Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NITTAKU Hurricane III NT50TYPE quick review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NITTAKU Hurricane III NT50TYPE quick review
    Posted: 08/25/2014 at 11:06pm
Got a chance to use this hybrid rubber today.

Wasn't too excited with this rubber due to the average ratings.

This one i got is used, about 80% -85% new, 1.9-2.0mm, put it on my YEO FH with palio macro era on BH.

initial impression: Really juicy high quality top sheet, BUT only half tacky compared to regular commercial H3, with Hurricane III written in the middle of the bottom line, reminds me of the older generation hurricane sheets. The sponge didn't look or feel anything special and looks just like regular DHS sponge except it IS somewhat softer.

Bounce Test: dead feeling, was expecting a better bounce result since it used japanese sponge... the ball didn't bounce too high on a regular vertical bounce, and the ball stopped bouncing just after 3-4 bounces. The ball felt much more lively bouncing on Macro Era...

Spin: only 40%-50% spin on serves compared to regular DHS H3. Not too sensitive for returning serves, on the bright side. :P

Loops and rallies: HOLLY MOLLY! the rubber starts to surprise me big time when I was doing loops and rallies. Tons of kicks for side-spin loops/counter loops, and loops STAYS LOW just like regular H3, yet the rubber has more gears than Regular H3 for power/passive shots. I don't know if the previous owner tuned it or not, but i hear some pretty loud speed glue sounds when hitting it on higher gears. None of the reviews mentioned it, so if anyone knows about it, please point it out.

Speed: Speed is fast on higher gears, but i never played prov or national H3, so can't compare them with this one. It has enough power and speed on my YEO for me to finish off my smashes.

It was pretty good for short games, and lifting under-spin was much much easier to do on my YEO than other rubbers I have tried so far.

I want to point out, i saw some reviews somewhere say it has national H3 quality. No way does it play like a national quality rubber, to me it plays like a solid $30-$35 rubber.

Overall, a great rubber for power loopers, has the advantages of regular H3's low-arc loops with more gears&power from Japanese sponge's _____( didn't feel like IE sponge from renanos hold, or "high tension" tech sponge...), but doesn't have enough spin for serves. Will post more updates when i play it on my other paddles.

Is it worth 46 bucks? probably not, with 2 more bucks, you can get Renanos Hold, which is much easier to play for broader ranger of players, and has much more spins on serve with equal amount of looping ability, if not better. I wouldn't even want to spend 35 dollars on it when it's on sale. But definitely recommend it if you can get a used one in good condition for around 20-25 bucks.

Edited by bns7117 - 08/26/2014 at 12:03am
Sponsored Links

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 2:08am
really? no one can tell me if it is tuned or not? they only say it's some high density japanese sponge, so it's not some special sponge?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:01am
send it to me, I will check it out :)
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 10:15am
h3 has low arc loops?
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

send it to me, I will check it out :)

Lemme compare it with max450 first. ;)
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by mikepong mikepong wrote:

h3 has low arc loops?

Yeah, they have low throws due to the low bounciness of the sponge.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

h3 has low arc loops?

Yeah, they have low throws due to the low bounciness of the sponge.

you wrong my friend
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:16pm
which part is wrong?   
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:29pm
i always thought that h3 has a very high arc loop, i mean higher than T05 and Barracuda, but i have not used h3 for a long time, so i might also be wrong 
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:33pm
H3 is one of the high throw rubber I have used. I always suspect people think it is low are using fake or some kind of rubber blade mismatch.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:38pm

i always thought that h3 has a very high arc loop, i mean higher than T05 and Barracuda, but i have not used h3 for a long time, so i might also be wrong 

No buddy, I really wish H3 can have very high arcs combined with the tacky topsheet...

Regular and Neo commercial H3 have nearly non-bouncy sponges, therefore with the same swing, the arc will always be much lower than T05 or Barracuda. But if being taken advantages, H3 makes lethal low-arc loops that's hard to return.

That's what i think. But I am no expert. but i believe most people agree chinese rubbers have low-throw in general...
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

H3 is one of the high throw rubber I have used. I always suspect people think it is low are using fake or some kind of rubber blade mismatch.

Really? guess all the H3 i had were fakes then. and what version of H3 you have that has high throw? and on what blade?

I really like to know. I am not joking.

Aren't most chinese rubbers have hard sponge that nearly have no bouciness at all?

with the same swing technique, I find H3 produces lowest arc(no matter what blade was used) compared to all my other Euro/jap rubbers. i never tried blue sponges, or provincial or national, so don't know if they have higher throw...

Edited by bns7117 - 08/28/2014 at 9:44pm
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:43pm
I use H3 and I consider it has a high thro, I have to constantly close my blade in counter top spin rallies more than some other ESN rubbers.
Shifter
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

I use H3 and I consider it has a high thro, I have to constantly close my blade in counter top spin rallies more than some other ESN rubbers.

wow, i guess i really need to start looking for authentic H3 sheet then. at least 3 people say it has high throw so far. It's starting to make me rethink about my previous conclusion.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Really? guess all the H3 i had were fakes then. and what version of H3 you have that has high throw? and on what blade?

I really like to know. I am not joking.

Aren't most chinese rubbers have hard sponge that nearly have no bouciness at all?

with the same swing technique, I find H3 produces lowest arc(no matter what blade was used) compared to all my other Euro/jap rubbers. i never tried blue sponges, or provincial or national, so don't know if they have higher throw...

I have normal non-Neo H3 on Stiga Offensive Wood NCT and Stiga Clipper CR. I have to close my blade when loop drive to keep the ball land on the table as people said. So easy to clear the net with big arc.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 11:15pm
ok, thanks TurboZ, i will try H3 on more blades then. IS your H3 tuned?
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 11:54pm
Not tuned but probably speed glued. Can't remember exactly what I used. Definitely no speed glue with Stiga rubber on the other side. Never removed and reglue since new. Sponge very hard but when hitting I can feel the ball quite clearly. Something unique to H3 that set it apart from many other hard sponge Chinese rubbers.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 12:16am
hmmm, i see. Thanks for your share of experience. I will definitely look into it. But the quality of most regular or NEO H3 is so bad, the top sheet starts discoloring after a while. My blue sponge TG2's topsheet has faded color all over the top sheet now, but the top sheet is still very juicy when i touch it.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2014 at 1:02am
i think you guys are looking at different aspects for "throw" (which is why i don't really use it as a rubber descriptor)

given the same loop input at 45 deg, h3 has "high throw" - why? it's bc it's slow but spinny that it'll arc more than say tenergy 64, which comes out so fast that it travels longer than it does vertically.

now what i agree with bns is that a lot of the times, h3 will be played to its spin:speed advantages with extremely horizontal shots. with something like tenergy, that would be more risky and generally you can only do it with relatively flat shots like topspin drives, counters, flicks, etc. that are mostly speed. with h3, you can rip it like a straight line vs tenergy's higher, more pronounced arc like as seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cl2CM5NVzk

Edited by kurokami - 08/29/2014 at 1:07am
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic