Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PPH's Yinhe 40+ Plastic Ball (SEAMLESS) Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PPH's Yinhe 40+ Plastic Ball (SEAMLESS) Review
    Posted: 10/03/2014 at 11:49pm

Just received some Yinhe’s 40+ Plastic Balls.  They are seamless!!!! Gotta say that I’m really excited about the quality & playability.  They are hard just like Nittaku’s Premiums & Double Fish 3 Star Balls by pressing pretty hard against them.  It has the ITTF APPROVED stamp on ball & box.  Checked every single ball in the box of 6, and ALL of them are perfectly round.  By bouncing next to the double fish & Nittaku Premium & a Palio Seamless they all have same consistent bounce height.  

Will put them in action next week & provide review… I will have them for sale once I receive within a week or two upon delivery.  Stay tuned… 

Update: 10/11:
Played with the Yinhe Poly Balls(YPB) for a week now.  At first, it took some time to get adjusted to the bounce & feel.  I was fairly comfortable with them after 3hours (1 Session).  As mentioned in the XSF Poly Ball reviews, the YPB also plays very similar to Cell Balls.  Sound is not distracting at all like the (broken sounds of) Palio PB I got or the Nittaku Seamed PB (paddlepalace).  These Poly Balls don’t give the same feel you get from Cell Balls, or we just need time to get adjusted to them. 

During practice & gameplay, the ball seems like it’s lighter but you can still feel the heaviness (like the Nittaku Premiums & DoubleFish) when you hit it.  Ball speed is slower, however, the bounce is very consistent.  Some players I played games with didn’t really like the ball, especially a 3rd ball attacker from one of my vids.  I was able to block off at least 80% of his 3rd balls where I would win most of those rallies after that.  All-around ralliers would love these balls, I enjoyed very much that aspect of the game, especially against those SP penholders who like to stay super close table & block till you drop.         

I did notice some loss of spin in service, however return of service was easier on my end too.  It will take some adjustment to get use to the bounce as some of intended shorts serves went long.  Long pushes got too many points from unexpectantly dropping back on the table.  Surprisingly, my loops were more consistent & even more spinnier.  I felt it during gameplay where I can control my opponent with my topspin arsenal… bear in mind that these are similar level & better players than me.

After 3 sessions this week, the ball endured some serious pounding.  It has hit (hard hits) against concrete walls, steel lockers, metal barrier edges, foreheads, watches, smashed against the table with rackets & bared blades (because they didn’t like the ball=S).  It’s still not broken yet!!!  Even the best of best in Nittaku Premiums/Double Fish Cell Balls won’t stand a chance. 

In summary, I am super happy with these Yinhe Poly Balls.  Great value for slightly lower price than XSF balls.  They have far exceeded my expectations, & should take notable credits.  So I was told by our Rep here that Yinhe distributed these as samples.  He gave me two boxes, and I did order some for my own use. 

Update 11/20/2014:  I've mentioned that these are SEAMLESS! However,  I have noticed that it does have a small seam at about 1cm, cause that's how the balls get cracked.  Balls have lasted me over a week each, except when it hit the seamed part of the ball.  Even that, they don't break as dramatic as the Joola super plastics & Nittaku SHAs.  I conclude that these are far superior than those, only thing that I played with that can compete against these are Nittaku Premium Japans.  Altho, I am not sure about NPJ's durability as I only hit with them for a few minutes...I can say they are similar characteristics...consistent roundness & high bounce compare to other plastics.

Edited by PingPongHolic10 - 11/20/2014 at 8:48am
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 12:14am
Bring themm to Flushing Korean TT club next weekend and see if you win vs me again using them and Ur new ZX blade Smile
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2014 at 1:22am
Challenge Accepted!!! Thumbs Up
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 1:22am
I just got in 3 boxes of 6.  Didn't get to try them tonight though.  Will try them tuesday.  As stated they are seamless.

I have some giant dragon seamed coming in for stock.  I may end up carrying both.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 5:51am
I also got in 3 boxes, hehe
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 5:39pm
Where do you buy them?
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 7:12pm
LET'S LIVE AND SEE...

Just communicated with a celebrity boy, Kirill Tarasenko 16yo, participant for Kazakhstam Noc at the Asian Game table tennis events.

He confirmed that the ball in use was CHAMPION celluloid Korea-made. The ball to be scarcely found someplace on Europa-America market, but on Asian region markets only.

I admire very much to see if XU Xin is good enough to gain a golden glory with hard plastic DHS as much as he did with celluloid mild-soft meterial.
   World Men's Cup oncoming next week would be an answer illustrious. .    
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 7:26pm
I got mine tooBig smile

I had a very brief hit with them. The bounce is good, actually slightly higher than a Double Fish celluloid! Spin is still significantly less than celluloid. Feel is a little hard.
Dimensions are around 40.3mm, which is on the high side. Sound is only slightly different to celluloid.
Roundness is not bad, but one ball was a little off. Roundness is similar to seamed plastic balls, while I expected they would be better. Not bad balls though, and they'll probably improve. Thumbs Up
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 9:43pm
Yep, just like XSF.  Nice high bounce, also a more consistent bounce.  Much better than the seamed balls.  However, maybe Yin He is getting the second tier balls they make?  I have not had a roundness problem with an XSF labeled ball.

All of the polyballs are a little slower and less spin in the area, that's a size issue.  As to whether they feel soft or hard, that is a really complex issue. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2014 at 10:26pm
Hanno is now selling a seamless 40+ ball that is made in Germany, it appears to be the one made by Weener.

Rejoice, the Weener balls are here!

http://shop.sport-schreiner-tt.de/dstore/Baelle-Zubehoer/28525/Hanno-***-Competition-40+--%28nahtlos%29.html?sid=1
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 1:23am
Doesn't it say made in prc on the box, people's republic of china
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 3:18am
Yes, when it says only "Germany" on the ball, not "made in Germany", you can be almost sure it's made in China. Big smile ttman is right, it does made "made in PRC"Confused

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 4:04am
So I believe all Yinhe resellers has received these free balls.

BTW - I wasn't expecting them until TNT called me to informed that my parcel has arrived in customs and they will deliver the next morning.

2 years business with them and this is the first time I got this surprise. Maybe it got to do with me harrasing them about Big Dipper and no one stocking them lol

I also got a sheet of Moon Speed (red 38) and Neptune (Red OX), not sure what they want me to do with those as I stock Moon Speed already and wonder if the Neptune is 40+ pips or not lol. And 2 reds....hm....
And they know I want a harder Big Dipper (I complain that 39 is way too soft, feels like 36)

Edited by ZApenholder - 10/06/2014 at 4:05am
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I just got in 3 boxes of 6.  Didn't get to try them tonight though.  Will try them tuesday.  As stated they are seamless.

I have some giant dragon seamed coming in for stock.  I may end up carrying both.

What's the pricing going to be? at least the ballpark?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 10:00am
Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

Doesn't it say made in prc on the box, people's republic of china

False alarm.  Weener balls not yet here.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 10:36am
All these are coming in ball park $2 a ball retail.  My cost with shipping maybe $3 per box of 3.  Maybe I'll go $6.50 per box or something.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 10:49am
XSF is $11 for 6 balls from pingpong depot.  That is a pretty good price but doesn't include shipping. When someone produces a seamed ball that approaches the performance of the seamless ones, I might consider them -- so far only Nittaku Premium in Japan.

http://www.pingpongdepot.com/jomvirtue/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=68550&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 10:59am
Coming back to Hanno Ball, the box says "designed in Germany, Manufactured in PRC".  I wonder if this is something different than the XSF ball?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

XSF is $11 for 6 balls from pingpong depot.  That is a pretty good price but doesn't include shipping. When someone produces a seamed ball that approaches the performance of the seamless ones, I might consider them -- so far only Nittaku Premium in Japan.

http://www.pingpongdepot.com/jomvirtue/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=68550&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64

I'm kind of the opposite.  from what I've seen the seamed plastic play better than the seamless.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I'm kind of the opposite.  from what I've seen the seamed plastic play better than the seamless.

I'm with Cole here, seam is better than seamless

Also the factory gets the balls ITTF approved. and if companies like Yinhe, Xiom, Butterfly etc orders balls from that factory, the balls get ITTF approved too - with the logo design

This news was actually shared by ITTF few months ago. So this is also why you have so many approved 40+ balls on the listing.

If i'm correct, there is 1 factory from Germany, 2 from China and 1 from Japan that is making these new polyballs
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 11:59am
The seamless bounce is truer.  Perhaps it's just that sound...

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 12:56pm
Nope.  Seamed ball bounces too low and too erratically.  The high bounce of the seamless ball is much closer to celluloid and makes the game much closer to celluloid.  Play with them more, or better yet watch good players use them.  You will see much less complaining about bad bounces.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 1:59pm
I have no doubt in my mind that the seamless plays better and lasts longer. You have more time to adjust to the ball with the higher and less erratic bounce.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2014 at 5:29pm
TAOBAO WILL FEED ALL THE MONEY MAKERS. I LIKE TAOBAO,   

Would I get professionally engaged in plastic balls commerce, I could surely gain a huge profit from Taobao and become all lousy with money within a year or so.
Unfortunately, I have now got much more family commitments to do.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39964783434

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 1:11pm
Or you could find yourself stuck with a ton of balls that aren't round and lose your shirt.  I know people who's had that happen.

nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 7:21pm
I order 120 Nittaku 40+ Premium from Japan 3 weeks ago is back order hope there ship out Oct 10.
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

I order 120 Nittaku 40+ Premium from Japan 3 weeks ago is back order hope there ship out Oct 10.

I only ordered three LOL

I hope to get them soon but if I like them a lot will stock up.  The time I tried one of them it was very good, because it actually bounces reasonably high -- like celluloid and XSF seamless, and unlike any of the other plastic seamed balls.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 9:36pm
Are these the Japan-made ones?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 10:02pm
Yes.  They are very different from the Chinese ones -- well at least the one ball that I got to try.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 9:30am
I got to play with the yinhe plastic a bit last night.  Very different feel.  The ball grabs the table like twice as much as I'm used to.  Backspin is killed on the table and the ball sits up.

I'm sure they're as good (probably the same) as any of the seamed balls, but they sure do play differently.  I couldn't play with them much because the guys in the club rebelled against them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic