Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas P7 durability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas P7 durability
    Posted: 08/28/2014 at 6:51pm
A little report on the Adidas P7 in terms of durability. 

I have had the same sheet of P7 for 7 months and incessantly abusing it with hard drives, FH loops, spinny opening loops, smashes and the lot. I played 3 times / week (10 hrs weekly) for the 1st 4 months and then 6 times a week (20 hrs weekly) for the next 3 months. I reglued the rubber around 6 times over these 7 months - for various reasons.

After the 1st 2 months there was a drop in performance of 20% - it lost some kick, some pace and some of it's vicious spin. I felt this to be quite sudden, as though some factory tuner had run out. Then over the following months it only lost another 10-15% and it lost it very gradually...no sudden dips in performance.

At the moment, it can still opening loop vs heavy underspin like a dream - a wrist flick is enough when not in position - of course with proper positioning and stroke - the loop is deadly and very very variable still (slow spinny, or fast loop drive or anything in between). Counter looping from far still works very well - the sponge still has enough of it's power when hit hard with spin, although the smash is a lot slower than it used to be. Short game is great. Spin on pushes and serves not so great... spin now needs faster racket speed to be generated and is no longer automatic as the rubber is notorious for when new. 

It looks a bit pale and faded, but no splits or shrinkage, no pimples coming off. 

The reason I know it is now come to the end of it's glorious life is that it no longer sticks to the blade well - the sponge is so battered that the edges keep coming off, forming air bubbles. 

I am still training with it, but have a new P7 on the way and can't wait! Was using 2.0mm and giving Max a try this time.

In terms of playing characteristics and rubber quality - Yogi bear and some others have made brilliant reviews and there is really nothing to add - except the rubber is fantastic and in my opinion extremely well suited for a FH oriented offensive game based on spinny serve, opening loop, and loop driving. Defensively it performs wonderfully on blocks, counters, spinny pushes, with excellent placement and control - although placement and control have to be practised as like most tensors it is bouncy.

Hope this helps people who were looking into getting a P7 as their rubber.

Durability thumbs up!
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 7:38pm
usually P7 lasts 4-5 months on my backhand
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 8:47pm
I think all Adidas rubbers are made to last... gone are the days where people say Tenergy is more durable than other rubbers. My friend also played with Tenzone on his BH for 6 months, and removed it only after having tried my P7 - he just had to get one:)
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:44pm
i use tenergy for 6 months, still works for me, but i have heard many players change tenergy every 2 months, but then again im not a high level player to change rubbers every 2 months, but yeah adidas rubbers are durable
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

tamtam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamtam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2014 at 9:45pm
P7 and addidas rubbers are very durable. For me, much more durable than tenergy. After using P7 for 2 months (15 hours/week) I started to apply Falco life expander. P7 still works very well until now on my daughter's balde after 6 months glued onto the blade.
Blade: MJ SZLC
FH: Adidas Tenzone Ultra SF 2.0
BH: Adidas Tenzone Ultra SF 1.8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic