Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Bty Zhang Jike Szlc or Mizutani Szlc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Luca abbatiello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2014 at 7:03pm
Size Sweet spot. Me too interested in this topic. Szlc>zlc>alc: it's true?? There is a blade with equal size of sweet spot? 

Luca
Sponsored Links

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2014 at 7:17pm
Actually I am thinking about buying a JM SZLC too. I liked everything about the performance of ZJK SZLC, looping, blocking, handle, everything except the feel. To me it fels soft and hollow. I like the hard feel of ALC or ZLC, but the super ZLC felt like a frikking styrofoam blade, and it bothered me so much that I sold the blade despite having excellent results with it. Does the MJ SZLC feel better and firmer by any chance? Anyone had them both?
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2014 at 10:26pm
I've had both (not simultaneously though. Yes, the MJSZLC is harder. If you've played with the MJ ZLC, it feels a lot like that except that it is stiffer, bouncier & more powerful.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2014 at 11:11am
thanks. ima get one, though I am 100% happy with TB ALC.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Billyc View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2014 at 11:21am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Actually I am thinking about buying a JM SZLC too..... I like the hard feel of ALC or ZLC, but. Does the MJ SZLC feel better and firmer by any chance? Anyone had them both?

I have both blades with the same rubbers (T05 fh & T64 bh).  If you like the hard feel then I would go with JM SZLC.  Both of them are very good blades for looping, blocking; however, JM has a little more power compare to ZJK when you play away from the table and it is also very good for smashing. 
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 3:19am
I play with MSZLC for now. I find it great, just two details could make me change : I could like a blade just a little less stiff, and slightly lighter. Is ZJK SZLC lighter and less stiff than MZLC ? Are they equally good for the first attack ? I don't want to lose spin if I switch to ZJK SZLC from MZLC.
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

thanks. ima get one, though I am 100% happy with TB ALC.

Verdict?
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 5:41pm
Hands down MJ SZLC!
thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2014 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

I play with MSZLC for now. I find it great, just two details could make me change : I could like a blade just a little less stiff, and slightly lighter. Is ZJK SZLC lighter and less stiff than MZLC ? Are they equally good for the first attack ? I don't want to lose spin if I switch to ZJK SZLC from MZLC.

You should try a ZLF blade or what they're moving towards...a "PRO" ZLF blade :)
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 3:47am
Going back to the original question Szlc blades clearly have a bigger sweet spot. Concerning I also feel more comfortable with a stiff and fast blade whenever I have the right position and timing. But when I am not accurate a slower and more flexible blade is more forgiving. Also it's true that this kind of blade gives easier blocks to your opponent. It's also true that if a blade is too fast you will have a hard time to control it.

Anyway I think that changing from an acoustic to Szlc blade it's too much of a jump in speed.

My recommandations if you want an acoustic with bigger sweet spot, good blocking and good control:

Acoustic carbon
barwell
barwell fleet
kasumi special
Vega Pro

These are all faster than acoustic but not as fast and stiff as Szlc blades. The strength of the Szlc blades is that they are very accurate. When your technique is perfectly correct they respond with the perfect results. On the other hand they are not forgiving meaning as soon as you make a small mistake the ball does not land on the table.

I used to play JM zlc last season than switched to JM Szlc at the beginning of this season. Now I play with the Xiom Vega Pro. The difference is very clear. The Vega Pro is less accurate but much more forgiving. Result is that more of my shots land on the table especially in blocking and counter looping. Also its flexibility makes it easier to do slow spinny loops compared to JM Szlc.

Difference in results was immediate. My rating is about 2500 in France. With the JM Szlc on my 2nd team game I lost a player rated around 2300 and on my 3rd team game with JM zlc I lost a player rayed around 2450. On my 4th team game using the vega Pro I won against one player rated 2690, one 2570 and almost won against one 2550.

So my suggestion is to get a blade which is fast with a great sweet spot but still quite forgiving.

My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 4:58am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by Luca abbatiello Luca abbatiello wrote:

The ability of producers is not to create too much difference speed/control. If I increase the Speed, I decrease control in general. The technological development (or marketing development!!!!!!!) improves this relationship, but we cannot do miracles. A more slow blade should be more control...

OK, that's a reasonable description. I think a lot of people would agree with that. Unfortunately, not everyone will. I know some forum users who think that the Boll ZLC is the ultimate in control, despite it being one of the fastest blades on the market.

I don't want to derail your thread - just be aware that many people have different ideas of what "control" means, and you should factor that in when reading the replies.

What OFF+ blade is the most forgiving ?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 5:08am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Is this question for me specifically?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 5:55am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

My rating is about 2500 in France. 

Whaou, gratz man. You are certainly the best player of the forum :D You semi-pro ?
I'm testing xiom Hayabusa Zxi with ZephiliumxCarbon like Vega Pro blade : thats definitely a great composite. 

Edited by vivan4tt - 11/13/2014 at 6:03am
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 9:00am

ttping85: Looks like you've found your preferred setup!

With the JM Szlc on my 2nd team game I lost a player rated around 2300 and on my 3rd team game with JM zlc I lost a player rayed around 2450. On my 4th team game using the vega Pro I won against one player rated 2690, one 2570 and almost won against one 2550.

How many days apart were these games?
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 9:05am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

ttping85: Looks like you've found your preferred setup!

<span style="line-height: 11.1999998092651px;">

</span><br style="line-height: 11.1999998092651px;"><span style="line-height: 11.1999998092651px;">With the JM Szlc on my 2nd team game I lost a player rated around 2300 and on my 3rd team game with JM zlc I lost a player rayed around 2450. On my 4th team game using the vega Pro I won against one player rated 2690, one 2570 and almost won against one 2550.</span><br style="line-height: 11.1999998092651px;"><span style="line-height: 11.1999998092651px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 11.1999998092651px;">
</span>

How many days apart were these games?

It was 3 weeks between each team game.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 9:07am

any who can answer in their humble opinion
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2014 at 9:44am

any who can answer in their humble opinion

Hmmm. Don't want to get too off-topic, but "most forgiving" means different things to different people too IMO.

My personal example is this. When I use OFF+ blades, I struggle more with touch play over the table than in other areas of the game. I tend to adjust my play when using FAST blades - I move further away from the table, and try to stay mobile. So I've always found that the most forgiving OFF+ blades have lower-speed low gears. I've used a few like that over the years, but the best experience I had was with the Nexy Qabod.

But the Qabod is not a linear blade, so others may find this unforgiving, and I would totally understand their point of view.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 1:33pm
Here's a comparison video:

spinnyserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinnyserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 6:19pm

Going back to the original question Szlc blades clearly have a bigger sweet spot. Concerning I also feel more comfortable with a stiff and fast blade whenever I have the right position and timing. But when I am not accurate a slower and more flexible blade is more forgiving. Also it's true that this kind of blade gives easier blocks to your opponent. It's also true that if a blade is too fast you will have a hard time to control it.

Anyway I think that changing from an acoustic to Szlc blade it's too much of a jump in speed.

My recommandations if you want an acoustic with bigger sweet spot, good blocking and good control:

Acoustic carbon
barwell
barwell fleet
kasumi special
Vega Pro

These are all faster than acoustic but not as fast and stiff as Szlc blades. The strength of the Szlc blades is that they are very accurate. When your technique is perfectly correct they respond with the perfect results. On the other hand they are not forgiving meaning as soon as you make a small mistake the ball does not land on the table.

I used to play JM zlc last season than switched to JM Szlc at the beginning of this season. Now I play with the Xiom Vega Pro. The difference is very clear. The Vega Pro is less accurate but much more forgiving. Result is that more of my shots land on the table especially in blocking and counter looping. Also its flexibility makes it easier to do slow spinny loops compared to JM Szlc.

Difference in results was immediate. My rating is about 2500 in France. With the JM Szlc on my 2nd team game I lost a player rated around 2300 and on my 3rd team game with JM zlc I lost a player rayed around 2450. On my 4th team game using the vega Pro I won against one player rated 2690, one 2570 and almost won against one 2550.

So my suggestion is to get a blade which is fast with a great sweet spot but still quite forgiving.

Hi ttping85,

Do you mind to tell me what is the weight of your Vega Pro?    What i can find is quite light around 82-83g.. but i prefer something heavier.  And where do you buy it?  THanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic