Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Former England Player Coaching

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pbradbury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbradbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Former England Player Coaching
    Posted: 09/05/2014 at 10:51am
Afternoon Guys/Girls,

I'm thinking of starting to coach to teach people how to become professional- as the jump from top of your local league to the top standard is quite high.

What's the going rate these days for coaches per/h?

I have a commonwealth gold medal which i won with Desmond Douglass in the England teams event.

Former Number 1 Junior- and Number 2 In England Mens behind Desmond.

Not trying to brag at all, i just want people to know the sort of standard i am.

Used to train with Erik Lindh and Waldner- he gave me a Banda bat with his name on which i still have when we were knocking up and i broke mine.

Anyway if anyone is looking for some coaching in Buckinghamshire- Give me a message.

Thanks

Phil
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 10:59am
Welcome to the forum!  Can't say about England.  Here in US in my city you would be able to charge around $40 per hour.  Cost of living lower in this place.  One the East or West coast, they might be able to get $60.
Pbradbury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbradbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 11:18am
Are you of similar standard then Baal?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 11:55am
Not even close, but coaches in my city who are at that standard charge in that neighborhood.
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 11:57am
Blast from the past...

1980's

Sandley, Kev Satchell, Moore and Bradbury ....

Really good players all of them.

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 12:01pm
Good luck with your coaching in Canada coaching goes from $30 - $60 per hour. I guess it depends on the market.

Would you elaborate on the jump from club to National level? Is it players at the national level have more power, more spin and more consistency? Always wondered about this.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 1:32pm
It´s a tempo. That is the key. If you can´t keep up with tempo then you are out of the game. Ofcourse better players have more spin or speed or both than average player not to mention consistency but tempo is the main factor. 
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Pbradbury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbradbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 2:07pm
Thankyou Ghostzen, yeah i played with all of them satchell could never win anything major though a shame.

It's just playing against better opponents and developing a schema in your head for every shot your opponent plays so it comes natural.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 3:54pm
coaching rates can also vary by quanity so to speak.  So you may get $50 per hour for a couple of sessions, but somebody might set up regular sessions, say once per week, for $30 per hour.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

Blast from the past...

1980's

Sandley, Kev Satchell, Moore and Bradbury ....

Really good players all of them.

Sandley and shaw are kiwi's now

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Pbradbury Pbradbury wrote:

Afternoon Guys/Girls,

I'm thinking of starting to coach to teach people how to become professional- as the jump from top of your local league to the top standard is quite high.

What's the going rate these days for coaches per/h?

I have a commonwealth gold medal which i won with Desmond Douglass in the England teams event.

Former Number 1 Junior- and Number 2 In England Mens behind Desmond.

Not trying to brag at all, i just want people to know the sort of standard i am.

Used to train with Erik Lindh and Waldner- he gave me a Banda bat with his name on which i still have when we were knocking up and i broke mine.

Anyway if anyone is looking for some coaching in Buckinghamshire- Give me a message.

Thanks

Phil

what's your name if you dont mind me asking. I played against you in the NMTTL Prem league back in 2009/10 i think. You played along side the Proffitt brothers.

Just to answer your question though, it seems £25-30 per hour 1on1 seems to be the norm. But you could get more depending.

*edited* scratch that sorry. it was Graham Sandley I played.

Edited by Ndragon88 - 09/05/2014 at 8:44pm
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
Zhaoyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhaoyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 9:09pm
Pbradbury, were you in the U.S. recently?
Pbradbury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pbradbury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2014 at 5:29pm
No I wasn't Zha sorry.

Thanks for all the help guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic