Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victas Limber & Double Extra (Full Review)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victas Limber & Double Extra (Full Review)
    Posted: 09/30/2014 at 8:04am
Victas Limber and Double Extra Rubbers

Got this with gratitude from Haggisv. High quality rubbers remind me of nittaku fastarc series. Haggisv offered me to review these 2 great rubbers for him courtesy of tabletennisshop.com.au
I was a bit apprehensive on this Victas Brand because maybe it's just another brand with similar euro tensor rubbers at first but using and testing them changed my first impressions on these 2 rubbers. The 2 rubbers come with a good and elegantly designed packaging. Upon opening these 2 rubbers you could see immediately the time spent to design the packaging and the rubbers themselves are one great sight to look at. The topsheets have this high quality and grainy look. They have this kind of very grippy surface when I first inspected them. As what I have said, the topsheets have these grip reminiscent of the Nittaku Fastarc series.

VS 402 Limber
weight: 70 grams (approx.)
thickness: 2.0mm
hardness: 40 degrees

VS 402 Double Extra
Weight: 72 grams (approx.)
Thickness: 2.0mm
Hardness: 50 degrees

The Limber and Double Extra were labelled as 40 and 50 degrees respectively but when I pressed the 2 rubbers it seems Victas has a different scale of hardness for their rubbers. Unlike Joola or any other European brands, the Limber's 40 degrees rating was a but harder than it was labelled. I am not gonna blame Victas for this because it's their rating but I would rate the Limber has similar to a 45 degree Euro Rubber and the Double Extra probably 48 degrees. This is just my estimate and trying to compare sponge hardness of the 2 rubbers. The Limber has smaller pores on its sponge while the Double Extra has larger pores.

My findings:

Feel

The Double Extra feels hard on my blade (Stiga Intensity and Avalox 550). I used this 2 blades to test the 2 rubbers to try and see which blade would likely suit them. The Limber on the other hand seems just right. I preferred the Double Extra on a limba blade like Avalox 550. The combination of hard sponge and medium soft wood of limba had this great feel when driving or hitting the ball. I also compensated on the hard feel of the Double Extra that it somehow made the ball easier to hit with. On a harder blade like Intensity, it felt strong maybe even stronger feedback on a carbon blade. The Limber however is a rubber that suits different hard and soft blades. It felt good both on a limba and walnut outer ply blade. You can also feel the ball sink into the sponge but not too much and it doesn't bottom out or hit the wood.

Speed

The Limber is rated as off and the Double Extra as off+. The Limber is on the speed level of Tibhar Evolution EL-P, Joola Maxxx 450 and Adidas Tenzone Ultra. The Double Extra seems as fast as a Joola Rhyzm 48 degrees - hard and fast rubber more suited on hitting oriented styles. Surprisingly,
when I was doing drop shots, the Limber was more bouncy than the Double Extra. The Double Extra seems less bouncy on delicate soft shots which I would attribute to its hardness. The Limber is more linear on speed while the Double Extra has a bit more gears wherein there are levels of speed on which you can perform. The speed of the Double Extra comes alive when you begin to hit more through the sponge especially on power shots like smashes and counter hitting away from the table. The Double Extra has this very long trajectory even at long distance from the table, the speed is constant. The Limber is more or less up to the middle distance only. Note that if I have both as max versions or maybe 2.1-2.2mm thickness of the sponges, the speed of the Double Extra and Limber could have been greater.

Spin

Both Limber and Double Extra rubbers have very high amount of spin generation. Had they been at max thicknesses I could have felt more spin when looping with them. The Limber has low to medium arc when looping and the Double Extra has a medium arc. The Double Extra was consistent with having the higher throw between the 2 Victas rubbers. The amount of spin which the Limber can Produce is comparable to that of the FX-P evolution or Bluefire M2. The Double Extra is a few notches spinnier on very strong shots and slow looping shots. The Limber is already spinny but it generated spin better when combined the use of the topsheet and more on the sponge. The Double Extra can spin great when you brush loop or use more of the topsheet to brush the ball and very minimal on sponge like using or looping with a chinese rubber. The speed and spin increase kicks in when you compress more on the sponge of the Double Extra and brush the ball especially far from the table where it exceeds the Limber's spin. On serves and pushes, the Double Extra seemed spinnier by a few notches than the Limber.

Control

Since both rubbers are at 2.0mm they are controllable. I have yet to fully experience their full speed if I have the max versions. Both at 2.0mm are already very fast with good amount of control. The Limber is a better blocking rubber than the Double Extra because it is more forgiving and having a softer sponge helps a lot. Both rubbers are at normal reaction against incoming spin not too sensitive but controllable.

Drawback

I think the only drawback for both Limber and Double Extra rubbers are their weight. At only 2.0mm both are at 70 and 72 grams respectively. I have used both rubbers on the 2 test blades at the same time and I can feel the weight but this drawback is not that much of an issue if your other rubber is a bit lighter. All in all both very good rubbers with high performances. I am looking forward to Victas having newer and better products that could compete with other brands.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2014 at 11:44am
updated with review
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2014 at 2:32pm
Thanks for the review! Did you get a chance to do any chopping with these rubbers? I gathered they were still supposed to be good for that since they are the sequels to VS401.
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2014 at 11:50pm
sorry i didn't try to chop with these rubbers because i was using off- and off blades

kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 12:22am
brother! do you think it will suite my style? 
Impossible is really impossible
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 12:25am
maybe the Limber in max version bro

kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 12:28am
alright! gonna have try that one.. 
Impossible is really impossible
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 1:40am
Nice review, thanks Yogi Thumbs Up!

Originally posted by ckhirnigs113 ckhirnigs113 wrote:

Did you get a chance to do any chopping with these rubbers? I gathered they were still supposed to be good for that since they are the sequels to VS401.

Yes I was under the same impression... I've not tried the rubbers yet though.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 2:21am
Great review! Can you compare Victas VS>402 Limber with Victas V>01 Limber?
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 4:30am
sorry, i have not tried the v>01 limber

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 4:33am
tried chopping them, they seem to be a little fast for chopping even with slower blades at 2.0mm

ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2014 at 8:15am
Thanks for the info! I think I'll hold off then.
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 12:24am
Disagree.. I still haven't used the Limber 2.0 much that I got awhile back but it seemed relatively easy to chop with. Butter soft, loads of dwell. Medium speed, not fast, probably too.. soft on soft. I'd say generating offense is the bigger question here. Not sure when I will test further to get a surer opinion but safe to say I should have tried Double Extra.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 9:11am
v>01 or vs> 402 limber, you have to specify

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 10:14am
Got to resurrect this thread.
Just ordered a sheet of 402 DE for bh in 2.0mm, hoping for some brush loop Chinese qualities and good short game but better driving than Chinese rubbers, hoping for the best of both worlds!!

I am surprised more players don't use this rubber!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 11:03am
Actually both rubbers you ordered are very good and I am astonished they do not get more attention.

I have hit with the Double Extra but I do not know if it was 18 or 2.0 or max. On the forehand it was very good to loop, the arc it produced is incredible. The downside was that it needs good forward motion because otherwise it would not really grab the ball and it became inaccurate. I could be wrong on this one though, because the one I tried was nt a new piece so to speak.

The V15 Limber is also a very good rubber. Pure control and very good spin and still it can produce ample speed.

I got to try them 4 weeks ago when a new bloke came to us to play. He only uses Victas and I am glad I could try these rubbers.

Actually, I am going to buy both a Double Extra and a V15 Limber soon.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 12:31pm
ill report back after weekend where I am going to just dive in and use both at a tournament

Edited by mog1111 - 09/27/2017 at 12:32pm
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Rhainur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhainur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Actually both rubbers you ordered are very good and I am astonished they do not get more attention.
I too am surprised by this. I started on the Victas series by chance last year when a friend bought a couple of sheets while visiting Europe. I ended up trying all for the following for at least 2 months each

V>15 Extra
V>01
V>01 Stiff
V>01 Limber

and I've finally settled on V>01 Limber as my favorite FH rubber. I tried switching back to T05 just recently, and after a month, went back to Victas. Something about it really suits my stroke, and the fact that it's way cheaper than Tenergy doesn't hurt either
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Rhainur Rhainur wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I too am surprised by this. I started on the Victas series by chance last year when a friend bought a couple of sheets while visiting Europe. I ended up trying all for the following for at least 2 months each

V>15 Extra
V>01
V>01 Stiff
V>01 Limber

and I've finally settled on V>01 Limber as my favorite FH rubber. I tried switching back to T05 just recently, and after a month, went back to Victas. Something about it really suits my stroke, and the fact that it's way cheaper than Tenergy doesn't hurt either

What do you think about V > 01 Stiff? And how would you compare it to V > 15 Extra? I've been seriously considering both of these as my next rubbers once my current ones are done for. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 7:19pm
Had a quick 1 hour knock tired knock with 402 double extra tonight.
on a donic wsc
very interesting, fantastic for blocking, good tight game for non Chinese, been using h3neo for 12 months.
Report more tomorrow after tournament

used on bh only, want something a bit more dynamic than h3neo (bh) but not too euro/jap bouncy.

seems very spinny, pretty solid though might be unforgiving in a match situation
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic