Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The Official Viscaria Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2014 at 2:25pm
My Viscaria side-painted-red version...around 2.5st series LOL

Sponsored Links

Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

What did people eventually decide about it?  This seems like another one has been spotted, so I now believe they exist.

If you follow my link(s) it will always lead you to the blade (red line handle) of member TKMP. If you take a closer look at the pictures showing the blade you will see it is always the same blade. I never saw any picture showing a second one (with red line handle).
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2014 at 3:30pm
Ok, I see.  Thanks.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2014 at 7:34pm
So I take it Viscarias can vary in weight quite a bit...~82g to 92g or even more variation perhaps.  My question is, is there a general way this effects the balance of the blade?  If, say, a blade is on the heavy side, it is more likely the extra weight is in he handle?  or the head?  Or does it go both ways and there is no way to tell?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2014 at 9:37pm
After decades of playing and after owning tons of blades including many Viscarias I have concluded that there is no way to tell in advance how they will play.  Some people like the scaly look of wood on surface, and two of the best ones I ever had --- stolen out of my bag Angry -- had that look, but the one I have now that is just as good doesn't.  I don't think it is weight balance or total weight either (although I don't like the newer super-light ones).  It's not the tone they make when you knock them against your head.  The only way to know is to play with them.  One reason I own quite a few is that I ordered several trying to get one that was as good as the pair that were taken.  Currently I have four, one is perfect, one is pretty good, the other two are much less good.  That is a tough way to go at 105-130 apiece (the price range over the last couple of years).  I wish I had a better answer.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2014 at 9:45pm
good stuff, Baal, thanks.  So I can stop banging the blades around on my head?  :-)  I thought they might be on to something with that.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2014 at 11:59pm
Well, if the sound is way off, the blade will be too, but if the sound is right it doesn't mean the blade will be exactly the way you like it.  Sadly.
edizg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edizg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2014 at 8:30am
Hi, I would like to show you my Viscaria blades

As you can see, all of them has old black metal tag. Also, they don't have serial numbers. The first Viscaria FL from the right weighs 83.6 g, while the one in the middle is 86.7 g, Viscaria ST weighs 92.2 g. The previous owner of Viscaria ST obviously wasn't satisfied with the thickness of the handle, so he sanded it. I am planning to restore it and I am interested to buy lense of Viscaria ST or the whole handle if somebody here has broken Viscaria ST. 
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2014 at 1:56pm
In the meantime I received another four ladies. Yet not named, they have joined the Vis familyWink

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 2:54am

I have a pair too Wink

OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
guillem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guillem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2014 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

In the meantime I received another four ladies. Yet not named, they have joined the Vis familyWink

ShockedShockedShocked

ClapClapClap

You are such a fortunate man... Congratulations!!!

Guillem.

CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2014 at 5:52am

My great Viscaria (Fl, 84 g)... Amazing grace... I mean ... blade !

former tester and collector, now just player
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2014 at 9:36am
How does Tenzone play on it?
CornelTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornelTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 5:41am
Tenzone is one of the best FH rubbers for Viscaria. I turned back to T05 on FH because my instructor insisted to sell him the Tenzone after playing a few matches with my blade. I think Tenzone is a litle slower and more controlable compared to T05. The curve of the ball, the spin and the high throw angle is very similar to T05. Viscaria and Tenzone is a very good conbination.
former tester and collector, now just player
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 4:58am
I want to get myself in the club. I have an old Viscaria blade, is not in very good shape but love it! (Thanks a lot Trin for the blade).

Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
finspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 7:24am
if I can be join this club?
although I have filled with dirt that has not been cleanedBeer

dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 4:42am
Can I join the club? :)
89-90g

Edited by dannyreventon - 12/02/2014 at 4:43am
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2014 at 3:22am
Hello.
I've just traded this Viscaria with old tag.
Could someone estimate it's age?

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-JIb1MVt2AOWDNWTEF5NEFCNms&usp=sharing
Gewo Sensus Carbo Speed | Vega X
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2014 at 3:56am
Originally posted by flamingmdn flamingmdn wrote:

Hello.

It is the 2nd generation from  1997-2000, so between 14 and 17 years old

Edited by kakapo - 12/06/2014 at 3:57am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
edizg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edizg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2014 at 4:56am
Update of my collection...only first and second series. One more FL (1st gen) will come soon.

I also have one ST model (1st gen) without original handle, so if someone has broken Viscaria ST, I would like to buy just a handle. Of course, if someone tend to sell Viscaria from first or second generation, feel free to contact me :) Thanks!

Edited by edizg - 12/06/2014 at 4:58am
flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 5:06am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Originally posted by flamingmdn flamingmdn wrote:

Hello.

It is the 2nd generation from  1997-2000, so between 14 and 17 years old

Thanks! And what's its average price if I suddenly decide to sell it?
Gewo Sensus Carbo Speed | Vega X
edizg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edizg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 6:04am
Average price for Viscaria from 2nd gen is 200 eur.
Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 10:36am
Hello Everyone!

My name is Navin and I'm the newest member to The Official Viscaria Club and have the honor of having purchased Timo1978's amazing 1st generation S T Viscaria paddle recently.  This is my first experience ever with the Viscaria and my first ever experience with Butterfly straight handles... all I can say is that the Viscaria straight handle is the most amazing handle I've ever held, which is important to me because I'm a USA Paralympic Table Tennis player and the first in history with Parkinson's Disease so because of my hand shaking, finding the right paddle is critical for my comfort and ability to play table tennis so I'm honored to say that this Viscaria is the most comfortable handle that I'll gladly use going forward in international Paralympic table tennis competition.  For those of you unfamiliar with my story I invite you all to check out the USATT link in my signature below.  It's a 9 minute film documentary done by a filmmaker to help share my story with the world and hopefully inspire people in the process to play table tennis for good health.  Picture of my Viscaria is below...

Current Club Members:
1. Pondus
2. jt99sf
3. zeio
4. mhnh007
5. tiehwen
6. kakapo
7. Timo1978
8. Dean
9. Giangt
10. Emihet
11. Navin323i

Hollywood Movie Actor - https://www.imdb.me/Navin-P-Kumar
USA Para Table Tennis Player & 1st w/ Parkinson's Disease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uHC9Bj64bg
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 11:07am
good luck man.. and you've got a beauty..
H3 Prov. |MJ SZLC | 05 FX
Navin323i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navin323i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2015 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by illinichamps illinichamps wrote:

good luck man.. and you've got a beauty..

Thank you, Sir.  All the very best to you, my friend.  Smile
Hollywood Movie Actor - https://www.imdb.me/Navin-P-Kumar
USA Para Table Tennis Player & 1st w/ Parkinson's Disease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uHC9Bj64bg
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 6:32am
My second Viscaria old tag, thanks to Timo1978 for an awesome help:

Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 9:37am
Johnny, that one is PERFECT!!!!!    I love them when they have fishscales like that. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 9:50am
My current stable of Viscarias (plus two almost-Viscarias).

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

My current stable of Viscarias (plus two almost-Viscarias).

verrry nice. I'm still looking to find that first one worth buying :)

Click the picture for feedback ^
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

My second Viscaria old tag, thanks to Timo1978 for an awesome help:

Thanks John, but the flowers should go to the repairman in this case because he did a great Job as usual.

Here Pictures of the Viscaria before the Restauration process

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic