Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sword Blue & Gold Feather review?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sword Blue & Gold Feather review?
    Posted: 09/29/2014 at 1:04pm
I'm interested in these two blades. Blue feather has JLC under the top-ply which similar to many famous blade such as TMB series. For Gold feather, JLC will be under 2nd-ply which similar to innerforce series.
Please let me know these blades are good for looping or not.
Thank you.

Edited by Tabmini - 10/17/2014 at 11:49am
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳
Sponsored Links

Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 1:05pm

Edited by Tabmini - 09/29/2014 at 1:13pm
My feedback :
Johnny1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 8:04pm
JLC is similar to BTY ZLC.
kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 8:56pm
The sword emblem looks the same with xvt zhang jike zlc clone.. Even China brands copy themselves..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 9:59pm

Blue feather

Edited by Johnny1996 - 09/29/2014 at 10:12pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 10:10pm

Gold feather

Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2014 at 10:15pm
Thx Johnny1996, I've heard these blade had good feedback in china. Do you have tried one of them. Would you mind to make a short review for these 2 ? Thank youSmile
My feedback :
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 2:14am
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62002&title=sword-blue-feather-a-viscaria-clone

Sword Blue feather Review from back then where it wasn't publicly released yet
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 3:49am
Oh Thank you _maddic. I've already seen that topic which explain just it has same structure as viscaria. But I want details about how does it play, in term of speed, control, durability (about splintering), flexiblility, harness, and compare with some famous blades.
My feedback :
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 3:52am
I noticed your signature that your using Sword Blue Feather blade. How does it play? Could you share some details.
My feedback :
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 4:29am
i don't remember how much the blade alone weights.

my initial combo was yasaka rakza 7 soft BH with sword maze FH.
it was around high 180g and i din't like the weight , furthermore it had a head heavy feel to it.

later i changed it to rakza 7 soft FH and nittaku hammond pro beta BH.
it feels perfect now , at 172g and a very balanced feel.
its currently with my friend who uses it and lends around to new ex-players at his work place , this setup is very friendly and balanced , players pick it up very fast.

it feels good enough for looping and has a decent "thick" feel when hammering balls.
i used to like it for looping and thought it was pretty good till i tried nexy's kanaph and thats by far the "best looping machine" blade i've tried.

when it comes to really big power shots , a blade like kinson carbon offensive would feel "thicker" and give a harder bang , but it has totally no feel as compared to swordblue , there is still some feel to it. in comparison to a YEO ( although it was a penhold) , sword blue is definitely faster but YEO has more feel to it.

light touches aren't that fantastic in comparison with hinoki blades , decent to not that good.

oh and its durabilty. twice i banged the blade right into the table (experimenting with a new underspin serve) , the kind where other players look at you and cringe , the blade was fine after that , but i won't be doing that on purpose ;x
it has also went thru heavy abuse by my friends , who slap it on ur butts , hips and knock it against the table from time to time. and the blade is still all good :) , no splinters or cracks , just a few dents at the side.

overall , a off- blade with not much gears,
pretty consistent at all speeds.

Edited by _maddic - 09/30/2014 at 4:35am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Tabmini Tabmini wrote:

Oh Thank you _maddic. I've already seen that topic which explain just it has same structure as viscaria. But I want details about how does it play, in term of speed, control, durability (about splintering), flexiblility, harness, and compare with some famous blades.

If you don't mind me chipping in - I had one for around a month.

Build quality was very high. No flaws anywhere, no splintering during rubber changes. The handle was good, but I didn't like the shape of the wings. I have a high grip, and they got in the way. I could have sanded them down of course.

How it plays - it's something of a double-edged Sword (ba-dum tish). It's medium-hard with some flex. At low impact speeds it's quite easy-going, but it becomes fast when the pace picks up. Massive sweet spot.

It reminded me a LOT of the Xiom Hayabusa ZXi. It's definitely harder and faster than a Viscaria.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 7:13am
Thank you _maddic & AndySmith for answering. I've tried both YEO and Hayabusa ZXI. My previous blade is YEO but i've been changing to YMLC now because it has larger sweet spot. I'm finding blade is more power for loop kill shot and this blade might provide.
As AndySmith said if this blade is similar to Hayabusa ZXI in many terms. I like this blade in every respects except the blade wing should be sanded and hard to control for the short game (for me). Then, Gold feather might has more flex than BF.Big smile

Edited by Tabmini - 09/30/2014 at 7:16am
My feedback :
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Tabmini Tabmini wrote:

Then, Gold feather might has more flex than BF.Big smile

I would imagine so, yes.

The BF was a bit too hard/fast for me, but it did pair up really well with hard Chinese rubbers. Had the Gold Feather been available at the time, I would probably have selected that. Seems more my "thing".
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 9:51am
i have not played both BF and GF which are 2nd generation of JLC. both are high class blades. now, a 3rd generation of JLC with rose wood surface is used. i may give a review later. let refer the photos first.

Edited by Johnny1996 - 09/30/2014 at 9:57pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 10:02am

3 rd generation  of  JLC with rose wood surface ( not in sales in market)

Edited by Johnny1996 - 09/30/2014 at 10:05am
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2014 at 11:44am
BF is highly recommended..

I'm currently using BF and Viscaria. Alternate between the 2.
Setup for BF is Rhyzm and Razak 7 soft, fantastic. My main blade.
Setup for Viscaria used to be P5 and Razak 7 Soft. Feel light and lack power on FH. Just change FH to Razak 7. Don't like it initially... but play better on the subsequent day. Feel more solid due to the slightly heavier weigth. Quite like the whole setup after playing with it for the 3rd day : )

I also have the GF. Not play with it yet.

By hitting both blade handle on forehead, GF has a slightly higher pitch and BF has a slightly duller pitch. So GF is harder (or the other way round) ?

Tech Specification 
BF : Off+, speed 12.5, control 10, elasticity 12
GF : Off, speed 12, control 11, elasticity 11.5

I love cheap and good blades that suit my game...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 1:38am
below is the development and design of BF which is quite interesting.
-- 2 nd generation of JLC in 2012
-- tested by one professional team head coach who used BTY Taksim penhold grip. Original version is 6.0 mm thick.
-- 6.0 version was tested by professional and non-professional players. Feedback from 2 levels were necessary.
-- in non-professional player, both good and bad feedbacks were received. Male professional players are not satsifed. female professional players accepted it. after that, the version of 5.8 and 5.5 mm in thick were produced and tested by top level of professional team. 5.5 version was better.
--also, 5.5 version was tested by non-professional players who all satisfied. later, it was sent to a top leval player who is world champsion and one professional team head coach.
--one top level professional player who used VIS played the first time of BF and accepted it. normally, it needs to change at least one time. now, that player uses BF finally.

Edited by Johnny1996 - 10/01/2014 at 6:12am
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 2:19am
If Gold Feather is available in ST handle, tell me where to buy one
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 4:20am
As your mentioned, this blade specification is 5.5 mm of thickness right? I see some distributor describe it on 5.8+-0.2 mm & 5.5+-0.2 mm and Weight around 80-90 g. Which one I found in FS, the seller claim his blade is 92 g for the 5.5 mm blade LOL. I no doubt it has fine surface but for weight it can't assure me about their QC. (May be I has quite high expect)
My feedback :

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2014 at 11:43am
yes, the finalized version is 5.5 mm. i am not sure the distributor really sells 5.8 version or the info is not correct. since now it is long holiday in China, i can't clarify with u. may be later.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic