Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Recruiting Testers for Nexy new blade, Kanaph!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recruiting Testers for Nexy new blade, Kanaph!
    Posted: 08/22/2014 at 10:59pm

We are recruiting testers for the launch of our new blade, Kanaph. The Kanaph blade has received positive reviews in Korea. Please consider giving the blade a try, and seeing for yourself what the excitement is all about!

If you have previously reviewed a blade of any kind, please post a link on this thread. If you have never reviewed a blade, it’s okay — just describe briefly why you would like to be a tester for Kanaph.

After we review and evaluate candidates, we will choose 5 as blade testers for Kanaph.

[FL, ST, CP]

If you are one of the five selected, here are the conditions:

1.The blade is FREE, but you would need to pay for shipping.

2.In order to receive the blade, send me an e-mail: ([email protected]).

3.Use the blade, and submit a complete, honest review in a timely fashion.

<<<<<<<<< The tester for application deadline is September 1 >>>>>>>>>

Thanks for you interest in NEXY!

Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
Sponsored Links

viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2014 at 11:34pm
I have never played with a Nexy blade but have played with various blades of different brands.From its description Kanaph sounds really interesting and I would like to try and review this blade and compare it against butterfly,donic and nittaku blades I am used to if given a chance. I mostly like playing with all wood blades and can review the blade with inverted and short pips.
Looking forwards to being given and opportunity to be a tester this time around.

Edited by viva - 08/22/2014 at 11:46pm
sahiggs100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahiggs100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 1:01am
Currently I use the Nexy lissom and this has been my main blade for the past 2 years plus, its almost become a part of my hand lol. I have also used the Nexy Calix before. Previously I have used blades from Bladesbycharlie as well as from the major brands.  

I am a forehand looper with short pips on the backhand. I play aggressively and am currently rated a little over 1600. I have been playing table tennis for almost 5 years now.  I have not posted any reviews here before but would not have an issue doing so.  Thanks for reading.
Blade: Nexy Lissom
FH: Gambler Outlaw Black
BH: RITC 802 Short Pips Red

Please Don't feed the EJ's!
seahorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 1:05am
I can't find any info on the blade on nexy website 
Can you please provide some details on blade: construction etc.
thanks
Donic Dicon (JO shape)
F: DNA Platinum M
B: Jekyll & Hyde 52.5
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 1:42am
I want to be a tester for the Nexy blade. I've have used 2 blades so far Avenger 5 and Clipper wood (5ply and 7ply wood). And I'm interested to experience different blades from different manufacturers. I'm keen to try that 3+2 carbon(?) blade by nexy. :)
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 2:31am
I would like to test Chinese Penhold Kanaph!!!
Interested to compared against the other Third-Wave blades...(Arirang, Peterpan,etc)

below was my review for Nexy Arirang which won me lots of points at the Joola Teams 2013

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62048&KW=&PID=743735&title=nexy-arirang-review-thread#743735

My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 2:59am
I was lucky enough to receive the Arirang for testing and will wait for the next nexy blade, but I nominate tommyzai since he is so wanted to try a nexy blade. Plus he did quite a bit of reviews of the nexy blades.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 3:15am
Big smile
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 3:38am

I have never reviewed a blade for testing. I have used well over 30 different blades, from defensive to all around to offensive, from wood to balsa to carbon, etc.

I have read a lot of good reviews of Nexy Blades. I am always interested in finding a blade with a balance of speed, control, and touch.

I do all the shots of the game from both sides. I will test using inverted rubber on both sides.

My blade criteria:

weight - no heavier than 86g

speed - offensive

EDIT - I will also test the blade with short pips on my BH with the new plastic ball to see if there is an advantage with either the SP or inverted.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 08/28/2014 at 6:43am
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 3:59am
I would also like to test the new Kanaph. I have tested some Nexy blades before:
Lissom was my main playing-blade in the second part of last season.
MARS8050 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARS8050 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 1:19pm
I currently do not own a nexy blade. However, my trainer used to allow me to practice with his NEXY calis blade using a tacky sheet for the back hand, likely DHS like skyline, and a non tacky sheet for forehand such as hexer. I own several assembled and custom paddles of my own to which I take time to analyze their components and also their elemental attributes when I use them in play. I've never done a review before but I would enjoy doing so with the Kanaph as my first one if given the chance. I own typical rubbers suitable and top level enough to be tested with that blade, such as tenergy, DHS rubbers and several tensor rubbers. The blade I currently play with was my way of trying to replicate it to the nexy blade. If chosen to test this new blade, I can simply test out a nexy blade rather trying to replicate it with another similar brand blade.
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2014 at 6:47pm
I was really lucky to be chosen as Nexy Arirang tester and I really love its feeling. Since I've tried many tt blades I can compare Kanaph to another blades  such as Xiom Vega Pro,Nittaku Acoustic, Nexy Peterpan , Nexy Arirang and more.I like to share my good experience to my friends so after I test any blade I pass it to my friends then we can make more than one review with different kind of rubbers. 

Edited by arteepr - 08/26/2014 at 10:24am
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 2:30am

In order to provide with the due information, here I repost the article, I wrote in my Nexy Designer's Diary thread.
I think this article will not give you all the information you might want to have.
But this reveiw event will support with more information later on.
Thank you for all the interest in NEXY's Kanaph blade.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Launching Kanaph

Kanaph is a Hebrew word, meaning shade.
This name explains a lot about the way how I run Nexy, so I think I first need to tell some more than usual about how I came up with this name “Kanaph” for a new blade.

There is a story about a man, who always tried to take off his shadow from his body in Chinese old book, “Zhuang Zhou”. He feared his shadow, and tried to run from it, but all of his efforts left nothing but sweat. Zhuang Zhou saw him running every places in vain, and advised. “Why don’t you walk in to the shade of a big tree, where you can give a rest for yourself and your shadow?”

I can’t be sure that most others are living the similar lives as I am now living in, but my life is relying on two wings. One wing is my effort. I try to be smart, creative and always work hard to grow more. But that wing cannot guarantee safe and long journey. I need another wing, which is totally different from what I can control with my will. We call that “grace”.
No matter whether you have a religion or not, you will still know that life relies on luck. If I had not been lucky as I have had been, I would have become a far different person than I am now. Somehow I could have been able to make my life as it has been. I am not speaking about God. It’s more than that. I am speaking about “grace”, everyone can say, whether you are religious of not.
There are people who are aware of that “grace” they are enjoying in every moment, but there are some who are not, and those people normally lives less lucky lives, or at least, less happy lives. As for me, I want to be the former. My life is very much valuable one, and I am grateful for all the moments.
So, one day, I thought of that word “grace”, and I started to sleep on the word, because I wanted to rephrase that word into a new word I can use for my new business. At that time, I was trying to start another business, which is a bike business. (I am now inventing a new bike, which is all carbon folding bike, with around 7kg weight. Actually, I became double busy, because now I have another business, which is bike business. )
I got a touching sentence from bible, which was “in the shadow of your wings”. Little birds can stay safe and calm under the wings of their mother. They don’t fear anything, while they are under the shadow of their mother’s wings. This word “in the shadow of wings” reminded me of the story I read in Zhuang Zhou, a man who feared his shadow.
So, I looked up the word “shadow” in the old Hebrew bible, and that was “kanaph”.
And I bought a domain www.kanaph.com and started a new bike business.
I think I can run my business well, not because I am smart and working hard, but because I am lucky, too. So, there is no reason to be proud, but it would be better to try to share what I can get from my business, because that’s coming from luck in some part.

So, the word “kanaph” means that we live on luck, not only on our effort, but also on grace given to us. And I used that word for my bike brand, but now I want to use that word for my new blade, which will come out in the market very soon.

By the way, before I start to explain what features kanaph blade has, I need to explain what NEXY has been doing for those 2 years, while ITTF tried to launch a new ball.
One of good things for NEXY is that I can visit China a lot often, and I can get some good information about Chinese market and players. I live in Korea, and I visit China maybe more than 10 times in a year, so, I can get good information than other European brand managers.
And three years ago, I came to know that Chinese junior team was trying to make a big change in their players’ style. They recruited many short pimple out players.
Short pimple out players has been extinct for many years, since ITTF made our balls 40mm. In Korea, we used to have many Junior and quite some senior players, but abruptly, those short pimple out rubber players went gone, when ITTF changed the ball size. Short pimple out rubber players usually tried to outwit their opponent by moving quicker, and their weapon was irregularity of their attacking movement, because they normally played very close to the table.
But bigger ball started to hinder their strong point, because their play cannot return the ball very much fast. So, the generation became extinct, when 40mm ball entered the players’ world.
But Chinese junior team started to recruit those short pimple out players…..then why?

That was the moment I became seriously interested in poly ball. At that time Chinese team was allegedly said that they have seamless poly ball for testing and practicing. And the reason for that change was surely coming from that new ball.
I tried to get the ball, and could get one sometime later. I could understand the ball’s different performance kinda easily, because the movement was very similar to the large ball, which was 44mm.
In Korea, we use 44mm ball (bigger than normal 40mm ball, but the same weight) for old people. That ball is large, and we call them large ball. The ball does not make big spin, and players need to win a point only by patient strokes, So, you can normally expect longer rally per each score.
I made “large ball” with my nexy brand, and also with Tibhar brand. And I studied that ball for many years already. So, I could predict what happened for the Chinese junior team coaches. They might have concluded that new poly ball will make a change in the dominant play style, from usual top-spin attacker to short pimple out rubber smasher.
Actually, the final ball we can buy is not much different as the first ball was. But still, the character of the ball is somewhat similar to the “Large Ball”’s character.

(I have another news about ball. Nexy is now proudly launching “NEXY poly ball” soon. I’ve been watching how the ball production is going on, and got the best ball. I will write more about ball later.)

Any way, from that moment, I started to study how the market will change, and what will be the next table tennis popular gear. And I started to work on new three blades. “Kanaph”, Chedech” and “Zealot”. Kanaph and Chedech will be nexy’s “third wave” blades. But Zealot will be new trend. So, I am now trying to move to a totally new land, in order to face “poly ball” era.

Therefore, the basic feature of “Kanaph” is showing what NEXY is predicting about “poly ball”’s performance.
1.     Size : “Kanaph” is slightly bigger than the before nexy blades. I could have lots of experience what lies between the size and the performance of poly ball. Bigger size (slightly, not largely) allows higher accuracy. For an example, the popular short pimple out blades was roundish shape, not rectangle one. In Asia, there used to be many short pimple players, and they used Japanese Penholder blades, but they preferred roundish one, not normal rectangle one, because they knew roundish blade has bigger sweet spot, which is definitely needed for smash plays. Poly ball will need better smash, because the ball does not allow big spin, and we probably will be relying more on our smashing shot, so bigger sweet spot will be effective change for the next generation. I also got some more data from Korean famous defensive players, including Joo Se Hyuk. I could run continuous blade testing with Joo Se Huyk for several months, when he considered moving to Tibhar from Butterfly, and I had some talk about blade size with him. I had also several other defensive players to talk about this. And they want bigger size, because they want accuracy in their rally. And that is the feature we need more when we play with poly ball. So, my three blades will have larger size than before.

2.     Thickness : Calix was 4.8~ 4.9mm thick, but still it was an attractive attacking blade. I designed Calix that way, because I wanted players could feel the flexible feeling when they attack with it. Thin blade gives better accuracy, because you can feel better. But in the same time, the blade has to make people feel thick. I mean, you need to feel the ball goes deep into the blade, and get the impact in the deeper level than other normal blades, because the blade is thinner than others. If the feeling is shallow, then you will not like them much. Therefore, I tried to design the blade thin, but has deeper feeling. That study gave the inspiration for my next three blades. Kanaph is thin blade, but it has deep feeling, which allows you to feel the ball goes deep, and you will be controlling the ball with big accuracy and power.

3.     Third Wave : Nexy’s third wave is focusing on the difference of the surface wood and the center wood. Surface wood is raw material, but the center wood is burnt one. Burnt center wood gives thinner composition keeping the power and speed the same as thicker blade, and gives lighter feeling when you stroke. But the surface wood is natural one, because I want to make use of the raw wooden material 100%. Therefore, Kanaph is using raw Kiso Hinoki on the surfaces, and using burnt center wood.

4.     Kiso Hinoki Surface : This wood ply is not much experienced by players outside of Japan and Korea. I cannot tell you that Hinoki is better surface wood than others, but I can surely say that Hinoki has it’s own character, and some among you will be surely enchanted. This wood is very much soft and weak, and it has sticky feeling when you use it for your top spin stroke. And Hinoki has different angle for blocking. Once you got accustomed to its unique angle, you can place the returning ball very short, because the ball moves sticky on to the surface, and you can control it with detailed exactitude.

Ok, that is what I can say now about Nexy’s new blade, Kanaph. I wish you could feel the same was as I now feel. Thank you for reading this long article for a blade.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by Nexy - 08/24/2014 at 2:32am
Brand Manager of NEXY
TonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 2:38am
Would this blade be suitable for modern defending players?
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 8:51am
I'm not contesting but I wander is it 5 or 7 plies ?

I saw a hinoki outer/a second layer/ a very thin black layer(I'm not quite sure whether is it a carbon or just a shadow. and a burnt kiri core.

Plz enlighten me lol
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 12:00pm
I have never done an online review of a blade, but I'd like to test and review this blade.
I gravitate towards blades that use hinoki as the top ply such as the Zetro Quad that I currently use.  It provides the right amount of touch and soft feel that I prefer in a spin oriented game.  I haven't had the opportunity to use a nexy blade nor has anyone else at my local club.  Though I've heard great things in past reviews posted on this forum, I've never actually seen one in person.
Being a penholder who plays rpb, I can appreciate a thinner blade than I currently use.  
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 1:31pm
I would be very interested in testing this new Nexy blade since I currently play a blade with Kiso Hinoki and carbon (Dr. Neubauer Hercules) and I have seen a couple Nexy blades from my friend Tommy Zai. I have previously posted a few blade (and also several rubber review not listed here) review previously and different forums:
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=25045
http://www.pimp-my-blade.de/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1101&p=11037&hilit=testbericht#p10427
http://www.pimp-my-blade.de/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=534&p=4801#p4794
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 4:42pm
Hello, Nexy, I am very much interested in trying your new blade.  I will email you one of my reviews.

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 8:05pm
Wow, some excellent candidates for testing Kanuph, Nexy's newest blade. But I already have one on order ;-). Still, I look forward to receiving, playing, and reviewing my new beast!

Edited by tommyzai - 08/24/2014 at 8:08pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2014 at 9:42pm
Shoulda been able to figure the Matthes Noppes thing. haha, I even wen to his old club in Korea and met with the club owner, took pics and a couple vids haha.

Nexy, hook this dude up, he is legit AND so are just about everyone who has requested so far. Nexy gunna have a tough time narrowing the field down to the final number.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 3:42am
Hello Nexy,

I am very interested in trying out the Kanaph blade. I have tried the spear and Lissom blades and have really enjoyed your posts about blade and wood theories. I am a former, small time, custom blade maker and I feel I can make an insightful review of your latest generation model the Kanaph. I have also been playing table tennis for over 25 years and have played with over 100 different blades through the years from Butterfly, Friendship, DHS, Tihbar, Donic, TSP, BBC, Stiga, Juic, and of course some of my own. I recently posted this review on the Rutis Power blade testing on MYTT:

Hello TTBlade Enthusiasts and EJs,

I had a chance to test out the Rutis Power blade this evening. I'd like to tell you a little bit about my perspective and how I formulated my opinions about the performance of the Rutis power. Firstly I have played club table tennis for over 25 years and I play a classic offensive style mostly topspin shots from the FH and BH with flat kills mixed in on both sides for loose balls. i have played with tons of rubbers and blades over the years. I became a custom blade maker for a few years ( I was inspired by Charlie of BBC back in the late 80"s) and made all wood and composite blades and sold them at the local clubs. For many years I played with light (79-87 gr.)stiff blades of medium hardness and for the past 3-5 years have developed a preference for thin hard outer ply blades with medium stiff feel.

I have to agree with the over all impressions given by slevin and hithit- Its hard fast and quite stiff (but not sardius stiff). It plays counters block and smashes most predictably and easily. I used my regular rubbers Xiom Sigma II Pro Fh and Palio Blitz backhand. The rubbers felt good on the blade and the hard sponge added to the precise feel of the Rutis Power. It did not feel head heavy to me and my rubbers are not light.

Looping was a mixed bag. It does have a slight vibration too it that I really liked. It seemed to give a very slight catapult effect on forehand and back hand loop shots with a relaxed wrist and high racket speed. due to its lightness and hardness the blade works well to activate rubbers and get the sponge engaged quickly. for loop motions with a brushing contact where you use the tangetal force with the rubber the RP has a nice feeling and you can "hold" the ball a bit before it releases. To lift any kind of heavy chop a strong vertical brushing would be required. Any type of more direct contact with the blade for topspin shots result in a quick release that makes the degree of spin and depth of the shot hard to control. so you can loop with this blade but you need very precise timing and the ability work your rubber with a brushing contact.

Serving and table game: In this area the blade is hard to control. For serving like for looping you can achieve decent spin, but a lot of precise brushing contact is required. For pushing it is hard to keep the ball low and generate your own spin as I said above the blade really actives the rubbers. Topspin flicks with loose wrist using top sheet and sponge feel good and work well but you have to be very precise with your timing and stroke motion.

Hitting flat: yep, if you like high risk quick of the bounce smashing with a very forward almost horizontal stroke the Rutis Power is an interesting blade. I tried hitting a few low medium depth returns, some of them with a bit of chop on them, and shazzam bullet speed and like I said for looping a very very slight catapult and vibration effect making the shot a pleasure to hit.

Final thoughts: I wish Nittaku would have used glass fiber instead of carbon on this blade, or would have used a horizontal center ply. I think that would have made the blade more versatile. The thin walnut top with a carbon ply followed by a fairly thick vertical ply of (I am guessing ayous) creates a very precise feeling blade, but for the modern topspin game it makes for a very narrow looping window. I think this blade would be great for Sardius users who are looking for a thinner and lighter blade that would add a very slight flex to power shots and give a nice subtle vibration on contact. If you would like to play like Johnny Huang Shakehand Pips hitter of Canada, but with inverted this might be the blade for you.

I hope you will take me into consideration as a tester/reviewer, thanks!

Blade

Edited by Blade - 08/26/2014 at 9:41pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 1:02pm
Blade, spell consideration properly first :X
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
SolidEvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SolidEvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 3:14pm
Hi there Nexy, you should definitely ship some to Matt Pimple and BH-Man. 
They had some good talk about it on the German forum already, and that was from last year.
(yes, I can read German, no Google translate)

Totally digging the life philosophy aspect. Need to have the right attitude to get anywhere, and not take it for granted.

As for the blade, that color is out there, I haven't seen anything this loud since my snowboard.
Looks very modern, although you did realize you have 13 layers on the handle right?
Unlucky according to some, lucky according to others(me included).
Kiso Hinoki, pardon my selective reading, sounds like a major draw.
Just using the material seems to convey some instant quality. Even aside from the design effort that seems to have gone into making this.
Think you'll get some good reviews on this with the new poly ball.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 3:39pm
Thanks for the recommendation, but I am officially out of the MyTT test fielding. I was just making comment. I never figured Matt was "Matthes" from PMB. I didn't figure Nexy knew either, so I spoke up. This fielding of the test blades will likely be the most difficult decisions for the Nexy manager, lots of quality members requesting to test this blade. By the way, it looks like Aurus will mate up with this thing well and at Nexy, Aurus costs $10 USD a sheet less than the US distributor.

I still might make a separate thing with the manager, ironic it is too late for the important Korean-American tourney in New York City next weekend, but there are other opportunities in the future to get with Nexy before another important tourney.

Oh S.E. I bet a lot of you in Europe had a few giggles at my German posts at PMB on my expense Smile

Edited by BH-Man - 08/25/2014 at 3:51pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2014 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by SolidEvolution SolidEvolution wrote:

Hi there Nexy, you should definitely ship some to Matt Pimple and BH-Man.
Thanks SE. Embarrassed
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I never figured Matt was "Matthes" from PMB.
Yes, I am "Noppen Matthes" over on PMB and Noppentest.
Originally posted by SolidEvolution SolidEvolution wrote:

Kiso Hinoki, pardon my selective reading, sounds like a major draw.
Indeed, Kiso Hinoki has a very special feel to it like no other wood does and the feel of the Kiso variety (comes from the mountains in Japan and grows very slowly) is different than other type of Hinoki or related woods you sometimes find in cheaper blades. But, of course, you have to like the feel...and I really do. Smile
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 1:11am
Hey SmackDat,

I was typing at 1:00 am after a long day, so I also spelled reviewer incorrectly also, but you didn't catch it. Please make sure not to make any errors when you are pointing out mistakesWinkLOL. I will be sure to edit it right away.

Blade
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 2:03am
I would like to give a try to this blade and make a review of it!Here in Greece nexy products is not so famous.I had the luck to give a try to a nexy blade that my friend had bought from nexy.com and I was impressed from the quality and the playing characteristics from this blade!I generally would like to give a try to the nexy blades nexy will gain some famous and reputation here in Greece!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
szikorz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szikorz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 2:35am
I apply for the test of the Nexy Kanaph blade. 

My 2 individual reviews (test organized by yogi bear) on 

Adidas Challenge Speed 
and
Adidas FibreTec Extreme 

published here at mytabletennis.net are here:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56050&PN=2

Stiga Clipper Wood CR WRB - Fh: Yasaka Rakza 7 - Bh: Tibhar 5Q

hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 11:51am
Applying for testing a CPen. Reasons:

1. back hand style: blanced RPB and traditional CPen blocking. RPB openning loop and loop rally. Mostly traditional Cpen backhand blocking on defensive against looping
2. Blades played in the past two years: CC5, CC7, maple wood VII, Clipper CC, DHS 506. innerforce ZLC.
3. will test Kanaph paired with various chinese forehand rubbers: Neo H3, H2, TG2, TG3
4. Will post review in both English and chinese

What I am looking for in a CPen:

1. Great touch play for short balls on serving and receiving
2. good at openning loop with RPB at back hand
3. Great looping blade at both forehand and back hand but solid enough for traditional block 

Edited by hhca - 08/26/2014 at 11:58am
MAkira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAkira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 12:35pm
I would like to test this blade because i have never touched a nexy blade. However i have used various other blades. tbs, mj, viscaria's, all of the instrumentals, the list can go on and on, i've tested 20-30 blades for at least 2 hours each. What i like most about nexy blades is how beutiful they look. I'm hoping they play as nicely as they look.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic