Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS hurricane long 5 blade or DHS 997 blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anschutz12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anschutz12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS hurricane long 5 blade or DHS 997 blade
    Posted: 09/17/2014 at 9:57pm
Hi I am thinking of buying a blade from TTnPP are these blade real (not a fake) and which one would you pick and why?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2014 at 1:34am
Hi anschutz12. Regarding their o&m products they real from dhs which you verify by their serial number both on the blade and the holographic sticker on the handle. I do not know about the Dhs custom blades though. The difference between those two blade are the quality of the selected wood and the weight balance and feel. I have an extra w997 up for sale if you are interested.
alex5908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex5908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2015 at 11:42pm
2Giangt
Do you still have W997?
Prefer playing close to table and in mid zone. I try to attack at slightest possibility and exercise pressure on my opponent with every ball. It's mostly blocking from BH and drive looping from FH.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 1:02am
a lot of long 5 were found fake even selling from some well known store in China, and DHS is still investigating on the matter. I'd avoid getting a long 5 from ttnpp especially they are not official dealer, in fact they just source their stuff from China just like those of us who know our ways.

As for their W997, I can tell you it's not the real deal.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
alex5908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex5908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 9:03am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

a lot of long 5 were found fake even selling from some well known store in China, and DHS is still investigating on the matter, in fact they just source their stuff from China just like those of us who know our ways.

As for their W997, I can tell you it's not the real deal.

Where can I get an authentic DHS W997 or Long 5 stuff?
Prefer playing close to table and in mid zone. I try to attack at slightest possibility and exercise pressure on my opponent with every ball. It's mostly blocking from BH and drive looping from FH.
pepinho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 9:22am
I have a DHS Hurricane Long 5 for sale. Genuine 100% with a sertificate. Matching serial nuimber. Used no more than 2 hours. It is too fast for me. 
MJ ZLC • D09C • D09C
===
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74522&title=feedback-pepinho
alex5908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex5908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 9:29am
Originally posted by pepinho pepinho wrote:

I have a DHS Hurricane Long 5 for sale. Genuine 100% with a sertificate. Matching serial nuimber. Used no more than 2 hours. It is too fast for me. 

How much is it including the delivery to Toronto, Canada?
Where did you buy it from?
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 9:43am
And Mizutani SZLC isn't too fast for you? :P
alex5908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex5908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 9:48am
Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

And Mizutani SZLC isn't too fast for you? :P

That is not SZLC but just ZLC. I would not say it's too fast for me. I am still experimenting with blades. I will compare them all and sell the one which will not suit me.
I read that W997 is fast and with a good control. That's why I wanted to try it.
pepinho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 11:35am
I played MJ SZLC almost an year but I switched back to Viscaria. The catapult is insane on HL-5 and I felt a lot of problems over the table. But the loops are killing. You can feel the power with HL-5 and it is faster than MJ SZLC. MJ SZLC has better control.

Edited by pepinho - 08/10/2015 at 11:46am
MJ ZLC • D09C • D09C
===
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74522&title=feedback-pepinho
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 11:54am
Does anyone here know the exact composition of the hurricane long 5? there are bits around the internet but nothing solid.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 12:05pm
First of all, Long 5 is not the same as W997 because of two reason:
- Long 5 is based on W968
- Long 5 is a commercial version of the blade, it'll not be the same as the national custom blade

Now W968 is also different from W997 as W997 has a thicker core comparing to W968, but their construction are the same:
limba - ayous - ALC - ayous core - ALC - ayous - limba

Most people who said they have a W997 or W968 are having the fakes, so you gotta take those review with a grain of salt. Having said that, it doesn't mean the Long 5 or the fake or copy version of the W968/W997 have bad performance, in fact, they perform pretty well.

My suggestion is, if you don't have the proper channel, don't get the national blade because you're very likely going to spend money on a fake/copy of the national blade. I'd recommend getting the Long 5 from a reputable store.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
alex5908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex5908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

My suggestion is, if you don't have the proper channel, don't get the national blade because you're very likely going to spend money on a fake/copy of the national blade. I'd recommend getting the Long 5 from a reputable store.

Yes, it makes sense.
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 2:46pm
I personally use the w997 and I've tried the w968 (2015 edition) for a month. I know that they're are real because I got mine through the head coach of the Shanghai prov team. I have never tried Long 5, however. From what I know, the long 5 is based off of w968 (what qualizon said). 

First of all, w997 is softer, slower, and has more control than the w968. the w968 (2015) is more powerful and also made for the plastic ball, while the w997 was made for the celluloid ones. Despite this, I still like the w997 more. It's more controllable, and definitely has enough power. Unless you're at CNT level, I think w997 > w968 (long 5) simply because w968 is too hard and fast. It's really only for those who have incredibly good ball feeling and want that extra power, otherwise the ball leaves your blade too quickly and is difficult to generate high quality loops. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

I personally use the w997 and I've tried the w968 (2015 edition) for a month. I know that they're are real because I got mine through the head coach of the Shanghai prov team. I have never tried Long 5, however. From what I know, the long 5 is based off of w968 (what qualizon said). 

First of all, w997 is softer, slower, and has more control than the w968. the w968 (2015) is more powerful and also made for the plastic ball, while the w997 was made for the celluloid ones. Despite this, I still like the w997 more. It's more controllable, and definitely has enough power. Unless you're at CNT level, I think w997 > w968 (long 5) simply because w968 is too hard and fast. It's really only for those who have incredibly good ball feeling and want that extra power, otherwise the ball leaves your blade too quickly and is difficult to generate high quality loops. 

as far i know several chinese players who played with clipper changed blade to dhs, which one could be stiffer and fast as a clippper or maybe like an upgrade  i think long 5 is too thin to be stiffer
minja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2015 at 12:40pm
for tenergy series butterfly alc are better.
maybe for hurricane series....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic