Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Jun Mizutani Super ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2014 at 10:04pm
Received mine. The handle is perfect for me, tuhe Mizutani zlc was not thick enough for me. The weight repartition is perfect. Tried some tricks against a robot : the feel is crazy, the power incredible, I really hope that it will be the same in real life game ! i'll have more to tell you tomorrow.
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2014 at 11:52pm
great reviews guys
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 4:08am
Played 2-3 times with it. I'm ok with the review of Sunny. But it's really, really fast ; the control is difficult when you are tired or not in a good day. It's a blade that needs you to be at top level of your physical health. Then you feel as if you were Fan Zhendong... but if you're tired, you feel as if you were Full Zhen-down... 
Anyway this blade gives an incredible amount of pleasure playing with it. Really amazing.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 6:34am
gromousse,
I thought the handles were the same??  I asked this question and got the answer that they were the same.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 9:52am
New ZLC blades (with various wood combinations) have started popping up for $100 - $150 (the Donic series).
We have SZLC / jointless / natural glue blades available for $100 - $150 (the Xiom Vega series).

And Butterfly not only created a very high price point for it's SZLC series, it has had huge success so far while doing so.

Full marks / credit to Butterfly Clap
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

Played 2-3 times with it. I'm ok with the review of Sunny. But it's really, really fast ; the control is difficult when you are tired or not in a good day. It's a blade that needs you to be at top level of your physical health. Then you feel as if you were Fan Zhendong... but if you're tired, you feel as if you were Full Zhen-down... 
Anyway this blade gives an incredible amount of pleasure playing with it. Really amazing.

LOL ...in essence you are saying blade wont play for you and control everything when you are tired but you have to play with the blade and control it. Damn...Butterfly, I think for the price they could have put a playing engine in it...but I am glad you are having great fun like I am.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 10:06am
More like he's saying that the blade is demanding, and that when your timing is off, which usually happens when you're tired, this becomes hard to play.

I would certainly enjoy an engine on my bat though.
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

More like he's saying that the blade is demanding, and that when your timing is off, which usually happens when you're tired, this becomes hard to play.

I knew that...Wink was just adding humor..Big smile
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

To keep in mind, your game will go down when you are tired with any racket:

• Muscles don't move in smooth motion
  • You will shorten your actions to make the strokes
  • Will avoid anything that will take more energy including full footwork which you could perform early
  • Will change your playing style to just hang on in the game like from aggressive to less aggressive or neutral
  • Mind will tell you are you are tired and you can not do what you normally can
  • Desire to win, play right strokes will be low
In all...you are not yourself.. not same as when you are fresh and your ability to play with any racket will be low, JM SZLC or any other, unless you have engine in JM SZLC which can play itself. 

This is the time when you say, I don't want to be discouraged and will come back to play after rest or another day...

Edited by sunny - 09/03/2014 at 11:24am
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 12:44pm
Forgive my english, I'm French so I can't put the same nuances as an englishman. That's right when you are tired you are not the same player and you can't do what you want. In that case, you have to look for a game more quiet that let you possibilities to win points anyway. With some blades like 506 or even DHS W997, I'm able to make points without have to hit hard the ball, playing more with spin and less with speed, let my opponent do the first attack so that I can block, etc. With the SZLC it's hard to do because there is a slight difference between sending a topspin quietly or sending a air/air rocket. And just a little variation of bat angle, and the ball is 2 meters out, so when you are tired, the block is not safer than topspin. The blade is unforgiving mistakes just because of its power. That's what I wanted to say...
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 1:07pm
gromousse,

To some extent you do have a point, I used to have similar thoughts with JM, it is pretty fast too. After few years of not being able to control blocks properly (for sure I did not practice blocking enough so my blocking did not improve), I was looking for easier way to block and went with more controlled blade, but soon found that I am missing all good spin I used to get, also power was lot less but had better control and points would not finish when I could originally. Soon that got frustrating as I missed my old spinney and power game. Soon I went back to JM. I decided to make a change, work on my technique, footwork and anticipation to control blocks and topspins better. 

The reason I am sharing this is as I understand you just got the blade (as per your August 31st post) and have not spent few weeks playing with it, it takes that much time to get used to new blade or rubbers. After which you would have adjusted your angles as per better understanding of the blade/racket speed/spin.

When I posted my review, it was after using the blade for few weeks. As per my last review I was still working on generating more spin on forehand topspin and my backhand chiquita serve openings, now I am able to do that much better. If fact last I played spin and control was like I was playing with my old JM racket though with more power and spin when I needed it. Some points we played after multiple angle difficult rallies even amazed my partner and myself. The point is give yourself some time, adjust to speed of the racket and accordingly your angles and then you would start feeling a difference, this is a required aspect when you use new blade.

Just my thoughts...

gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 1:27pm
Oh yes, you are surely right. I just got this blade and it appears that it's really quicker that what I was used to. I tried it with two T80fx, I think I will go back to T05fx to have less speed and improve spin so I hope I will get more control. It's a bad thing I got the blade so late in the year, my chmpionships start on september 20th so I have short time to improve with the blade.
My questionning is actually : should I play with it right now or should I wait with a slowler blade for the first competition ? If I do that I'll have to wait 8 months... but the SZLC is so nice to play I think I won't be able to let it in it's box. I will try it tonight with a H3neo in the backhand, then I'll try T05fx 2.1/1.9. Wait and see...
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2014 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

Oh yes, you are surely right. I just got this blade and it appears that it's really quicker that what I was used to. I tried it with two T80fx, I think I will go back to T05fx to have less speed and improve spin so I hope I will get more control. It's a bad thing I got the blade so late in the year, my chmpionships start on september 20th so I have short time to improve with the blade.
My questionning is actually : should I play with it right now or should I wait with a slowler blade for the first competition ? If I do that I'll have to wait 8 months... but the SZLC is so nice to play I think I won't be able to let it in it's box. I will try it tonight with a H3neo in the backhand, then I'll try T05fx 2.1/1.9. Wait and see...

I would play with it, each week you will get better. Just evaluate for which strokes it is going out and adjust in few ways, one lower the angle or close the angle of the blade if it is going out, two spin more (softer shot) to have a parabola that comes back on the table and lastly for harder strokes aim to hit the ball towards the middle of opponents table, that will give you about a foot and half from the edge of the table to allow for possible mistake or over hit.

Due to its sweeter spot and your getting used to it you will like it more each week. Besides with new balls you would need to compensate balls marginally slower speed with a faster blade to keep the same strokes.
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 10:36am
Well I've tried H3neo and T05fx on the Mizu SZLC. The H3neo was quite good, better control in short game than 80fx, better spin too. But after having played 3 years with H3neo and switched to tenergy fx, I don't like the H3neo anymore. The H3neo is very good but you need to hit hard each stroke, it's really difficult to play slowly. And if you catch the ball with a wrong angle, the ball doesn't leave your racket ; even for flat balls the H3neo is simply disgusting... of course I knew all that before playing with the SZLC, there's no relation between that and the blade. I could say anyway that the SZLC make the H3neo easier to play with,  and with more pleasure. But there is no way to compare it with the pleasure I take with tenergy fx. And when I tried a flat stroke with the H3neo and saw it go to the wall or down into the net without any reason... I could have sent the racket through the window ! Fortunately there was no window in the room I was playing Clown

Then I tried T05fx 2.1 in the forehand and T05fx 1.9 in the backhand. Oh my god, this combo fits perfectly my game ! The 05fx catches the ball and allows the Mizu to give power and surgical precision. I'm really able to control the speed as the 05fx is more "resistive", you have to hit more inside it to give speed. The spin is totally insane, I feel I could simply break any block... Even blocks are not so difficult as you can overspin the ball of the opponent. The serves are so spinny than my usual partners were really surprised. And it's all right against any player ; if the opponent is better than me, the racket helps me to increase my level, adding power, spin and even control to my strokes ; but when the opponent is lower level than me, I can easily play slowly, just hitting the ball with maximum spin, minimizing the risk, and win without any difficulty.

I'm used to play with really good blades, played 2 years with a 506 "Ma Long personal blade" which is very good, and spent 3 months with a W997 which was really good too... I was starting thinking that I would never find a better blade than these professionnal blades... and Butterfly just blowed it away with a commercial blade... well, not much cheaper than my other blades, but so easier to find !

I'm looking for a second Mizutani SZLC which could be 87-88g, because I suffer sometimes from my shoulder or wrist. But however I keep the Mizutani SZLC for the championship with the two T05fx. It's for now the better blade I have never played with, and I tried several blades, you can trust me...
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 6:40am
after 4 weeks playing with this blade i think i can say a few words about it.

It is really good in 1st place-for a commercial blade.
It give you a confidence and power any distance,any shot.
Like the 1st jun mizutani this is really a blade for a very good player 2100<

In a hand of a skilled player will review full ponential.
however skilled players will never spend that much on a blade :)

Many of you already mentioned many positives.
however this blade also got some cons.

It requires excellent timing,very good skills and it lack control in short-game.
IT is quite easy if you are playing vs weaker oponent.
But if you are playing with same level or higher than you,than you might suffer on your shots around the net.
And your hand really need to be relaxed otherwise all  your shots will miss the table.

I play with 05,and it is really easy to generate monster amount of spin.
same goes for BH.

I think this blade goes very well with euro/jap rubber.
If some of you have tried with h3 or spin art i will be quite happy if you guys share your thoughts.

I am still playing with it,but on a tournament mathches i do many errors.
however i will give this blade 2-3 months and i hope i will get use to it.

Otherwise i might go for a Violin(92+ grams)witch for me is the best 5ply comercial blade.
It just got everything you need.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 7:11am
t64t64t64 you could also use your tenergy in thinner version, as 1,9mm...It would be a lot more easy to handle!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 7:22am
there is still little to none margin for a error.
i tried in the begging with 1.9 now i use 2.1 i dont find much of a difference.
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 9:13am
Who has got the lightest Mizutani Super ZLC ? What weight ? Mine is 90g and I would like to find a lighter one.
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 9:40am
hmm, its tough to find below 90g over here. 
The lightest i encountered so far was 87g for the jun mizutani super zlc sample version, not commercial version.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 1:53pm
I got 84 grams 

pm me with your price
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

there is still little to none margin for a error.
i tried in the begging with 1.9 now i use 2.1 i dont find much of a difference.

Pitty...I use a kreanga's blade wich is tamca 5000 and it is quite fast...so I use 1,9mm.I have changed from 2,1mm as I write in my signature!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 3:57pm
I believe mine is around 85 gms though I have not weighed it, it is definitely lighter than my old JM which is around 89 gm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 7:03am
I am also looking for a light one.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 3:19pm
Old vicaria vs jm szlc? Thinking about buying one
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 3:46pm
The two blades are really different. Old viscaria softer, send balls higher, mizu SZLC much faster, harder and more powerful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 4:01pm
When u say softer do u mean more control less power?
What is the advantage an old viscaria has over the jm
And vis versa?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2014 at 4:03pm
And do u think the jm is more suitable for the new balls? That is what i am concerned about as well
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2014 at 7:09pm
Softer is softer, opposite to harder, I'm talking about the feeling when you hit the ball. I think "control" is really personal thing. The viscaria sends balls with higher throw than mizu SZLC. It´s better for some players but I was always shooting balls away with it, especially when I was blocking. By the way I think Mizu is more powerful than viscaria (old or new). I was playing T64fx on viscaria whereas I can't control T80fx on mizu, I can only manage with T05fx's speed, and don't imagine one second living with T64fx on mizu. Even my H3 was dynamite on the mizu.
For new balls I don't know. I feel I can produce more spin with Mizu and it's definitely more powerful than viscaria. But plastic balls seem to oblige to always move forward. And no blade will help you for that.
finspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 12:38am
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

hmm, its tough to find below 90g over here. 
The lightest i encountered so far was 87g for the jun mizutani super zlc sample version, not commercial version.

whether it can be exchanged with my sardius
PM Me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 9:22am
Thanks bro, I think this really helps my decision on my purchase.
i guess if i am gonna spend over 300 bucks on a new blade I should
go with the best ^^ Hopefully butterfly doesn't come out with a 
better blade right after i purchase it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic