Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Joola Maxxx-P & Rhyzm-P Review (Updated)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 7:58pm
this rubber is hiJacking the name Rhyzm.

It does not feel like Rhyzm at all.

It lacks this super sharp feel of Rhyzm that just gives you feedback about the exact plane of the paddle. I don't know how to better describe it. When you hit the ball with Rhyzm, it almost feels like  you hit the ball with no sponge at all. You have excellent feedback about the angle. 
Also, the surface/topsheet of Rhyzm is very hard. This feels super frikking soft.

This rubber is 5 times closer to Maxx than to Rhyzm. But Rhyzm was a more successful series, so they introduced P Rhyzm first. 

The throw is totally different. The bite of the ball is different. It encourages stupid brush shots, which I hate with passion. You can't just put a small angle and rip the ball forward. The mechanics of the stroke are totally different that old Rhyzm. 

Also, this Rhyzm has something like a Tenergy kick to it. It is very explosive when you engage the sponge. Uh huh, faster than old Rhyzm, AND spinier. May sound like a great rubber to some of you, but this world was already full of shitty brush stroke rubbers. Rhyzm was a fukking rock. You push forward and the ball goes forward, no jumping, no kicking, no reacting to spin. 

Alright, fine, its not really a bad rubber, expecially if your mechanics favor much brushing. But this rubber has different DNA compared to old one. And is in NOW FKKN WAY replacement for old Rhyzm. It is more of a Tenergy replacement than Rhyzm replacement.

For those of you who are currently enjoying the best in the world control of Rhyzm - hang on to your hats. It is too soon for a change.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 11:42pm
Thanks, assiduous.  Very important review.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 2:33pm
I agree with Sid when he says Rhyzm-P feels like something totally different to the old Rhyzm line up. And that it feels "explosive" - jumpy in all but the lowest gears, non-linear in speed delivery. It feels so much softer than 45 deg in use.

However, I don't agree with his assessment of its brushy nature. My FH is really very brushy, and I love Maxx, Bluefire, H3 on that wing. And I can't get used to Rhyzm-P at all on the FH side - it throws very low, and suits a driving style IMO. And on harder hits it gives a big cracking sound - if this is the rubber bottoming out, then it's seriously weak for a 45 deg sponge.

After my first week with Rhyzm-P, I switched it over to my BH side, where I drive and hit a lot more than my FH. It was far more successful there, but again the low throw felt odd to me. And it can be seriously quick. In fact the whole experience was really strange, and I start to wonder if this is one of the first rubbers which really only makes sense with the poly balls.

I spoke to our Joola sponsored players about this - they've been training with Joola 40+'s for a few weeks now. Their thoughts about the poly-era equipment go like this:

There will be rubbers which attempt to replicate the feel and performance of rubbers from the celluloid years. So - more topsheet grip, more low-gear power. These will feel like a handful with the celluloid ball. But will they wear out more quickly?

And then there will be equipment which is specifically designed to be optimised for a driving style of play, rather than spin-focussed looping. So, for those players who are already hitting and driving, or those who feel this style will be the most efficient in the poly era and will switch to it.

My gut feeling is that Rhyzm-P fits into the second category. It's a shame that Joola re-used the Rhyzm name for this one, because I can't see the logic in it really. And sid is totally right - it isn't a slightly modified Rhyzm for the poly ball. It's just different.

Rather than Bluefire M or Maxx, it reminds me more of the feel of Tibhar 1Q Sound in many ways, but with an odd low throw...
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
iPongdotnet View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iPongdotnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 9:18am
The rhyzm & Maxxx P series are all for the poly era hence the P more similarly to the DHS line which reuses the Hurricane and TinArc rubber lines which are pretty different compared to H3 and regular Tinarc. Or at least their first attempt at it. Rhyzm has always been more of a driving rubber than Maxxx so I'm not surprised there. Pretty surprised someone in the states got it before we did since we are the NA distributor. Also as far as we can tell with our exposure to the Poly Ball driving is a more successful tactic rather than regular spin. It's a bit easier to drive the ball as opposed to spinning it or countering someone's spin. I think for this reason the Chinese are sure to further themselves even more from the rest of the world.
ipong.net
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 10:05am
had a good club session last night, and funnily, i had exact same observation as ipongdotnet. It is easier to drive the ball hard that to finesse it. Rhyzm P has a very TOUCHY topsheet. Very reactive. Spiny serves to short forehand made me lose a match that I thought was in the bag. I hate that. Pushing the same serve with old Rhyzm is so much easier! 
Also when they soft loop and I try to control loop it back, the ball just kicks too much. It has a pronounced catapult kick, maybe stronger than Maxx. 
So I found that it works best when you just firmly drive the ball forward. It still kicks, but if you powerful enough it kind of kicks in the direction that you want. The drives that DID land were definitely nastier than Rhyzm, faster and strong deflection at the table bounce. But all in all I prefer the superb control of the old Rhyzm.
All my tests were done with the old ball.

puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2015 at 4:41pm
im a convert to rhyzm-p for BH...

Great counterlooping usually don't come with great drop shots.

This time it did.
(although i heard rasant grip is also similar.)
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 10:52am
I will be testing the max-p this week... next week, we write a short review. I have been using rhyzm375 close to a year...it will be a good test!Clapstay tuned....
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
PowerChop23 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PowerChop23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2016 at 1:35pm
Can someone compare the Rhyzm P with the Victas V01?

Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2016 at 5:01am
Rhyzm P vs Victas V 01 2.0 mm .

Rhyzm P -top layer feels more grip , it is harder and has a slightly lower flight path than the Victas V01 . Rhyzm P me doesn't remind the group of the Rhyzm as such , far closer to the Tibhar Evo MXS ,or the like . Rhyzm P you can very easily slow strokes , grip the upper layer is excellent, and helps the well to drive the ball .

Victas V01 - for me, it's like a better class of Acuda S1 . Doesn't give as much spin on slow strokes , none the less still a good grip . Victas perfectly shows your great features when really you will be slamming into horses , it is then wind . Very easy to play the exchanges with a lot of rotation and the accuracy of the location . If your strokes perfect and your style of play is still play to win , go with the Victas . If you are more versatile player , more easily go with the Rhyzm P . Both rubbers are very good on the front side and both can properly inflame the opponent on fire when they are in the right hands and in the right wood 

Victas V01 is not so picky and it can be put on any kind of stiffer blades and plays very well . Rhyzm P seems average and pretty tough on these blades ,but where it really comes alive and is excellent , so the wood with the top softer layer of Hinoki or spruce . Tamca Gergely , Donic Waldner and Person Champion 89 ,plays really well done ! 

PS: A week Ago he was at my friend , similar level as me . Its original setting Butterfly Jun Mizutani 2x Tenergy 05 . Now bring on the exam Waldner Champion 89 RhyzmP max both sides . When played with Mizutani ,our duels were balanced and the outcome is decided always just a few little things . Now with Waldner Champions I had no chance and it was on the level a better player . Balls with Rhzym P glide after the rebound from the table, and I had a huge problem with blocks not to mention , it came in, one after the other, even from impossible positions .

Alone friend admitted that with Rhyzm P max he plays far better than with Tenergy , because he facilitating play even late in the ball with Tenergy just to play go . With Rhyzm P you can pick up nails from the floor , literally his sentence . Waldner 89 with a higher arch are great complements with a lower Rhyzm P . Played with a plastic ball Xushaofa and Hanno .

Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2016 at 3:23pm
if you like rhyzm p I'm pretty shure that you will like "rhyzm tech" even better. been using it for some time now and it has stronger loops and serves...both have 37.5 degree sponges but the rhyzm tech has more grip. I noticed it as soon as I started to play with it.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2016 at 4:26pm

Rhyzm-P has a 45 degree sponge, which is considerably harder than Rhyzm-Tech.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2016 at 6:43pm
Yep!..I was thinkin rhyzm 375..my bad!..I have played with all of them, I'm a dealer.. also..rhyzm tech is 42.5..

Edited by FlatHitter - 09/11/2016 at 7:24pm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2016 at 9:21am
As soon as I started playing with Rhyzm Tech in Max it was love at first sight, or love at first hit I should say. I had been playing with Donic rubbers all my life, and nothing Joola ever cam out with made me want to change my mind. Along comes Rhyzm Tech and I finally found a Joola rubber that I can say goodbye to Donic for. I think someone posted on the forum that Rhyzm Tech had the Donic Acuda Blue sponge and the Rhyzm topsheet. If that's true then I haven't completely said goodbye to Donic I guess.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by alphapong alphapong wrote:

Rhyzm-P has a 45 degree sponge, which is considerably harder than Rhyzm-Tech.

is tech or P more popular amongst your clubmates?
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2016 at 3:45pm
Rhyzm-P is more popular among our better players. Tech is for people who like a softer rubber.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 1:44pm
A couple of good players (Italy #5, Italy #30) recently tried the rhyzm P on forehand. They normally use t05 on forehand, on clipper CR and CC. Well, they both say that rhyzm P does NOT have low throw at all. (you don't go to net with the same stroke). And they both say rhyzm P is faster. One of them said it's harder, but had not boosted it yet. They don't agree on whether it has more or less spin than t05 (one says more, the other says a bit less).

Edited by seguso - 01/16/2017 at 1:47pm
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
allrounder View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allrounder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 4:42pm
Quadri Aruna plays with rythzm p max both sides..just so you know. although his has a special 50deg sponge..top sheet is still the same.
he hates tenergy by the way lol
One point at a time
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 1:17pm
Did Quadri switch off of MAXX?

Edited by bard romance - 01/19/2017 at 1:17pm
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 2:22pm
no he always played maxx-p
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 2:45pm
If I'm not mistaken, allrounder knows Aruna well personally, hoping for his reply
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 4:11pm
From German Open 2016

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

no he always played maxx-p

No. He played regular Maxx topsheet and now he plays Rhyzm-P.
Cybershape Carbon
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 8:14am
when i met him on the teams tournament it was maxx-p
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 8:15am
and his handle was green not red and black
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 9:25am
Unless you have a picture, I find that puzzling.  But maybe I saw Maxx-p and thought I was just looking at Maxx.

Edited by NextLevel - 01/22/2017 at 9:28am
Cybershape Carbon
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Unless you have a picture, I find that puzzling.  But maybe I saw Maxx-p and thought I was just looking at Maxx.
i saw it 2 years ago on the red side didn't pay attention to the black side
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 9:29am
i remember hearing something along the lines of rhyzm-p to maxxx back to rhyzmp with a harder sponge which goes along with what all-rounder said. but i still think he'd be the best one to confirm.

Edited by bard romance - 01/23/2017 at 9:30am
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allrounder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 8:40pm
I can confirm that he plays with a special sponge rythzm p. I believe his is about 50deg hardness, and he switched from maxxx to rythzmp back in 2014. how do I know this? he gave me his blade to use at the 2015 teams lol.

Edited by allrounder - 01/25/2017 at 8:43pm
One point at a time
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2017 at 6:28am
Was it maxxx-p or maxxx?
Cybershape Carbon
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allrounder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 11:22am
nextlevel its just maxxx( I think). I think maxxx p and rythzm p came out around the same time,and he switched immediately to rythzm p. i'll try and check my chats with him on whatsapp about his equipement back then and post it( or maybe not:)) don't wanna get him in trouble with his sponsors since I don't know if he is allowed to tell specifics about his equipment choices.
One point at a time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic