FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

3 videos from Albena TT Festival, BG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mirchev View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirchev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 videos from Albena TT Festival, BG
    Posted: 07/31/2014 at 5:30pm
Comments and suggestions are welcome. Smile
I am the player in blue, the player in black is Kojanu from Romania:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJcCVeLTa4&list=UUssbMVVlJof0xBigPisk3FA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2edtePhwM&list=UUssbMVVlJof0xBigPisk3FA&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VCxZSYv5Fo&index=1&list=UUssbMVVlJof0xBigPisk3FA

Sponsored Links

jfolsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 11:00pm
Serves: Sometimes you served high over the net. There were many serves that just went long and got attacked. When you served, you rarely followed up (except for a few backhands). If you serve, the opponent pushes and the ball comes off the end, you have to attack. That was the point of your serve, to get something to hit and grab the initiative. Think about what serve you are using and what the expected return will be. If you don't like to open against underspin you can't serve a bunch of underspin. If you want to be in a hitting rally but don't have confidence in your loop, serve short side top to the middle or forehand, mixed in with an occasional fast serve to keep them honest.

Forehand: Did you attack any underspin balls with your forehand? It looked like your opponent could push there 2-3 times without fear, waiting for a ball he liked.

Backhand: Your best shot.

Hope this helps,
jfolsen
SadistiClown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SadistiClown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 11:04pm
You move your head like crazy... I think you're too excited or something. you need to learn to relax 
Mirchev View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirchev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2014 at 5:52am
Thank you for the comments! This was my first participation in such a tournament. I know I should have served short, people always remind me that. In this 3 games I didn't attack any underspin balls with my forehand. In the next games I started playing some.
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2014 at 8:54am
Not sure what kind of advice you are looking for so my comments will mostly be about technical stuff as per my usual.

Grip/wrist-
Do you switch grips between BH and FH? I don't think you do but some shots it's hard to tell. I would suggest going between neutral and BH biased grip. Your wrist bends back(extension) too much on your FH. 

BH-
You rotate your torso counter clockwise for almost all of your BHs which gives you good blocking/counter hitting control but you overextend allot and as a result it is very weak. Also IMO it is much easier to hit that stroke with a more BH biased grip. you also try to use it to attack when you should be hitting a drive/loop BH.  You have almost no drive/loop BH(clockwise rotation of the torso) which does not allow you to put any pressure on your opponent. I think you don't have a good idea as to when to hit a block/counter hit (CCW torso rotation) and when/how to hit a drive/loop(CW torso rotation).

Your left arm dangles on your side and this really interferes with your torso rotation on your BH and your FH. I would suggest keeping your arm bent and relaxed with your hand up near your sternum. 

FH-
Your wrist bends back too much(wrist extension) imo, which leads to poor directional control and less stable contact. I think you need more torso turn and less arm swing on your FH for better control. 

DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2014 at 10:38pm
I don't know jfolsen but agree completely with his entire assessment. 

You probably haven't played lots of good players and are used to serving long. Long serve is the way to go vs newbies, because the return is long too, but on high level long serves get .. how do you translate this to English..  'Toq go otnese kato zil cinkova kofa'. 

What confuses me is the fact that you countered well a couple of FH to FH rallies but you lack FH initiative completely. Your FH can't be that bad if you can do FH counter loop, not sure why you didn't attack at all with FH. Oh, and if you do attack with FH.. put some 'zing' on it.. there rallies look kinda lose.

puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Mirchev View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mirchev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2014 at 2:32pm
Thank you for the comments! I have the best quality training and almost no experience in such tournaments. I think I started at 1450 US Rating and after 200 hours of training and 70 hours of play with players 1400-1900 US Rating, I started winning against them. So I am implementing in the games what I learned in the training. Smile Forehand attack is the way to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic