Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adam Bobrow Wins ITTF Voice of TT Contest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adam Bobrow Wins ITTF Voice of TT Contest
    Posted: 04/17/2014 at 3:32am
Baal, eat your heart out.

Edited by NextLevel - 04/17/2014 at 3:33am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 3:50am
Ha-ha, this will be a feast to the ears.

"An extrovert character Adam Bobrow describes himself"...

Better say, an eccentric...

But good choice, congrats to both Adam and ITTF. At least we will have some fun. The best ITTF can do now is to appoint Richard Prause as the Expert Voice of ITTF.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 9:03am
Go Adam.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 10:02am
He was my vote. I listened to the three candidates on YouTube and thought Adam was the best
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 10:18am
Actually, there were no other eligible contestants.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 7:58pm
I pick Adam Shhar... I mean Bobrow, when he met me he knew my first and last names so I gave him a shirt
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2014 at 9:03pm
He deserved it really. He had my vote.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

No GIFs? Disappointed!!!Angry
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

No GIFs? Disappointed!!!Angry

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 5:24pm
    Mr. Bobrow. Do we need the chronic buffoon to represent our sport ??

To my own taste, above all we need a beasty militarian roaring in harsh voice all the time as commentator, to set all the audience's blood stormy.
Table tennis is rather a fierce, carnal BATTLE than a friendly drinking party inherent in a students' campus.

Sure, Adham Bobrow is a nice cheerful boy, a true comedian character.   Due to this, he is most likely to detract a good deal from the martial spirit of the sport, I'm afraid.
   Because of Adham's laughable narration, we have likely to get a sort of trashy vaudeville of our sport.

I don't like vaudeville in any form, I want to see bloody, exciting art of puginism on the court.

Mr. Bobrow is not my favourite character, anyway....
mwechsler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwechsler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 8:34pm
You're redundant!Smile
I know him personally and I think he is a great commentator, who will bring much needed enthusiasm and useful analysis to the games, and yes, I do think he's a nice guy! Maybe his technical analysis will provoke debate among all of us amateur experts out there, but that would not be so bad.Clap
Marius
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 9:02pm
Igor, lay off the stimulants and get some sleep
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
ByeByeAbout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ByeByeAbout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Mr. Bobrow. Do we need the chronic buffoon to represent our sport ??

To my own taste, above all we need a beasty militarian roaring in harsh voice all the time as commentator, to set all the audience's blood stormy.
Table tennis is rather a fierce, carnal BATTLE than a friendly drinking party inherent in a students' campus.

Sure, Adham Bobrow is a nice cheerful boy, a true comedian character.   Due to this, he is most likely to detract a good deal from the martial spirit of the sport, I'm afraid.
   Because of Adham's laughable narration, we have likely to get a sort of trashy vaudeville of our sport.

I don't like vaudeville in any form, I want to see bloody, exciting art of puginism on the court.

Mr. Bobrow is not my favourite character, anyway....

gor

it was either bobrow's amiable a$$ clown act or a russian with a perpetually unhappy dimeanor  

guess vaudeville won out. 

if you play your cards right and align your matryoshka dolls in order maybe you will get an invite for your vlad the impaler routine along with the other side show freaksClap

regards
rick

koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2014 at 12:07am
I've known Adam since he was in high school. He is a good guy, a true table tennis aficionado and a great ambassador for our sport.
Moreover, despite his cheerful demeanor, he actually understands the game of table tennis so his commentary can range anywhere from technical to comedic. That makes him a great choice.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic