Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

5 plastic balls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
buy&sellblades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote buy&sellblades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 3:40am
Originally posted by c4runner c4runner wrote:

Yesterday I received my parcel from tt11 with new donic 40+ 3*** polyballs and I was eager to try them. We spent two hours with my coach playing with new balls. As was mentioned above new balls are a little bit heavier and slow
Thus all stroke become less complicated to make, serves are easy to receive.. I have not decided yet is it good or not... :)) Geek 
Comparing new balls from donic and dhs I practically find no difference. same bounce, same sound, same slowness :))
Also I have new seamless balls from palio and XSF that I bought two month ago in ttnpp. The only one thing that I can say about them - it's crap.. ball might break after 20-30 minutes of playing. 

just my two cents 

this palio and xushaofa aren't the ittf approved ones and are expected to play like crap. the actual ones aren't as bad.
Sponsored Links

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by c4runner c4runner wrote:

Yesterday I received my parcel from tt11 with new donic 40+ 3*** polyballs and I was eager to try them. We spent two hours with my coach playing with new balls. As was mentioned above new balls are a little bit heavier and slow
Thus all stroke become less complicated to make, serves are easy to receive.. <span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">I have not decided yet is it good or not... :)) </span>Geek<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;"> </span>
Comparing new balls from donic and dhs I practically find no difference. same bounce, same sound, same slowness :))
Also I have new seamless balls from palio and XSF that I bought two month ago in ttnpp. The only one thing that I can say about them - it's crap.. ball might break after 20-30 minutes of playing. 

just my two cents 

The Xushaofa in the picture looks a little bigger than the other balls.

It does play significantly slower and less spinny than the Gambler 3 Star.

Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 12:50pm
Even the ITTF approved XSF is not much fun to use. 
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 1:13pm
I have made a purchase of Joola & Donic balls for our club to test out. I got the Donic balls yesterday.

Simple inspection at home. (nobody to play with so will have more on Monday after club. Video too)

Donic ball did not sound any different than compared to a celluloid DHS ball i have. Sounded the same to me in bouncing on the table and on my paddle.

About the only thing I could test was service thus far. Because they're for the club, I cannot mark on them (something I like to do for service training to see the amount of spin) however what interested me was that in doing simple backspin serves, I found the new Donic ball either more spiny, more grippy or heavier. I'm not sure which was the case. Must have been one of those factors though because keeping a backspin ball short (rolled back in the net easier) & low was easier than with my used celluloid balls. 

The ball in comparison to the standard ball is a fraction bigger as we know. My personal opinion is that it's splitting hairs on size. It's almost virtually the same size.

Will have club member reaction & video Monday. I'm a short pips player so I will be giving my impression but I will also get the impression from some of our heavier duel inverted, spin players.

Edited by suds79 - 07/31/2014 at 1:21pm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

I have made a purchase of Joola & Donic balls for our club to test out. I got the Donic balls yesterday.

Simple inspection at home. (nobody to play with so will have more on Monday after club. Video too)

Donic ball did not sound any different than compared to a celluloid DHS ball i have. Sounded the same to me in bouncing on the table and on my paddle.

About the only thing I could test was service thus far. Because they're for the club, I cannot mark on them (something I like to do for service training to see the amount of spin) however what interested me was that in doing simple backspin serves, I found the new Donic ball either more spiny, more grippy or heavier. I'm not sure which was the case. Must have been one of those factors though because keeping a backspin ball short (rolled back in the net easier) & low was easier than with my used celluloid balls. 

The ball in comparison to the standard ball is a fraction bigger as we know. My personal opinion is that it's splitting hairs on size. It's almost virtually the same size.

Will have club member reaction & video Monday. I'm a short pips player so I will be giving my impression but I will also get the impression from some of our heavier duel inverted, spin players.

see suds, that's exactly what I'm saying.  short backspin balls really come off the table rolling off the second bounce.  ask theo...I was fascinated by and messing with that the whole time we hit.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 2:20pm
I also kind of liked serving with the new balls. 
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 3:10pm
THE END OF DEBATES.

Plastic BALLS to be on general display, very soon.
http://tabletennista.com/2014/7/two-toned-ball-receives-98-international-s/    

August 7 is when China Super League payoffs are on.
It is the day to calm down all the iddle debates and hollow speculations about plastic.

Don't miss CTTV-5 tv coverage of the event, starting on August 8.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 3:17pm
Igor, that is an article about two-toned balls, not plastic balls.  It is kind of hard to see how the debate about two-tone balls has ended when the ball has not yet been used even once in competition.  We shall see.  What if all of the players hate it (which I doubt that will happen, I suspect it just won't matter to top Chinese players).  I don't think it is that big of a deal either way and I think they look kind of cool.

Another note in passing.  No orange plastic balls are available yet, so how can they be making two-tone plastic balls?

One last thing I have noticed, in many trips to China where I have played, I have never even once seen an orange ball used.  When I took one out of my bag, they thought it was weird.

suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 3:57pm
Cool. I think it'll be a nice change for the sport if adopted.

They think of everything don't they? I thought "Well someone could serve on the line of the ball and you wouldn't necessarily see the amount of spin in it."

Nope.

Check that small hashmarks, if you will, along the lines.

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

I'm getting the DF balls on ttnpp...and I just ordered five more boxes.

Received my shipment today. Just 6 days after ordering.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 12:05am
two toned balls would be awesome. you could see the rotation!
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic