Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yinhe Big Dipper - Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
Author
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 7:07pm
Mr. Ely its 729 friendship aurora.
Comes in 40 and 42 degs . 40 with tearmender is loud as hell.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Sponsored Links

berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 11:53pm
so i have to retract my previous statement:

decided to give BD another try bc i love the blue sponge look and people at my club have been continuing to rave about it .... and i love it nowBig smile

i must have had a bad sheet the first time, bc this sheet is way better in all areas, spin, speed, control.

this is definitely my main FH rubber now, specifically bc it's great at counter-looping
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 10:48am
I just got a new batch in on Friday, and they went again with the yellow sponge under red 38.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I just got a new batch in on Friday, and they went again with the yellow sponge under red 38.

Don't know about you, but I get annoyed with them somethings

I have another batch ordering now and will be in a couple of weeks.
will see what my 38, 39 and 40 look like
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

Please anyone compare BD 39 or 40 degrees to Thors. Which one is harder, which has longer or shorter arc, better in short game, which one is more "chinese" etc.

I played with Thors for a longer time than I did big dipper and there was a several year separation. Both are good. I found Thors very hard to counter loop with. It also had this tendancy to "fall off" the rubber if I did not hit it correctly. BD will "fall off" as well but it is easier to counter loop as the sponge is softer. They are more similar than different. I cannot recall relativel throw angles. I think BD may be better in the short game.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 6:39pm
Agreed, but then that's every table tennis company I've ever dealt with.  Probably part of what you get when you pay 25 to 50% of the price of the Euro/Japanese brands.

Gustau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 5:01pm
Questions:

1) Is there much difference between red and black rubbers in terms of throw angle, spin and speed? 

2) Between 39 degrees and 38 degrees, which would you recommend for FH on a carbon bat (Nittaku Redshank) and which for FH on a 5-ply wood (Nittaku Acoustic)?

Thanks...
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2015 at 5:04pm
Can you explain me the difference between 8/6/4 corner version? IIs it the same as DHS? got another one on 38° and its also got that prov sticker but this time I got a 8 cornered and the the other one was 39°but 6edges. I paid same price for both. Where's the mistery?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 10:03am
Jon, where did you purchase the recent sheet from?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 10:44am
I purchased it on ebay.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 2:35pm
Btw my 38° feels like a 40° con dhs scale.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 7:16pm
Just glued a 39 deg black yesterday but noticed a small bubble in the middle. Feels like something is underneath the top sheet so definitely a quality issue. It has 8 corners. Removed from blade and had the pre-glue layer lifted altogether easily.

Open another 40 deg black and this one has 4 corners. The package looks exactly the same and I bought them together in one lot so there is no simple way to tell what you will get until you open the package. This one is just perfect.   
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 7:49pm
The QC issues were the reason I stopped using this.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 8:18pm
Mr. Level what are you using now?

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 8:38pm
MX-S and T05.
Cybershape Carbon
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2015 at 11:44pm
I see. At this current stage, I would like to hear your take on the price difference.
Will the durability of your current rubbers, make up for the 2x and 3x the price of big dipper?

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 12:20am
I think his issues were that they ran out of the soft sponge and took the easy way out...packaging hard sponges as 38.

I wonder if the current batch is hard or soft?  I'm sure the red is pretty soft because it's the yellow.  But as far as production quality, bubbling, I've seen zero issues at all.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 1:13am
Thanks Mr. Ely for your input. Do you have to have any untuned black bd ?

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 3:36am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

I see. At this current stage, I would like to hear your take on the price difference.
Will the durability of your current rubbers, make up for the 2x and 3x the price of big dipper?

My issue is more with how the rubber feels and plays from batch to batch.  If I used 40 deg sponge, I would have fewer issues but their 38 deg sponge has been inconsistent.  I can but do not like to play with extremely hard rubber.

Edited by NextLevel - 05/31/2015 at 3:37am
Cybershape Carbon
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 7:40am
Bubble on my 39 deg out of the package. I glue it on anyway and it plays great. So sad. For price/performance ratio it is second to none. 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 4:20pm
I don't think they have an untuned BD, unless you have some connection to the factory.

Untuned, black diamond would probably be the same as the top-tier 729 rubbers like goldstar attack or red diamond or something.

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

What other colour of sponge did they used on red? I thought they are always bright yellow like Moon Speed.

Edited by TurboZ - 05/31/2015 at 5:50pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 6:04pm
Well, i could try my new BD 38º this evening for a while. Quite dissapointing. I was expecting an even faster version than my 39º but not at all. It´s quite softer, bouncier like euro rubber but lacks the top gear the 39º has.  Topspin arc isn´t as deadlier with this, i´d rather prefer flat-low throw rubber on my FH rather than this. On the other hand, topsheet hasn´t got same quality, maybe I wasn´t lucky this time, but  topsheet has some oxidized spotted areas and overall looking hasn´t  the uniform bright back of the 39º i got a few weeks ago.  Maybe it has to do with the numer of corners, this one was 8 edges,  don´t really know.

However, i I have asked my provider and he has no clue about 4/6/8 edges on any Big dipper, it´s just random and hasn´t any relationship with their quality like DHS.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 6:49pm
I thought the first batch I got used blue under red. I could be wrong.

I tried a 38 black. Not the softest I've tried, but softer than it has been.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 1:33am
My 38° black BD is like a 40° DHS and 39° feels around 41°.

39° has more stronf Smell& glue effect than 38°.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 9:21am
How long does it take for the effect to wear off? 15-18 hours of playtime?

bluehorseshoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluehorseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 11:56am
So months ago I ordered a 39 in both red and black (from the same vendor in the same order even) after using a 38 that I liked but wanted to try something a little harder.  I tried the red one first and it was just too hard for my tastes, very typical Chinese rubber feel.  It seemed like it was much harder than a degree in hardness would suggest.  I recently opened the black one (I didn't bother initially since I thought the red one was too hard), and it is substantially softer than the red one I ordered, to the point where I really like it.  Since I kept the old rubber, even with my eyes closed I can tell the difference when I pinch them.  

It's probably as a few others suggested, that maybe they just labeled a sheet of 40 degree 39 to keep up with demand.  It's not really a bargain if I have to buy 2 to get one I want though since there are a lot of good rubbers if I  pay $40 instead of $20.  
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68077&PID=823122#823122
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by bluehorseshoe bluehorseshoe wrote:

So months ago I ordered a 39 in both red and black (from the same vendor in the same order even) after using a 38 that I liked but wanted to try something a little harder.  I tried the red one first and it was just too hard for my tastes, very typical Chinese rubber feel.  It seemed like it was much harder than a degree in hardness would suggest.  I recently opened the black one (I didn't bother initially since I thought the red one was too hard), and it is substantially softer than the red one I ordered, to the point where I really like it.  Since I kept the old rubber, even with my eyes closed I can tell the difference when I pinch them.  

It's probably as a few others suggested, that maybe they just labeled a sheet of 40 degree 39 to keep up with demand.  It's not really a bargain if I have to buy 2 to get one I want though since there are a lot of good rubbers if I  pay $40 instead of $20.  

Exactly. Buying 3 sheets to get the right Big Dipper then gets you into Tenergy territory.  And as we all know, more money has been spent looking for Tenergy replacements than buying actual sheets of Tenergy by amateurs trying to replace Tenergy.
Cybershape Carbon
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 1:49pm
Boy if you want real 40, the 40 I have is really 40.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Exactly. Buying 3 sheets to get the right Big Dipper then gets you into Tenergy territory.  And as we all know, more money has been spent looking for Tenergy replacements than buying actual sheets of Tenergy by amateurs trying to replace Tenergy.

How about this:

If you buy in bulk, Xiom Vega Pro rubber is around $22 at TT11. Big Dipper territory, not crazy fast and I'm assuming more consistent from batch to batch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
  Share Topic