why do people change cars, buy new clothes, change jobs, go on holidays, buy a new cell phone?

Edited by puppy412 - 04/16/2014 at 12:04pm
puppy412 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppy412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2014 at 10:30pm
today entered some
bluefire m1 - persson carbo tec - bryce speed fx

-m1 does not look so good as fh rubber anymore
-carbo tec is not so similar to viscaria, it feels softer, even though it has similar speed
-bryce speed fx felt pretty nice.
it's strange but I have more accuracy in flat hits with inverted rubber than with short pips.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic