Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Side-topspin/underspin serve tutorial China Coach
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Side-topspin/underspin serve tutorial China Coach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bbll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bbll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side-topspin/underspin serve tutorial China Coach
    Posted: 08/17/2014 at 1:21pm
Coach Dong Lun is a former China National Team member. He has been played together with Kong linghui. He demonstrate side-topspin /underspin search in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGHBxzYarLM

Edited by bbll - 08/17/2014 at 1:21pm
Sponsored Links

Edmundtt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmundtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 8:44am
from the front view, they are both so similar. It is really difficult for intermediate player to distinguish the spin.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 10:13am
Excellent video - thanks for posting.  Now if I could just get my opponents to serve in super-slo-mo, maybe I could read their spin.
Edmundtt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmundtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2014 at 9:43pm
Yes, better shot one in the side view too.

viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2014 at 12:58am
This is an amazing video I have subscribed to the youtube channel.Most instructional videos are amazing thanks for sharing !
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2014 at 7:46am
Originally posted by Edmundtt Edmundtt wrote:

If you notice, he contacts the ball with the racket sideways which provides less of the blade face to distinguish between the serves.  Will try that in my serves.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2014 at 8:19am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by Edmundtt Edmundtt wrote:

If you notice, he contacts the ball with the racket sideways which provides less of the blade face to distinguish between the serves.  Will try that in my serves.

Yes, that's the secret of a great server. Those spins are not difficult to produce but the "choreography" of the body is the most important thing. If you are fast and your moves seem to be the same when doing several different serves, then you have a huge advantage right from the start.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2014 at 3:38am
Great video, thank you for posting! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic