Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Jun Mizutani Super ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 9:45am
Hi guys, can someone compare Jm szlc to Xiom Vega pro blade? Does they have the same characteristics? Tnx
Impossible is really impossible
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 9:55am
Originally posted by kucharski kucharski wrote:

Hi guys, can someone compare Jm szlc to Xiom Vega pro blade? Does they have the same characteristics? Tnx

I've had both.

The MJ SZLC is much faster, more powerful and harder than the XVP. The XVP has better control.
kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 10:06am
Can you say that zvp is faster or has equivalent power with the regular jm?
Impossible is really impossible
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2014 at 3:57pm
Even regular JM is faster than XVP. But XVP has much more control.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2014 at 12:11pm
Anybody using H3 with the jm szlc? 
or is this just suitable with only tenergy?
I guess i will soon find out but just wanted to know what others thought
of a h3 fh on the jm feels like.
just bought it and it will come in a few days..

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2014 at 6:03pm
My findings so far:
Great on serves, spinny and also fast serves are great and accurate.
Backhand block, spin, counter spin is the best I experienced so far
Forehand of the bounce is really safe fast and spiny little chance to be returned
Counter loops are just joyful and out of this world due to its bounciness and little sensitivity to in coming spin.
Pushes are low and frustrating for the opponent
Short game: flicks are just great , drop shots are dead as it is insensitive to incoming spin. But if you misread the opponent serve it is a disaster and is unforgivable at all.
And as other members found it is solid crisp consistent and a joy to play with, really as if you are making love:)
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

Who has got the lightest Mizutani Super ZLC ? What weight ? Mine is 90g and I would like to find a lighter one.

I just received a 85.6g FL, 5.75mm thick Smile. That is equivalent to a 84g MJ (as the handle is beefier than MJ's).
Shall try it out tomorrow with 2 T05.

Earlier, I had briefly tried a 89g one but found it to be too fast for me (I'm a MJ user). Hopefully, this piece ticks the boxes.

Edited by slevin - 11/04/2014 at 3:47pm
limjo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

Softer is softer, opposite to harder, I'm talking about the feeling when you hit the ball. I think "control" is really personal thing. The viscaria sends balls with higher throw than mizu SZLC. It´s better for some players but I was always shooting balls away with it, especially when I was blocking. By the way I think Mizu is more powerful than viscaria (old or new). I was playing T64fx on viscaria whereas I can't control T80fx on mizu, I can only manage with T05fx's speed, and don't imagine one second living with T64fx on mizu. Even my H3 was dynamite on the mizu.
For new balls I don't know. I feel I can produce more spin with Mizu and it's definitely more powerful than viscaria. But plastic balls seem to oblige to always move forward. And no blade will help you for that.

Sent you gromousse PM

I find both ZJk SZLC & MJ SZLC have similar plays except that ZJk SZLC is good from near to mid distance while MSZLC is better from mid to far from the table. When I made a full power return from serve I tend to overhit the table with MJ SZLC which does not happen when I use the ZJk SZLC. In addition I feel ZJk SZLC has got a softer feel even though it is more bouncy than MJ SZLC in short play. I think if you have both blades (I happen to test my friend's MJ SZLC) you can use ZJK SZLC you're still fresh and the MJ SZLC when you are a bit tired. I have both AN & FL versions of ZJK SZLC & I could trade one with MJ SZLC if anyone is interested to test it as I like to further test/compare these 2 blades without forking additional extra bucks.

Edited by limjo - 11/12/2014 at 2:46am
My feedback link:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65760&title=limjo-buy-sell-trade-feedback
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 11:32pm
I tried ZJK SZLC (w/T05)  briefly (couple of games) and I wonder  - what levels do you guys play on ? Cause it's a cannon...just like MJ as I remember....Viscaria is so much friendlier than those blades. After this trial I refused to consider BTY SZLC blades as an option for myself.  
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Gtbana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtbana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 12:28pm
Just read your post and the same for me. After a long long layoff I came back to TT and made a mistake of going for the best. Hugh mistake!!!
If I keep at it I may be able to use it someday but for me now I use the Infinity VPS V and I'm happy.
BTY Viscaria, T05,V>401
BTY Innerforce, T05, T64
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2015 at 7:52am
how is this blade perform as regard short game (especially recieving and pushing) and bouncing ?

can anyone compare its control as regard TBS's control ?

thanks in advance
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

pepinho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2015 at 8:16am
JM SZLC is a lot bouncier than TBS. Yes, everybody says it has a great control but it is for an OFF+ blade. You just can not compare the control of TBS with JM SZLC. I played 1 year with  JM SZLC and switched back to Viscaria because of the control. Short game is good but it depends of the hand too ;) The JM SZLC is a blade for pro level players.
MJ ZLC • D09C • D09C
===
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74522&title=feedback-pepinho
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2015 at 10:24am
Short-end bounciness: MJ-ZLC < MJ-SZLC < Viscaria / TB-ALC

However, MJ-SZLC has more power / rebound than the other two blades above when it comes to anything but short game. 

Re: short game of MJ-SZLC vs Viscaria:

Pushes: MJ-SZLC > Viscaria: first, limba is a less bouncy and spinnier material than koto. More important: SZLC is a spinnier composite material than ZLC or ALC. Both these facts imply that innocent-looking pushes are loaded with spin your opponent does not expect.

Precision: This is also important - MJ-SZLC is a bit stiffer than Viscaria. So, you are more precise with it in short game (for me, flexier the blade, the worse it is for me in the short game)

Serves: I prefer using the spinny limba + SZLC for serves than the koto + ALC

Serve-receive: Here, it depends. If you know how to handle the server's spin, then MJ-SZLC is better (as you can control with your spin). If you don't know (or if the server is using hidden serves), then you'd want TB-ALC / Viscaria.

Feel: MJ-SZLC gives very good feedback in short game whereas Viscaria is a bit numb.

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2015 at 5:26pm
I played both, viscaria is spinnier but mj szlc has a larger sweet spot thus better control feedback. If you like the spin characteristics of viscaria and the the sharp feel of szlc go for mizutani zlc it has both and the best blade ever off the table (2-3 meters )
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2015 at 4:13pm
i wonder what is the rate of this blade as regard stiffness and hardness  according to table tennis db score from 10 ?

TBS for example on tabletennis db has a score of 5.4 average stiffness and 6.0 for hardness

so what is the score of jm szlc ?(i know the score of this blade on tt db what i want is the score of members used this blade based on ttdb scale )

thanks in advance

Edited by manraid - 12/26/2015 at 4:14pm
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2015 at 11:15pm
Stiffer than TBS. One of the stiffest blades available.

Hardness: On very soft hits, TBS is softer. Otherwise, MJ-SZLC is softer.

manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2015 at 5:05am
hi slevin thanks for your answer

is mjszlc has the same stiffness as gergely carbon?
MJ SZLC ST

BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2015 at 8:30am
Never played with GC
ijuin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2017 at 6:33am
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

Hello again! 

Here's some pictures to tease you guys LOL

How come my Super ZLC looks different, my backhand has a green orb kinda thing ... and I have to say forehand feels very uncomfortable ... I have to switch side to use this blade, forehand on bh and backhand on fh .... anyone got the same issue as me?
vispowerspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vispowerspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2017 at 10:25am
You got the new version of the blade
W968
FH: T05
BH: T05
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2017 at 1:35pm
Probably u received a bad exemplar...

Edited by timoboll89 - 08/25/2017 at 1:35pm
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2017 at 5:08am
ijuin you have the new deisign blade. You have 100% legit stuff.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic