Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

My son playing (now 6 years old)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mderka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mderka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My son playing (now 6 years old)
    Posted: 08/13/2014 at 9:54pm
Been a while since I've uploaded a new video. Thought you guys (and girls) would like to see how Charlie's game is progressing.

http://youtu.be/9U8xWBmjeqI

Sponsored Links

mderka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mderka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 9:57pm
Not sure why the video won't link...
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 10:07pm
As he gets better work on his backhand and pushing.
Remove the S from https://

Edited by viva - 08/13/2014 at 10:07pm
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:20pm
looking good, nice FH., had no trouble downloading.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:27pm
link fixed and embedding now ok in the op.

he seems to enjoy whacking that ball; it's funny how he keeps that upward topspin euro motion from the times he was shorter maybe?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:40pm
LOL nice
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
mderka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mderka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2014 at 11:57pm
Thank you for fixing the link!
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 12:36am
That serve at the end was actually really nice. Great video.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 1:09am
surprised that nobody said "awesome" "incredible" ....

is he just six years... he is fairly tall. i have a six year old also.

he is very very good.... awesome judgment of high and low balls and selection of loops and drives...

can't believe!!! great video... keep it up
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 1:54am
You are a lucky one Smile
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 2:26am
I have to learn his stroke.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 2:27am
what blade and rubbers is he using? Big smile
mderka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mderka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 7:37am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

what blade and rubbers is he using? Big smile

He's using an Andro Nightmare OFF- blade that's designed for kids with a slightly smaller handle and Tibhar Vari Spin D.TecS rubber in 1.5 on both forehand and backhand.

We are going to try Donic Bluefire M3 this weekend, at least on his forehand, to see if that helps him get a little more power.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 8:45am
What stroke me most is that he seemed to enjoy playing TT a lot. A lot of chinese kids have his techniques, but appear to play TT like doing their homework.

Charlie can be the next TB with proper training. Personality is the key.
mderka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mderka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

What stroke me most is that he seemed to enjoy playing TT a lot. A lot of chinese kids have his techniques, but appear to play TT like doing their homework.

Charlie can be the next TB with proper training. Personality is the key.

Yes, he loves playing but at the same time is fiercely competitive.  There is one good rally in there that ended with him hitting long and he didn't want me to put it in the video because he didn't win the point.  That's Charlie.

Along those lines, Charlie took a long hiatus from table tennis for a good, solid year.  The table got folded up and he didn't want to play.  I told him that it was cool to me and if/when he was ready to play again then that would be fine too.  About 6 months ago we were on a vacation and there was a ping pong table there and it reignited his passion.  Since then its been ON!
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 1:05pm
remarkable natural ability

:)
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 1:29pm
I am jealous of his consistent fh technique Clap
He is very good and can see he really loves to play which is great for future
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 4:40pm
Very good. Natural born looper. Don't worry too much right now about pushing...keep working on his looping and footwork. Also make sure he develops a good backhand. He's doing very well...keep him interested.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 4:44pm
Mderka he got you with his last serveBig smile. In his age he have a very good judgement with his strokes. I hope he will continue to love the game and develop further , He has the natural ability for the game.  Wish him luck!
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic