Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TSP Agrit review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSP Agrit review
    Posted: 07/31/2014 at 11:52pm
since not a lot of people have tried this rubber, i decided to try it and share some thoughts. Just tried this rubber for 2 sessions this week. Took about an hour to break it in.

I put it on a donic Persson Powerspeed from a friend with magna TC II(2.0mm) on the other side. Powerspeed is a pretty fast and relatively hard blade with good feel. So softer rubbers like Agrit and magna TC work pretty good on it.

Thickness and hardness: 2.1mm, weight is pretty light even though i cut it really big. on the package, it says 35+/-3 degree. Feels medium hard, but still on the soft side. Magna TC is a tad softer than Agrit.

Bounce test: After 1 hour breaking in, the ball bounces relatively high with a loud built-in speedglue sound on a vertical bounce, to me it felt louder than my Magna TC II. Also the ball bounces a little bit higher than TC II.

Throw: Medium high throw when doing regular rallies. A little bit easy to pop up the ball high if you are not skilled but it is still not as too bouncy as T05 FX or T64.

Grip: Not a grippy top sheet at all, you really have to suck the ball deep into the sponge to make some good spins for serves. But when you are doing side spins loops, there are pretty good load of spins. It loops better than Magna TC II. But compared to renanos hold( 1.8mm with 50%-60% left) i have, the spins on serves are much weaker, and loops are a little bit less spiny(not by much) with the same amount power i used. Because of the non-grippy top sheet, it is less sensitive to incoming serves.

Speed: pretty fast rubber and paired with Powerspeed, speed was the least i had to worry. I am weak on returning serves, so i am pretty conservative on flips and aggressive returns. Will try playing with more aggressive on-table flips next time. With opening forehand shots, i can feel the high trajectory effect from the "Dynamic Tension" sponge, my power strikes were faster compared to Magna TC II and renanos Hold. The sponge "spit" out the ball really fast on power shots, doesnt feel as mushy as Magna TC II. Although Powerspeed is not a looping blade, my loops still have very good speed and spin, not great as T64 though.

On my backhand, it was very easy to hit consecutive opening shots without too much effort even when my form was a little bit off.

One thing i noticed was I could hit consecutive high speed block return balls with less effort and more accuracy. Maybe it's something psychological, but I will take greater note on that aspect next time.

Also, i wasn't able to play away from the table due to the limited space of the bar i was playing at... Will update some more info when i get to play at a club.

Overall, it's a very easy rubber to play with, pretty forgiving, light weight, the speed is fairly fast with a strong trajectory effect, but maybe doesn't have as many gears like Omega IV pro, Tibhar 1Q & 5Q, it is more suited for backhand since it doesn't have a grippy top sheet.

Hope you guys enjoyed my first review. Let me know if anything I didnt point out.

Edited by bns7117 - 08/01/2014 at 12:18am
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2014 at 11:57pm
Good review, thanks bns7117!

Yes it's quite insensitive to spin, which is why it's so forgiving.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2014 at 12:23am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Yes it's quite insensitive to spin, which is why it's so forgiving.

Thanks for reading it! Also i forgot to mention this rubber gets dirty fast...
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2014 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

ditto
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2014 at 6:03pm
Tuco, you have some good vocabulary. Must be a good reader. :D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic