Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which ball should our club buy to test?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which ball should our club get?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [36.36%]
6 [54.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which ball should our club buy to test?
    Posted: 07/25/2014 at 10:35am
Curious to get the vote reaction from those of you who have tried the new ball.

I think it's time our club purchases some of the new balls to test out at club. We're located in the US and of local suppliers, current poly balls being offered are.

- JOOLA Super-P 3-Star Poly Ball (megaspin.net)

- Donic 40+ 3-Star Poly Ball (megaspin.net)

- Nittaku 3-Star SHA 40+ (paddlepalace.com)

All these balls are roughly the same price. Which one should we get to test? 

Since I'm guessing most of us haven't played with all 3 balls, you could look at this question as... "Which one have you played with that you felt played okay (maybe even good) with?"
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 11:53am
From what I can tell, those are all seamed balls and pretty much the same, so go with the cheapest.  I have tried Joola, DHS, Double  Fish. 
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 11:57am
Probably all made in China by the same company..
Shifter
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 12:04pm
I played briefly with the Nittaku and didn't think it was too bad.  The speed and spin are definitely down but I was expecting much worse.  This forum tends to prepare you for the worst.

Blockers will have a field day and loopers will need to adjust to the missing spin on balls blocked back or they will put it into the net.  In my brief time with the ball, I found it ridiculously easy to block.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 12:17pm
I wouldn't buy the balls until after the first of the year.  I doubt we'll see any tournaments use them until 2015. 
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I wouldn't buy the balls until after the first of the year.  I doubt we'll see any tournaments use them until 2015.  

I think it would be better to get a jump start on what ball is good for the club. Our club has our annual Open in January and in the summer we have our state games. In both these events I think it would be nice to play with the poly ball. That means deciding which one we like now.

Unless at a later time, there's a significant price break in the balls, something I don't see happening any time soon, I don't see much reason to wait.

This is just my personal opinion but it's hard for me to want to train hard with current celluloid balls when we know the game is changing for good right around the corner. I'd rather spend that time getting acclimated to the new ball.

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

From what I can tell, those are all seamed balls and pretty much the same, so go with the cheapest.  I have tried Joola, DHS, Double  Fish. 

This is interesting/good feedback. Makes the decision easier if they don't really differ all that much between them.

Edited by suds79 - 07/25/2014 at 12:29pm
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 12:26pm
Reading the USATT minutes last night it was clear that the organization is in dire condition, losing memberships, finances low, leadership vacant and nobody on the horizon.  They voted to keep the 40C for this year nationals and combine that with few  tournaments scheduled this year using any of the new 40+ balls makes one realize that the U.S. organization and clubs  has a go slow feeling about adopting any of the  wide array of plastic balls approved by the ITTF.  There clearly is a wide breach within ITTF regarding these new balls not only between manufactures but seamless and seamed, durability issues and how each will impact the game and player acceptance of these balls.  The international organization is betting that the top players will pull everyone else into the new ball sphere and make its introduction and acceptance easier. 
 The U.S. needs to focus on keeping its clubs healthy and growing they are the only venue to widening the sports popularity and developing stronger training and future players.  Hopefully clubs will put the new ball on the back burner and let ITTF and USATT sort out the mess they have created otherwise they will get caught up in which version of the new ball or old creating winners and losers within the club and generating a negative environment for growth. The final plastic ball winner may take years to resolve or could move quickly into  resolution but individual clubs have no control over these decisions and need to tread carefully.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

Probably all made in China by the same company..
yes
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by lineup32 lineup32 wrote:

Reading the USATT minutes last night it was clear that the organization is in dire condition, losing memberships, finances low, leadership vacant and nobody on the horizon.  They voted to keep the 40C for this year nationals and combine that with few  tournaments scheduled this year using any of the new 40+ balls makes one realize that the U.S. organization and clubs  has a go slow feeling about adopting any of the  wide array of plastic balls approved by the ITTF.  There clearly is a wide breach within ITTF regarding these new balls not only between manufactures but seamless and seamed, durability issues and how each will impact the game and player acceptance of these balls.  The international organization is betting that the top players will pull everyone else into the new ball sphere and make its introduction and acceptance easier. 
 The U.S. needs to focus on keeping its clubs healthy and growing they are the only venue to widening the sports popularity and developing stronger training and future players.  Hopefully clubs will put the new ball on the back burner and let ITTF and USATT sort out the mess they have created otherwise they will get caught up in which version of the new ball or old creating winners and losers within the club and generating a negative environment for growth. The final plastic ball winner may take years to resolve or could move quickly into  resolution but individual clubs have no control over these decisions and need to tread carefully.

I think that since we will most certainly at some point be using the plastic balls (ITTF pressure means manufacturers will stop making the celluloid ones, probably), then it is dumb to delay the transition.

The worst possible outcome is to have to play with both kinds of balls.

I think if US players have to continue to be prepared to use celluloid, when they play abroad they will be in big trouble.  That doesn't matter much to guys like me, but it is still not a good plan. 
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 1:14pm

I think that since we will most certainly at some point be using the plastic balls (ITTF pressure means manufacturers will stop making the celluloid ones, probably), then it is dumb to delay the transition.

The worst possible outcome is to have to play with both kinds of balls.

I think if US players have to continue to be prepared to use celluloid, when they play abroad they will be in big trouble.  That doesn't matter much to guys like me, but it is still not a good plan. 

Rather then rush out and try to replace a proven winner with a unpopular item best to take time to test and get a wide variety of player feedback about any new ball otherwise one risks pissing off a wide group of current players who no longer wish to participate in the sport and the new ball is not attractive to new players.  
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 1:23pm
You would just be delaying the inevitable.  Still, I completely understand the dilemma.  I am going to play tonight.  Not sure which ball we should use.  I think we should just get it over with.  The proven winner (celluloid) will eventually go the way of the dodo bird and the passenger pigeon.  Don't believe it?  Go try to order some 38 mm balls.

Edit added.  I can't imagine being sufficient upset about any of the 40+ balls I have tried that I would quit the sport, certainly these plastic balls are not that bad.  People who are that sensitive are probably going to quit anyway.  And some people will like them better.

The worst possible scenario is to have to try to play with both kinds of balls.
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 1:30pm

You would just be delaying the inevitable.  Still, I completely understand the dilemma.  I am going to play tonight.  Not sure which ball we should use.  I think we should just get it over with.  The proven winner will eventually go the way of the dodo bird and the passenger pigeon.  Don't believe it?  Go try to order some 38 mm balls.

Edit added.  I can't imagine being sufficient upset about any of the 40+ balls I have tried that I would quit the sport, certainly these plastic balls are not that bad.  People who are that sensitive are probably going to quit anyway.  And some people will like them better.

Yes I have little or no motivation to train with the celluloid ball. I don't train with the 38mm ball. 

I also don't believe for one second that players are going to quit over this. Yes, I think there will be some who grumble. And probably grumble for some time. However, with each passing day it will be considered the new norm. No longer players will think "this ball doesn't do this as good as the celluloid ball." anymore. They'll begin to see it as the new normal.

Baal, what poly ball do you typically hit with of recent?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 1:37pm
I have used the Joola 40+ the most, also tried DHS and Double Fish, they were all seamed and I could not tell any difference.  All of this is over the last three days or so.  All are made in China, which leads me to believe they are made in the same factory.  (I don't know this for a fact).  Tried a seamless one earlier, it was quite different, I did not like it as much. 

These new balls will require some adjustments but they are not the end of the world at all.

A couple of days ago I did a test where I pulled out a joola 40+ ball, but did not tell my partner, who had not played with one before.  He noticed the difference within about one minute or less, stared at the ball and asked what it was.  We used it the rest of the night.  He is a SP penholder, it suited him nicely.
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

This is just my personal opinion but it's hard for me to want to train hard with current celluloid balls when we know the game is changing for good right around the corner. I'd rather spend that time getting acclimated to the new ball.

There are reasons why celluloid balls are still good for training:
1) It has more spin (great for counter hits training, e.g. looping very heavy underspin balls)
2) Faster (great for reaction / quickness training)

The plastic balls are good for serve training and that's about it.

You got to remember, these plastic balls are still subject to change, so until that final changes have taken place the current plastic balls cannot be relied on.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 4:10pm
The one most compelling argument for practicing with plastic balls is that this is likely to be what we will all be playing with before too long, once current stock of celluloid balls is gone.  Once plastic becomes the standard, it makes absolutely no sense to practice with anything else----unless you see some advantage to mistiming, misjudging trajectory, and using tactics that are not optimal.  But I have to say that I am very undecided in my mind as to when to start playing with them more or less all the time.  I think I will do it once everybody else I usually play with does it.  I for one doubt we will see a lot of change in these balls going forward.  The way these things play now is a feature, not a bug, and we can't expect to ever see plastic balls that play like the 40 mm celluloid ones.  If that was ever the plan, the new ones would not be larger. 
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 4:32pm
@Baal I have not seen any info from ITTF that they will ban the 40C or is this your idea?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 4:49pm

@Baal I have not seen any info from ITTF that they will ban the 40C or is this your idea?

The ITTF has already banned the 40C from its tour/events.  The real question is when the national associations will follow suit.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 4:53pm

ITTF has not officially "banned" the 40C, but no ITTF-sanctioned tournaments listed on its website to be held past 09/01/2014 will be using the 40C.  Action speaks louder than words.  40C is history and effectively "banned" at all ITTF events starting this September.
Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 4:58pm
I will not use the plastic ball until after my last tournament (Nationals I assume) that uses the celluloid ball. 
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 5:01pm
I don't see the point of disbanding celluloid balls in training. As I noted earlier, celluloid balls are faster and more spinny, therefore making training all that relatively harder. The only benefit I see in training with the plastic balls is serve because you want to learn to make your serve more effective.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by hithithit hithithit wrote:

I don't see the point of disbanding celluloid balls in training. As I noted earlier, celluloid balls are faster and more spinny, therefore making training all that relatively harder. The only benefit I see in training with the plastic balls is serve because you want to learn to make your serve more effective.

It will hurt the looper but aid the blocker somewhat.

The bounce is sufficiently different and if you are a spin oriented player, it hurts your game because shots that win in practice will not win in real matches.  As someone who worked hard to become a spin oriented player, the ball is going to hurt my forehand considerably and my backhand a little less so but still noticeably.

Over time, playing with the new ball, I would master the art of playing with less arc.  It's just to easy to block supposedly heavy topspin on the new ball because the sideways movement is too easy to track.

Edited by NextLevel - 07/25/2014 at 5:07pm
Cybershape Carbon
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 5:07pm

From my limited experience with the 40P, it is easy to get an inverted rubber serve to imitate a long pips serve like your using the 40C.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I will not use the plastic ball until after my last tournament (Nationals I assume) that uses the celluloid ball. 

Exactly.  If the NA Teams and the Nationals remain 40C, then 40C it is until the new year.
Cybershape Carbon
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

The ITTF has already banned the 40C from its tour/events.  The real question is when the national associations will follow suit.

In order words Baal's opinion not ITTF or any association rule.  

First off only a very tiny slice of the TT players play in international TT events which holds true for every domestic association official sanctioned tournaments.  Most of the club players I know in my area play in local RR and shun sanctioned tournaments for expense and time considerations not to mention wear and tear on the body. The only group that attends sanctioned tournaments on a regular basis is the junior segment and that group tends to by U15 as they get older the drop out rate is high. The number of small local clubs in towns and cities around the country will be in no hurry to replace balls and convert to plastic just because RoundRobin and Baal think thats a good idea!
Manufactures that have built good business off the 40C rubbers and blades are in no hurry to see that disappear and have to be wondering what the business landscape will look like if the 40C is banned from manufacture by ITTF. Most likely the 40C will never be banned from production and be available for many years.  

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 7:00pm

First off only a very tiny slice of the TT players play in international TT events which holds true for every domestic association official sanctioned tournaments.  Most of the club players I know in my area play in local RR and shun sanctioned tournaments for expense and time considerations not to mention wear and tear on the body. The only group that attends sanctioned tournaments on a regular basis is the junior segment and that group tends to by U15 as they get older the drop out rate is high. The number of small local clubs in towns and cities around the country will be in no hurry to replace balls and convert to plastic just because RoundRobin and Baal think thats a good idea!
Manufactures that have built good business off the 40C rubbers and blades are in no hurry to see that disappear and have to be wondering what the business landscape will look like if the 40C is banned from manufacture by ITTF. Most likely the 40C will never be banned from production and be available for many years.  

lineup32,

Your posts like these leave me fairly puzzled when I read them.  The right way to think about this is to think about Kanak Jha practicing for the World Cup which uses the new ball.  How soon will he want to be using the same ball everywhere?  And if he does, or whoever wants to play ITTF events amongst the younger player does (Timothy Wang etc.), do they want to come back to Opens using a different ball?  And if they don't, at what level do their age mates in similar tournaments want to start using the new ball? 

Only older players with no tournament ambitions will be able to stay away from the new ball.  The process by which what the professionals use becomes widespread in tournament use is what I have elaborated.  How it eludes you befuddles me, to be frank.  By the end of this year, it is unlikely that the 40 C ball will survive tournament play - consider where the 38C ball is when thinking about what you are claiming.  People like Baal and myself will use whatever ball most of our better opponents are using, and most of them will be using the 40P ball to stay in tournament shape because their better opponents will be using that ball.

It's not about being "banned from manufacture" - it's about being no longer a practical option for players who want to get better at tournament level play.

Edited by NextLevel - 07/25/2014 at 7:02pm
Cybershape Carbon
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 7:45pm

The one most compelling argument for practicing with plastic balls is that this is likely to be what we will all be playing with before too long, once current stock of celluloid balls is gone.  Once plastic becomes the standard, it makes absolutely no sense to practice with anything else----unless you see some advantage to mistiming, misjudging trajectory, and using tactics that are not optimal.  But I have to say that I am very undecided in my mind as to when to start playing with them more or less all the time.  I think I will do it once everybody else I usually play with does it.  I for one doubt we will see a lot of change in these balls going forward.  The way these things play now is a feature, not a bug, and we can't expect to ever see plastic balls that play like the 40 mm celluloid ones.  If that was ever the plan, the new ones would not be larger. 

For robot owners the time to start practicing with plastic balls will be when affordable bulk packs are available.  And after testing a few to see if the robot still functions with the larger ball.  
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 8:21pm

lineup32,

Your posts like these leave me fairly puzzled when I read them.  The right way to think about this is to think about Kanak Jha practicing for the World Cup which uses the new ball.  How soon will he want to be using the same ball everywhere?  And if he does, or whoever wants to play ITTF events amongst the younger player does (Timothy Wang etc.), do they want to come back to Opens using a different ball?  And if they don't, at what level do their age mates in similar tournaments want to start using the new ball? 

Only older players with no tournament ambitions will be able to stay away from the new ball.  The process by which what the professionals use becomes widespread in tournament use is what I have elaborated.  How it eludes you befuddles me, to be frank.  By the end of this year, it is unlikely that the 40 C ball will survive tournament play - consider where the 38C ball is when thinking about what you are claiming.  People like Baal and myself will use whatever ball most of our better opponents are using, and most of them will be using the 40P ball to stay in tournament shape because their better opponents will be using that ball.

It's not about being "banned from manufacture" - it's about being no longer a practical option for players who want to get better at tournament level play.

Next, hope you had a nice vacation!

You and other early adopters need to realize that its way to early to start picking winners and losers, much work needs to be done to evaluate these new balls in a variety of competitive settings and get better feed back from  players tournament directors and fans. The USATT is in rough shape needs a director, money and a agenda, you and other early adopters need to wait until the national association has the manpower and financial ability to make and implement many of the new ball issues.

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 10:09pm
The best seller is a gentle and honest seller.

Factory price of DF three star super quality ball is now set down to 5.5 yuan at maximum, according to a china newsmaker.
Eacheng seller fixed price at 12 yuan per ball, what a mersiless attitude upon their customers.
i only accept 9 yuan. =1.5 usd. I do hate those filthy, greedy profiteers,   
It is much better for me to stand aloof, waiting for the price dropping down properly.

I am a kin blocker, plastic suits my play only too well. Plastic is my preffered choice.   President Sharara is great !!!!!    Yes.   
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 10:32pm

It will hurt the looper but aid the blocker somewhat.

Plastic balls will make looping a bit easier because of the lesser spin (edit: in oncoming shots). Thus training with the celluloid balls will make you a better looper (edit: because you are facing faster and more spinny balls).

The bounce is sufficiently different and if you are a spin oriented player, it hurts your game because shots that win in practice will not win in real matches.

I don't know how you practice, but when I practice, the objectives are to hit as many shots as possible, be consistent, refine strokes and shot re-alignment. The last thing that's on my mind is hitting winners in practice.

The idea of using celluloid balls is to make the oncoming shots relatively harder for me. So I get a good workout in training.

Over time, playing with the new ball, I would master the art of playing with less arc.

Two ways that I know of and can do:
1) a drive, one of the fundamental shots in table tennis
2) heavy top spin over the top of the ball - racket quite parallel to the table so minimal arc is produced.

You can do this with the celluloid balls. Using the celluloid balls to practice this is probably ideal because the ball is more sensitive to spin, so it makes it that little bit more difficult to get the shot angle right.

It's just to easy to block supposedly heavy topspin on the new ball because the sideways movement is too easy to track.

I think it is relatively easy to spot sideway movements. I think the most challenging time in spotting the type of spin is when your opponent is serving (i.e. top-spin, no-spin, underspin) because of the deception and subtle movements.

Note, I have both plastic and celluloid balls.

I use the plastic balls for serve practice but have used it for general practice. However, I think the celluloid balls are better for general practice - makes you work harder with each shot, you have to be quicker as the oncoming shots are faster and have more spin.

However, for match preparation, you would want to get prepared with the appropriate ball.

But I see no reasons to dump the celluloid balls as it still have its benefits - including lower price and longer durability.

Edited by hithithit - 07/26/2014 at 12:47am
hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2014 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

The best seller is a gentle and honest seller.

Factory price of DF three star super quality ball is now set down to 5.5 yuan at maximum, according to a china newsmaker.
Eacheng seller fixed price at 12 yuan per ball, what a mersiless attitude upon their customers.
i only accept 9 yuan. =1.5 usd. I do hate those filthy, greedy profiteers,   
It is much better for me to stand aloof, waiting for the price dropping down properly.

I am a kin blocker, plastic suits my play only too well. Plastic is my preffered choice.   President Sharara is great !!!!!    Yes.   

The thing that I dislike most about the plastic balls is its poor durability. If they can fix that, I will be happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic